New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Given that Tiff is old, Ben is probably faster than him at the moment. Don't know if Ben could take on Plato, though.

I'd say Clarkson has the most experience and speed amongst the current three. He's not a great driver, but he's pretty good and he knows what he's doing out there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    isnt it that, except when tiff cant help but show off and do insane drifts, he almost always wins over plato in their shootouts? now that collins is in fifth gear, heres hopin that the three do an ultimate supercar shootout.
    imo, clarkson's the fastest among the three in a track, the way he does voice overs during power laps makes me think that he knows the dynamics of racing.
    hammond in a drag race though.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by backb0ard View Post
    isnt it that, except when tiff cant help but show off and do insane drifts, he almost always wins over plato in their shootouts? now that collins is in fifth gear, heres hopin that the three do an ultimate supercar shootout.
    imo, clarkson's the fastest among the three in a track, the way he does voice overs during power laps makes me think that he knows the dynamics of racing.
    hammond in a drag race though.
    Hmmm.. from battles I've seen, Plato wins more often... but sometimes it's just a matter of the car...

And yes... a supercar shootout between the three would be terrific.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just watched the 24 hrs at Silverstone Ep. of Top Gear Series 10.

From the looks of it, Clarkson seems to know the most about racing.

He may be portrayed as a fat bloke who only knows "POWERRRR", but he does indeed know what he's doing. Though Sabine Schmitz has said that he hasn't got much talent.

I still think Hammond, if given more time around tracks (Jeremy has obviously been in the car industry longer), could top Clarkson. In fact I still think in current conditions he can beat him.

Clearly Top Gear producers have avoided rivalries between the presenters' driving skills (except for May whom they portray to be Capt. Slow), so it's quite ambiguous as to who's the better of Clarkson and Hammond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fastest Top Gear Presenter