New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Finally, a star that both GMA and ABS can not own.
    Actually, mas malamang na 'angkinin' siya ng GMA, considering that American Idol 7 is seen on QTV-11, Channel 7's UHF station.

That's IF they're willing to lay claim to him in the first place...

Even ABC-5, who formerly had the rights to air American Idol here, featured Lapuz in one of their news programs.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Bogeyman,

I missed out on that, mukhang sa GMA nga if ever. Tama ka

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yep.he's pinoy.haha.baka sumunod na siya kay william hung.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaterring View Post

Ramiele Malubay
    Hehe i personally know this gal coz she was a student of my friend who is a voice coach here in Orlando. I've seen this kid grow up and mature. I always see her perform in various occasions and filipino events here in Central Florida and Tampa as well. She loves to sing that Bituin Escalante song (i forgot the title)

Goodluck Ramiel :shake:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^huwaw!!!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    First round done for the guys! Feedback: (sorry for the long post... am ecstatic about this year's competition...)

David Hernandez (24) - “Midnight Hour”. Strong vocals, a tiny bit loose on the high notes, but still okay. But he lacks charisma... his stage presence could be better. Simon Cowell's words: “rabbit in the headlights”... guess it's nerves.

Chikezie (22) - “More Today Than Yesterday”. Eliminated before Final 24 in Season 6, put in extra work to get in for this season. Unfortunately, he gives this song a laid-back discotheque feel... “Too old fashioned...” according to the irrepressible Simon Cowell... I completely agree. Singing is terrific... don't like his low end, but his high notes are terrific. Given the right song choice, he could be a contender.

David Cook (25) - “Happy Together”. Another 'interesting' interpretation. The extra-slow intro sucked, the high-volume ending was just 'okay' (too much screaming...). The only thing he got right was the second verse. I thought it was terrible, though my wife contends that it was only “a little terrible”. He's not a bad singer, but I don't see him going into the final twelve down the road.

Jason Yaeger (28) - “Moon River”. This song is a personal favorite. Unfortunately, his 'lounge' version was, according to Simon: “middle of the road”... in other words, not an exciting interpretation... Jason said he was trying not to be too 'cabaret', but I think it was. Good voice, though... very soothing. Unfortunately, he slipped out of the moment a couple of times. Inconsistent performance. Cute son sitting in the audience wins sympathy votes, though.

Robbie Carrico (26) - “One is the Loneliest Number”. Used to be in a group that backed Britney Spears, but now tending towards the 'rock' end of the spectrum. Not a very memorable performance. Nothing terribly wrong with his voice or his singing... it just didn't work for me. Think Simon is on to something, here, asking if the guy is into rock. It just doesn't seem like it.

David Archiuleta (17) - “You Better Shop Around” His voice just shouldn't work. It just shouldn't. It's breathy and strained when he talks... but when he gets on the mic, it just plain works. Terrific performance tonight... natural, energetic, dynamic, and he hit all the high notes perfectly. Best performance of the first half, hands down. Forget the crap about how young he is... we've seen too many teenagers on Idol to actually care that he's so young, but this kid is definitely going all the way to the final six.

Danny Noriega (18) - “Jailhouse Rock”. Another Season 6 refugee. He's loosened up and let his hair down this season, and he's totally like, y'know, gay. Good stage presence, this guy has a lot of personality... just wish he'd picked a more dynamic song. Simon called it “grotesque”... but I think he was being overly sarcastic... unfortunately, there is some truth to it... it just wasn't a great song... didn't show off his range or singing ability.

Luke Menard (29) - (don't know the song) Yet another Season 6 refugee... he didn't even make the first audition cut last year (terrible audition). TV actor looks, sweet voice, this guy could go straight to Hollywood. Unfortunately, it wasn't a rousing performance. Good range, but the song didn't do much for me. Randy called it “pitchy”. According to Simon “it wasn't memorable”. Well, he looks good enough that he might make it through.

