New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think the last good season of AI was when Taylor Hicks won and with Simon Cowell gone, there's no more reason for me to watch AI. Now I am looking forward to X Factor US!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sis, 2006 pa iyon... So, ibig bang sabihin ay hindi ka na bilib kina Jordin Sparks, David Cook at Kris Allen(Adam Lambert)......?

Nanuod ka ba ng concert ni Kelly Clarkson dito?

Nice to see the previous winners of the American Idol, too, last night....

10K:dance1:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yung top 12 nung 2006 and earlier wala masyado or walang sablay, yung sa recent seasons parang hindi papasa kung ilaban sa contestants ng earlier seasons.

Bakit pala wala si David Cook last night? Siya lang ang wala sa winners.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Casey's female fans (tweens, teens and cougars) voted for Lee.

Crystal was the best singer, but the songs she chose for most of the season were not well known. The first time I heard "Me and Bobby Mcgee" (Janis Joplin) and "Saved" (Elvis) was when Crystal sang them on AI.
    I'm actually a big Joplin fan... and she did that well.

I think the best song she had was the McCartney number Ellen picked for her in the final three.

The trouble is, the songs she picked weren't all that heavy on emotional content. If she'd done, for instance, Joni Mitchell's "Clouds" or "River", that would have been right up her alley, and would have shown more emotion and connection.

Lee, on the other hand, had a few moments where he came across as vulnerable and totally in tune with the song and the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I think the last good season of AI was when Taylor Hicks won and with Simon Cowell gone, there's no more reason for me to watch AI. Now I am looking forward to X Factor US!
    I also liked the mix of contestants then... not just for the talent, but the personality. The Jordin Sparks season that followed was truly low on stand-out talents and was a shambles.

BUT: I loved the David versus David season. Some pretty good singers there, too.... especially David Cook, who may be one of the best winners behind Carrie Underwood (although David is more to my tastes).. And the Gokey-Allen-Lambert fight was a good one... sure... the best singer may not have won, but it was much the same story... talent versus audience connection.

Yung top 12 nung 2006 and earlier wala masyado or walang sablay, yung sa recent seasons parang hindi papasa kung ilaban sa contestants ng earlier seasons.
    Actually, it's unfair to compare them... siyempre, those contestants who've made recording careers after Idol now have more experience, and putting them side by side with the newbies, the effects of experience and practice are obvious. Even Kellie Pickler (who guests a lot) is now a whole lot better than when she was a contestant... surprisingly so. Pero Katherina McPhee... sintunado pa rin kumanta... :hysterical:

Bakit pala wala si David Cook last night? Siya lang ang wala sa winners.
    Maybe contractual obligations... another concert, maybe? He's guested a few times. Surprised that Taylor Hicks was there... thought there was a rift between him and the producers...

-

And ultra-ultra-surprised that Joe Cocker was there. Didn't even know he was still alive! Too bad about Chicago... they sounded very rough... not even as good as they sounded when they did the Manila concert.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^ Sayang nga, I was hoping Joe Cocker would sing "You Are So Beautiful" and "Up Where We Belong" with the finalists,- not "With A Little Help From My Friends",- which we all know is a Beatles song....

Peter Cetera is not anymore a member of Chicago, right? Agree that they sounded very rough... Kapos na kapos... Sadly, Lee was not really a big help, either...

On the new contestants, magaling din naman sila pero I think sablay sila sa pagpili ng kanilang piyesa compared to the previous seasons...

10K:dance1:
    Last edited by CVT; May 28th, 2010 at 11:29 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, it's unfair to compare them... siyempre, those contestants who've made recording careers after Idol now have more experience, and putting them side by side with the newbies, the effects of experience and practice are obvious. Even Kellie Pickler (who guests a lot) is now a whole lot better than when she was a contestant... surprisingly so. Pero Katherina McPhee... sintunado pa rin kumanta... :hysterical:.
    I meant when they were all newbies. I think those who got it on the recent seasons wouldn't have been able to get in if they auditioned along with those from the earlier seasons.

I thought McPhee was a good singer but I don't like her personality. I have a feeling that she loves her good looks too much

I liked Kellie Pickler before they turned her into a manufactured celebrity. It's like she aged 10 years with her new look and boob job. I still think she is sweet though.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I meant when they were all newbies. I think those who got it on the recent seasons wouldn't have been able to get in if they auditioned along with those from the earlier seasons.

I thought McPhee was a good singer but I don't like her personality. I have a feeling that she loves her good looks too much

I liked Kellie Pickler before they turned her into a manufactured celebrity. It's like she aged 10 years with her new look and boob job. I still think she is sweet though.
    Hindi ko napansin yung mga bagong assets ni Pickler, ha... :hysterical:

McPhee has always smelled a bit like a brat... and backstage jabber from other contestants after the season confirmed it.

-

Actually, it used to be they let a lot of "comedy relief" contestants in in previous seasons... I believe Casey, Lee, Crystal and Michael would be top six in whatever season they would have entered... but definitely none are a match for contestants like Carrie, Fantasia or Cook.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
American Idol Season 9: 2010