New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ahhh... Siobhan Magnus gets my vote for "likely to be a new Glee cast member next season." She's incredibly likeable, goofy and cute.

From reports, Crystal might win, but DialIdol gives Lee a huge vote advantage... DialIdol doesn't account for text votes, but it looks like Lee might win it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anyone seen OB in the audience?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I was asking GM in the other thread he started about Disney....

Crystal clearly outperformed Lee in the finals last night... She and the judges have misty eyes after her last performance and Simon was visibly surprised by her comments and dumbfounded in his last act as an American Idol judge..... "Outstanding"...

However, they were saying that Lee will get the votes for the grand prize...

We will see....

10K:dance1:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's no doubt about it. Dialidol.com is hardly ever wrong about who's first, though, when there are still a lot of contestants in, it sometimes cannot predict who's last. But the scoring for Lee was unambiguous.

Too bad. From the performances last night, Crystal should have won. But Idol isn't about who's better... it's about who's more likeable, more marketable, and who has the momentum going into the finals. And Lee had the momentum. Momentum is what killed Adam Lambert last year... Kris Allen was just picking up steam heading into the top six, and he peaked within three or four weeks of the final. If you're strong but don't improve over the course of the season, it can cost you.

Still, some are of the opinion Crystal is better off not being the winner... as... like Adam, it gives her more flexibility in doing her album and finding her voice.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's no doubt about it. Dialidol.com is hardly ever wrong about who's first, though, when there are still a lot of contestants in, it sometimes cannot predict who's last. But the scoring for Lee was unambiguous.

Too bad. From the performances last night, Crystal should have won. But Idol isn't about who's better... it's about who's more likeable, more marketable, and who has the momentum going into the finals. And Lee had the momentum. Momentum is what killed Adam Lambert last year... Kris Allen was just picking up steam heading into the top six, and he peaked within three or four weeks of the final. If you're strong but don't improve over the course of the season, it can cost you.

Still, some are of the opinion Crystal is better off not being the winner... as... like Adam, it gives her more flexibility in doing her album and finding her voice.

If I remember correctly, another factor, which to my mind is the biggest, that spelled Adam's vote count last year was his admission that he is 'gay'.....

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

DeWyze takes crown as Cowell bids goodbye to American Idol

INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 09:58:00 05/27/2010

Filed Under: music, Music, Celebrities

MANILA, Philippines—(UPDATE) Shy paint store clerk Lee DeWyze has captured more hearts—and votes—in the United States to emerge as “American Idol” season 9 winner, beating out young mother Crystal Bowersox.

“Oh my God. Oh My God. I can’t describe the feeling,” said the visibly stunned 24-year-old crooner from Illinois.

The two-hour finale was also Simon Cowell’s swan song as the hit show’s judge known for his cutting remarks is moving to another Fox’s show, “The X Factor,” a version of his popular British talent contest.

"I didn't think I was going to be this emotional, but I genuinely am," said Cowell as he joined show host Ryan Seacrest onstage to say goodbye to his global audience who “loves to hate him.”

"The show goes forward and it'll be different," he emotionally vowed, thanking everyone. "The truth is, you guys are the judge of this show and you've done an incredible job over the years."

American Idol is a singing talent reality television contest, which began on June 11, 2002, and has since become one of the most popular show in the history of US television.

Oh well.... The judges' opinions obviously do not agree with this....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

If I remember correctly, another factor, which to my mind is the biggest, that spelled Adam's vote count last year was his admission that he is 'gay'.....

It was a factor, but a bigger factor was the PO'd Gokey fans who purposely voted for Allen to take revenge on Adam for ousting Gokey.

Of course, let's not discount the fact that Allen had the momentum and, in my opinion, had the better performances of the night. Maybe not in terms of outright vocal fireworks, but in terms of connecting with the songs. Kara's (crappy) original song from last season, in particular, suited Allen better than Adam.

-

In this case, part of Lee's win can be attributed to Idol's huge female fanbase... though that female fanbase has connected solidly with Crystal, also... and part of it can be his approachability. He's also very "current", much like Kris Allen and David Cook are... which suits the Idol formula better.

-

I agree that Crystal should have won on quality, but them's the breaks.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Casey's female fans (tweens, teens and cougars) voted for Lee.

Crystal was the best singer, but the songs she chose for most of the season were not well known. The first time I heard "Me and Bobby Mcgee" (Janis Joplin) and "Saved" (Elvis) was when Crystal sang them on AI.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    was rooting for Crystal. she is the better singer. may just be me but i though walang sariling character and stage personality si Lee. Crystal had her own thing for the entire season.

between Lee and Casey naman i would have voted for Casey pero he would be better fronting a band not going solo. Crystal tops them both.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It was a star-studded night with Joe Cocker, Alice Cooper, Hall and Oates, Bee Gees, Alanis Morisette, Christina Aguilera, Paula Abdul, Janet Jackson et al....

It's nice to see this year's Top12 again.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
American Idol Season 9: 2010