New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: who will win American Idol Season 7?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Archuleta

3 21.43%
  • David cook

11 78.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i'm for cook...but i saw the "face off" earlier tonight and unfortunately the judges are for archuleta

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, Archuleta laid low Cook last night. Total ownage. Even the irrepressible Cowell said so.

Personally, I find Cook boring. The grunge/rock look is so passe, and his guitar gimmicks and raspy voice only cater to a specific audience, and not the general public

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i watched their last 3 performances last night...sad to say, all 3 judges are for david a...

but for me, my bet is david c..why? he's very versatile..he's not afraid of experimenting on his style...and he showed that thru his performances last night...he showed 3 different david c...i love the last song he sung...(from collective soul's “The World I Know”)...when simon said it's a wrong choice of song and asked why he didn’t do something like billy jean, Cook’s response?

“Why would I do something that I’ve already done?”

hehehe, just dunno how simon and david a. felt after cook said that...

as for david a, well he's good..but he's very much predictable..and he played safe by singing "Imagine"..

but still, the competition is not yet over...(though simon said it was a ko...)

win or lose, i'll go for David Cook...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, Simon said in Jay Leno's show that he wanted David Cook to win.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    For the longest time, Simon Cowell has been saying that AI is not just a singing competition, it's also looking for a star that can pander to the public's tastes and whims. After all, during the semifinal round, it's them that makes the decision on who to send home, not the judges.

Namimilosopo pa kasi si Cook kagabi, it was an obvious barb to Archuleta's 3rd song choice, Imagine, which Archuleta already sang. Cowell was pointing out that Cook's 3rd song was not a good choice for catering to the public, especially during the finals.

He can be creative all he wants, AFTER he wins the competition and not before. And reacting sarcastically to Simon is not a good move either. Cowell may be a royal PITA, but he does carry a lot if wieght in public opinion, and he can sway their votes.
    Last edited by Galactus; May 22nd, 2008 at 09:39 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    david c won with 12m votes daw...hehehe...yahoo!!!!

galing talaga...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Wow, congrats to David Cook. The difference wasn't even close, 12 million votes nga daw yung agwat.

Cook triumphs over Archuleta on 'American Idol'
    1 hour and 15 minutes ago

Grown-up rocker David Cook has triumphed over smooth-voiced teen David Archuleta to become the new "American Idol."

While Archuleta was heaped with praise by the judges the night before, the voters decided otherwise -- and it wasn't even close. Host Ryan Seacrest said during Wednesday's show that 12 million votes was the difference.

Cook was overcome by emotion, bending toward the stage after his name was announced.

"This is amazing," he said. "This is all your fault," he added, addressing the brother who Cook had accompanied to the "Idol" audition that started it all.

Cook immediately took the microphone and began to sing "Time of my Life," which won the annual "Idol songwriting competition."

Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright/IP Policy | Terms of Service | Help
    http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34934/news/..._idol__ER:7802

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :thumbup: as expected cook did win it...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by buraot View Post
    i watched their last 3 performances last night...sad to say, all 3 judges are for david a...

but for me, my bet is david c..why? he's very versatile..he's not afraid of experimenting on his style...and he showed that thru his performances last night...he showed 3 different david c...i love the last song he sung...(from collective soul's “The World I Know”)...when simon said it's a wrong choice of song and asked why he didn’t do something like billy jean, Cook’s response?

“Why would I do something that I’ve already done?”

hehehe, just dunno how simon and david a. felt after cook said that...

as for david a, well he's good..but he's very much predictable..and he played safe by singing "Imagine"..

but still, the competition is not yet over...(though simon said it was a ko...)

win or lose, i'll go for David Cook...
    That's the thing.

Even if re-singing one of his better performances would have gotten him the uncontroversial win, guess what?

Re-singing "Imagine" did David Archuleta no favors. It was already great the first time. Him singing it again was so obvious, I wanted to shout... "cop-out!"

Then I just shut up... his voice is great.

I gave Archuleta odds of 2-1 to win. His second number and third number were much better. Cook didn't pick a winner for his second number, but it's catchy enough to be radio-ready. And his third number, "The World I Know" just didn't work. But his very first number, "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" was just perfect... and probably saved his ass.

He took risks. He showed versatility. David Archuleta gave one winning performance and two "safe" songs. That's just not the way to go on idol.

And, as my wife mentioned... Simon Cowell gave David Archuleta the "kiss of death" three times last night... Remember that "kiss of death"? He gave it to Carly, too...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ... but the highlight of the night was renaldo lapuz's performance . (forward to the 2:10 mark)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkVgRGzyIug"]YouTube - Renaldo Lapuz Brothers Forever on American Idol[/ame]
    awesome!!!
    Last edited by Cult Zero; May 23rd, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
American Idol Season 7 finale...