New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 72 of 214 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi Im a Newbie here too.
    I'm an old schooler.
    I inherited 3 cars from my dad. The 1st is a Citroen 2cV 1962 model sporting a 602cc air cooled flat 2 cylinder opposing engine with
    -four wheel independent suspension
    - trailing arm rear suspension
    -front wheel drive
    -in board front brakes
    -4-speed manual transmission
    -bolt-on detachable body panels
    -front suicide doors and canvas top with fold up windows ALL STOCK!! and goes for 14 kms to the liter but only gets up to 65 to 75kph!

Toyota Corolla 73 Sprinter
    -13 inch Hayashi racing mags with pirelli low profile tires
    -13T Engine 4x1 Nodalos headers
    -Paddy Hopkirk rally seats
    -Pioneer moondial radio cassette player (classic)
    -Currently undergoing a rebuild

The 3rd Car is a 1983 Toyota Corona Silver Edition (my daily driver)
    -My first year of officially owning the car I installed Rota Italia 13" mags running GY wide ovals which was later replaced with VMF 15's sporting Bridgestone Potenzas 205's.Basic mods include:
    Interior
    -Power windows and door locks
    -Pioneer DEH-P5800MP CD player with a 2 Alpine V-12 500watt amplifiers running TS-C720PRS 6-3/4" Premier PRS component speaker package seperates up front and TS-A6961R 3' x 9' mids and 2 local TARGA 12" wooofers at back generating about 1000 watts.
    -Yasaki red racing boots and red momo shift knob
    -Ols School SAMWON 7.5" color TV (dont have enough money to upgrade to flat screen)
    -Maroon door panels with red cloth inserts and red 4 pc. carpets
    Engine & Drivetrain:
    -Replaced the 12R 1600 unit with a 22R Twin cam from a Toyota Hi-lux truck we once owned.Mated to a Celica 5 speed
    -Its painted fire red with 4-1 exhaust, Anodized red and silver dress up kit for the hoses and red silicone gel carburator hoses and oil breathers from K&N
    -Simota air cleaner, and 4 row radiator from a Tamaraw FX
    -Recently swapped a Carina 86 rear end with rear discs to my ride with a proportioning valve from a crown so Im now all 4 wheel disks
    Body
    -Exterior is basically stock but repainted it red from original silver 6 years ago with 2 functional hood vents capped by Hi-tech screen vents (believe me with a 22R engine the thing overheats if i didnt cool the engine.

Goes for 6 klms. to the liter. Looking for a turbocharger for it but too expensive.
    Last edited by Rebs; December 18th, 2006 at 04:27 PM. Reason: forgot to say i was a newbie

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    bagong addition sa garahe 2006 BMW Z4 M Coupe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    My Rental Car: Nissan Cube

Ugly little mutt. But, it gets me from point A to point B. What I can't stand is that female Japanese voice that comes up when I least expect it. I thought it was teh GPS. But, that voice still comes on even with the GPS off.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/gallery/data...san_Cube_1.jpg

http://tsikot.yehey.com/gallery/data...e_Interior.jpg
    niiiiiice! cute=adorably ugly. hehehehe.

is that a japanese sticker i see sa front windshield?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    niiiiiice! cute=adorably ugly. hehehehe.

is that a japanese sticker i see sa front windshield?
    Yup. It is. I have no idea what is is, though.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i see. :D

i won't complain if the japanese female voice was from aoi sora though.

oh yea...doesn't this one have a huge blind spot at the right rear?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    i see. :D

i won't complain if the japanese female voice was from aoi sora though.

oh yea...doesn't this one have a huge blind spot at the right rear?
    I never did notice the blind spot. I'm more concerned about my driving as a whole. It did take me a while to get the hang of driving on the wrong side of the car/road. There were a couple of occasions when I got on the right lane and scared a couple of Japanese motorists. It looked like we were going to have a head-on collision. But, both drivers swerved out of my way. All I could was say, "Oooops, sorry!" One of them gave me a long ugly look. He was probably thinking, "Stupid American driver!".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    hehehe sya uwi dito sa Pinas at ng maisakay kita. pero wala naman sinabi ang oto ko sa sasakyan mo
    sige...aasahan ko yan ha

sa totoo lang, i really really like the PHDM Corona of that generation. i lived there in the RP when i was a teenager, and if i had stayed there, that would have been my dream car - that and the Galant GTi.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by USDM Legacy GT View Post
    bagong addition sa garahe 2006 BMW Z4 M Coupe

huwaw...that's a really nice car. do you mind if i ask you for a mini-review? did you look at other cars like the Porsche Cayman also? how do they stack up?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    huwaw...that's a really nice car. do you mind if i ask you for a mini-review? did you look at other cars like the Porsche Cayman also? how do they stack up?
    this is the expression on my face after the test drive.

I also tried the Cayman S but after 9 miles of test drive nakakapagod. I test drove the Cayman S with tiptronic, hindi sya as responsive as the M coupe. Kahit nasa low gear ka mahina humatak.

Quote Originally Posted by USDM Legacy GT View Post
    WOW GANDA!

What is your ride?