New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 47 of 214 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy
    Shaq, why not lease the cayenne? You get a low monthly payment and not worry about big repair cost since it would be under warranty. If I ever get tired of my 5, I would most likely opt for a 7 but leased this time since Im going to be driving it everyday and you know, after driving it everyday to work, you kinda get tired of it. Run the lease to 2 years and get a new one with no hasles.

LOL....i've never been really a fan of leasing....i prolly would if i had mucho dinero like you (or if i had my own business) but yeah, you are right, after 2 years (at most), i get the urge to drive another car...but then again, its a psychological thing....with a leased car, i would be driving like crazy every time i drive - and wouldn't worry about taking care of it.....but if you buy it, its like life, you never know when you wanna sell it....so since its yours, you gotta take care of it...
    Last edited by airshaq20; June 17th, 2005 at 10:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    f300 93 ferosa
    sx8 98 city gen 1

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    LOL....i've never been really a fan of leasing....i prolly would if i had mucho dinero like you (of if i had my own business) but yeah, you are right, after 2 years (at most), i get the urge to drive another car...but then again, its a psychological thing....with a leased car, i would be driving like crazy every time i drive - and wouldn't worry about taking care of it.....but if i buy it, its like life, you never know when you wanna sell it....so since its yours, you gotta take care of it...
    Good one there Shaq.... yeah I've been fortunate but if you factor in depreciation and for guys like us, you know its extremely hard not to look at those "new" toys now and then, leasing starts making sense. Either way, we both have expensive habbits!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Good one there Shaq.... yeah I've been fortunate but if you factor in depreciation and for guys like us, you know its extremely hard not to look at those "new" toys now and then, leasing starts making sense. Either way, we both have expensive habbits!

Yeah, i know what you mean....especially when you bought a new car in the middle of the current model's life - then after a year or 2, a new one comes out. Days when you're out there driving, staring the red light, comes the new model right beside you. You can't even look at the driver coz you pretend not to notice him. Green light......you let him go so you could stare at his new car.....then you go home......check prices.....then you check the trade-in value of your car......and start thinkin......why oh why.....LOL...sorry, im just talking to my self.....hahaha....

Oh man....i gotta stop posting.......gotta do some work here.....LOL

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yeah, i know what you mean....especially when you bought a new car in the middle of the current model's life - then after a year or 2, a new one comes out. Days when you're out there driving, staring the red light, comes the new model right beside you. You can't even look at the driver coz you pretend not to notice him. Green light......you let him go so you could stare at his new car.....then you go home......check prices.....then you check the trade-in value of your car......and start thinkin......why oh why.....LOL...sorry, im just talking to my self.....hahaha....

Oh man....i gotta stop posting.......gotta do some work here.....LOL
    LOL! I see Im not the only one! Where do you work at?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    LOL! I see Im not the only one! Where do you work at?

I work for an architect/commercial builder company as a project manager. Was a good break from all the programming i did but .... yeah it "was"....now im getting sick of what im doing so, hopefully, around fall, i will find a government job in DC or at WB or some embassy. Just tryin to focus right now on the long term.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ako cadillac -ad...

nakakatuwa yung thread nato.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako natatawa.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    LOL....i've never been really a fan of leasing......with a leased car, i would be driving like crazy every time i drive - and wouldn't worry about taking care of it.....but if you buy it, its like life, you never know when you wanna sell it....so since its yours, you gotta take care of it...
    Airshaq, hindi ba uso diyan sa states ang lease-end purchase of a leased car? Yung ibu-buy out mo siya at the end of contract lease. Parang makakamura ka ata pag ganoon.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by voltes_V
    Airshaq, hindi ba uso diyan sa states ang lease-end purchase of a leased car? Yung ibu-buy out mo siya at the end of contract lease. Parang makakamura ka ata pag ganoon.
    unfortunately not. kasi, may interest ka na sa lease term, tapos interest ulit pag inutang mo yung pambili at lease end (usually more than half of the value of the vehicle is still left after the lease expires). so doble interest ang bayad mo

What is your ride?