Colton Berry (18) - “Suspicious Minds”. Not as gay as Danny, but still kind of gay. Doesn't help that he looks like Ellen DeGeneres. Definitely not a front-running performance. Somewhat lost it at the beginning... I couldn't tell what the hell he was singing. Vocals good, but the song was a little dragging. Needs more personality. “Karaoke” according to Simon. Not in the sense that it was bad... it just wasn't fresh.

Garrett Haley (17) - “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do”. Looks like Peter Frampton reincarnate, sounds like a white Michael Jackson. Creepy. His interpretation of the song, unfortunately, just doesn't cut it. Starts the song just waaaaaay too slow. First line or two is okay, but then it just draaaaaaaaags.... reaaaaaally draaaaaaags... Showcases his minty fresh voice, but it doesn't do anything for his chances of not being eliminated.

Jason Castro (20) - “What a Day for a Daydream” Hands down, my favorite performance of the night. Raised my hackles. This guy has got the whole pop singer vibe down right... the voice just on the edge of breaking, the vocal touches and inflections... it's like a Cafe performance by one of the greats (according to Paula: “effortless”)... he makes singing look as natural as breathing. The whole thing left me absolutely speechless. Randy had issues with the singing, but what the heck is he smoking? It was great! As acccording to Simon: “it was perfect.”

And man, his hair? Dreads. Totally cool. he should win just for the hair. Who knows if he'll win... but he's my top pick from the guys.

Michael Johns (29) - “Light My Fire”. The “Rock” guy of Season 7. Not quite as good as Chris Daughtry vocally, but he's got a good voice and he's a good performer. Unfortunately, if you're trying to make an impression on terms of vocals, a Doors song just isn't the way to go... He can't compare to Jim Morrison's ***y baritone? A good performance, technically, but he didn't work the song as well as he could have. Possibly top twelve or top six, but this isn't his best performance so far.

-------

Top picks this episode:

1. Jason Castro
    2. David Archiuleta
    3. Michael Johns (didn't really like it... but I've got to admit it was good)
    Last edited by niky; February 21st, 2008 at 11:58 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    lusot na to the next round si ramiele. and she got good comments from the 3 judges.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Top Picks of the Girl's Night:

Syesha Mercado – like Jason Castro last night, probably not the best vocals, but she's got the “hackle-raising” down pat. And that last, screaming note? Oh.My.God. Great Job! She really rocked the joint!

Remielle Malubay – Very polished. Very professional. Medyo corny yung kanta, but you can see what a brilliant performer she is. She doesn't just sing, she puts inflections and emotion into the song. Reminds me of a young Leah Salongga... effortless... flawless.

Asia'h Epperson – Rocking Job. Sang "Little Piece of My Heart"... She's no Janis Joplin, but she ekes the most you can possibly get out of her voice.

Carly Smithson – Potentially good. Poor song choice, but she's definitely not going home yet.

Dark Horses:

Amanda Overmyer – The "Rock and Roll Nurse". She's got spunk and attitude. She's not going to win, not glamorous enough for that, but she's definitely top 12. Entertaining girl. Hope she gets recruited into a heavy metal band after this... she really rocks.

Kady Malloy – has “the package"... just like Katharine McPhee... good looks, good stage presence, great voice. But unlike McPhee... she can actually stay in tune ( ) and she doesn't seem to have that smug attitude... just needs to stay within the top three or four in terms of vocal performances to get to the finals.

Going Home:

Kristy Lee Cook – Seeing her recap after the rousing final numbers makes her performance seem even worse than it was. And it was totally flat. Not a b ad singer, but not a standout. Too bad... she's easy on the eyes.

Amy Davis – You can't get away with a merely decent performance when they're voting people off. Get with it, girl!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Alam ko dugong pinoy si Malubay. Eh si Asiah? (Di ba si Asiah yung nasa pic? na may tag na malubay -- nalilito ako sa kanilang 2 eh).

Sa lalaki ba walang noypi? O Fil-something?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    may pinay na nakapalampas sa hollywood audition,, pero gusto ko dun ung marami tatoo galing nya kumanta top3 nga daw yun according ky simon yung maangas na judge

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
American Idol Season 7