New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

[SIZE=2]Osama bin Laden's first video in almost three years has drawn enthusiastic support from Al Qaida supporters but other Muslims in the Arab world seem less impressed, and wary of new violence.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Marking the sixth anniversary of the group's September 11, 2001 attacks on US cities, the Saudi-born militant described the United States as vulnerable, a message some of his followers saw as a sign a new operation might be approaching.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Analysts were divided as to whether the appearance was intended to inspire new attacks.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Although Bin Laden made no specific threat, many Islamist bloggers echoed a conclusion drawn by a moderator of an Al Qaida-linked Web forum: "The coming strike is inevitable, God willing." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Many repeated the same phrase verbatim, while others expressed happiness at seeing bin Laden, who is widely believed to be hiding out in mountains on the Afghan-Pakistan border.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"Oh, worshippers of the cross ... you will not have time to understand what is happening to you. Your arrogance will not help you, nor will the lies of your media when you see the news with your own eyes," wrote a blogger using the alias Al Yaqoubi.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Another wrote: "I would sacrifice my mother and father for you, my sheikh. Strike, may God guide your aim and that of your soldiers. Strike and bring pleasure to the hearts of Muslims."

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]In the video called the "the solution" by Al Qaida's media arm, Bin Laden urged Americans to ditch capitalist democracy and embrace Islam if they want to end the war in Iraq.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]He appeared in Arab robes rather than the military style combat fatigues he has favoured in the past.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]A shopkeeper in Cairo, who gave his name as only as Mohamed, said Bin Laden's call was not serious.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"I think his call for the West to convert to Islam is a prelude for him to issue new threats against them. He will then say 'I had offered you peace by asking you to convert' to justify the threats."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Several Muslims, while strongly opposed to US policies in Muslim countries, said they were against any operation similar to the 9/11 attacks which killed about 3,000 people.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"Attacks will never solve any problem; they will only make them worse," said Mohammad Hasan, an Egyptian civil engineer. "He attacked before. What was the result? Wars and suffering for Muslims all over the world."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Hilal, a Palestinian living in the UAE, commented on Bin Laden's video: "It is very difficult to say anything about him. He talks about issues that are very important and true but the way he wants to fix them is not right.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"I hear him and say 'I wish an Arab leader would be so focused on Arab issues', but I disagree with killing innocent people."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Abdel A'la Nawwara, a lawyer in Egypt, said the appearance of Bin Laden "proves that the Americans cannot get him. He has strong fortifications and they are unlikely to reach him."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]SOURCE: GULFNEWS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]---------------------[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]It is 6th anniversary tomorrow since the WTC 9/11 attacks, do you think Osama appears for this reason?
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Buhay pa pala si Bin Laden? Ingat na lang.

Bin Laden video stirs uneasiness