New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 156 of 214 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2132
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^

di ba ricey ang ganitong style? this is just an honest question ha? i'm just newbie about cars and on the process of learning what's ricey and what's not. nagugulohan kasi ako don sa thread na "what does rice mean".

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    di ba ricey ang ganitong style? this is just an honest question ha? i'm just newbie about cars and on the process of learning what's ricey and what's not. nagugulohan kasi ako don sa thread na "what does rice mean".
    hindi siya rice nuh, honda has two modify themes AFAIK it is MUGEN or TYPE-R,

eto MUGEN -Mugen Motorsports (M-TEC Co., Ltd) (無限) is a Japanese company formed in 1973 by Hirotoshi Honda, the son of Honda Motor Company founder Soichiro Honda, and Masao Kimura. Mugen, meaning "Without Limit", or "Unlimited", (hence the commonly placed word "Power" after, denoting "Unlimited Power") is an engine tuner and parts manufacturer closely associated with the Honda Motor Company. Despite the family connections, however, Mugen is not, and has never been, owned by Honda. Things were complicated for some time as Mugen was owned and run by Hirotoshi Honda, who has been the major shareholder in Honda since his father's death in 1991 (from wikipedia)

TYPE R -
    Honda automobile Type R models are special performance editions of their respective model families.
    The design of Type R models was originally focused on race conditions, with an emphasis on minimizing weight, and maximizing performance potential (e.g. engine tuning, suspension set-up). Thus, Type R models were first conceived for racetracks. However, due to Honda's increased focus on their highly regarded VTEC engines, the Type R was eventually designed for a much wider market.
    Type R vehicles traditionally have a red Honda badge and championship white paint as an option to relate to their first F1 winning car. Honda's racing and F1 cars often feature a Honda badge

gets? hindi siya rice, dahil related naman sa manufacturer yung aftermarket parts nya..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    hindi siya rice nuh, honda has two modify themes AFAIK it is MUGEN or TYPE-R,

eto MUGEN -Mugen Motorsports (M-TEC Co., Ltd) (無限) is a Japanese company formed in 1973 by Hirotoshi Honda, the son of Honda Motor Company founder Soichiro Honda, and Masao Kimura. Mugen, meaning "Without Limit", or "Unlimited", (hence the commonly placed word "Power" after, denoting "Unlimited Power") is an engine tuner and parts manufacturer closely associated with the Honda Motor Company. Despite the family connections, however, Mugen is not, and has never been, owned by Honda. Things were complicated for some time as Mugen was owned and run by Hirotoshi Honda, who has been the major shareholder in Honda since his father's death in 1991 (from wikipedia)

TYPE R -
    Honda automobile Type R models are special performance editions of their respective model families.
    The design of Type R models was originally focused on race conditions, with an emphasis on minimizing weight, and maximizing performance potential (e.g. engine tuning, suspension set-up). Thus, Type R models were first conceived for racetracks. However, due to Honda's increased focus on their highly regarded VTEC engines, the Type R was eventually designed for a much wider market.
    Type R vehicles traditionally have a red Honda badge and championship white paint as an option to relate to their first F1 winning car. Honda's racing and F1 cars often feature a Honda badge

gets? hindi siya rice, dahil related naman sa manufacturer yung aftermarket parts nya..
    ok. thanks dude! I know about the history of Mugen, etc. But in relation to other car manufacturers like mitsubishi, specifically, the galants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Galant):

The sixth generation was also the first to see the introduction of the VR-4 variant, which was the basis for Mitsubishi's participation in the 1988–1992 World Rally Championships. The Galant's 4G63 two litre DOHC turbocharged engine and 4WD transmission was later adopted for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution with little modification, and would remain in production for fifteen years.

A new Galant debuted in 1992 (model year 1994 in America), available as a four-door sedan and five-door liftback (sedan only in America). A Japan-only hardtop derivative called the Mitsubishi Emeraude was also launched in 1992. This generation marked a substantial change in suspension design. The front switched from struts to a multi-link structure featuring two lower arms and one upper arm. The rear switched from a beam axle to a newly designed multi-link system. Both designs would carry over to the second generation Mitsubishi Eclipse and its sister vehicles.
    Because the Lancer Evolution was now Mitsubishi's homologated rally car, the seventh generation VR-4 became a less overtly sporting vehicle, eschewing the old four-cylinder engine in favour of a smoother two litre V6 twin turbo. The four wheel drive transmission was retained.

The eighth-generation 1996 model continued the 1992 design themes but a station wagon (known in Japan as the Mitsubishi Legnum) was added while the liftback was removed from lineup. This model won the 1996–97 Car of the Year Japan award. Despite being superseded in the US from 2003, it remained on sale in other countries until 2006.

This model was also produced in Barcelona, Venezuela, at the only Mitsubishi plant in Latin America. At the beginning, the Galant was marketed in that country under the MX and MF names in 1997 and 1998 (Featuring a manual or INVECS-II semi-automatic transmission respectively), then kept the Galant name until the end of its production in 2006. Although the equipment options were limited, the VR-4 appearance package was offered in that market.

The American market Galant, introduced on July 7, 1998, graduated to the US Environmental Protection Agency‎'s mid-size class. The front suspension switched from double-wishbones to struts, though the rear was upgraded with a stabilizer bar standard on all but the base DE model. ES, LS and GTZ models were offered with a 195 hp (145 kW) V6 engine, the 6G72 3.0 L, mated to a standard 4-speed conventional auto. Another difference from Asian and European models was lack of ABS, which was only installed on 3.0 L model.
    Mitsubishi opted to further develop the technology in its range-topping VR-4, which was now powered by an enlarged 2.5 L V6 twin turbo. The car featured either a conventional 5-speed manual or INVECS-II transmission . Some models were also fitted with the same advanced active yaw control (AYC) as the Lancer Evolution, to give it greater agility than would be expected of such a large vehicle. Finally, as with the rest of the range, the VR-4 could now be had either as a Galant sedan or as a Legnum station wagon.
    In some Asian markets Mitsubishi offered a 2.0 L MIVEC version of the 6A12 naturally aspirated V6 engine, badged as the "Galant 2.0A". Output was placed at 200 hp (150 kW) and 147 lb·ft (199 N·m) of torque. The larger 2.5 L 6A13 was more common in the rest of the world.

- but when i posted some sporty-looking/customized/car show winner galants in the thread "what does rice mean", many of the ant-ricers call them ricey. IMHO, halos pareho lang naman yong honda mugen/type R/Sirs and mitsu galant may history sa racetrack and both have the performance/power. Depende kaya yon sa pagkagawa, sa body kits, OEM parts, paint jobs, etc. marami talagang factors to be considered, kaya nga sabi ko nagugulohan ako about what is ricey and what's not.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    A few pics of my rides taken at my house in Connecticut.

2008 bmw 328xi coupe and 2006 mb slk 55amg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p...328xi%20coupe/

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Madali lang naman malaman kung rice o hindi sir e... Ayon dito, http://www.riceboypage.com/index.html,

"Who/What Exactly Is a Rice-Boy?

Rice-Boy is a stereotype. The typical Rice-Boy can be identified by his car, or rather what he does to it. Generally, Rice-Boy will start out with a car that was not meant to go fast (typically a Honda Civic), and attempt to "fix it up," usually consisting of aftermarket rims, lowering springs and an aftermarket exhaust system with a large exhaust tip.

Most Rice-Boy cars (or "Rice Rockets") have the usual complement of stickers proudly displaying features that the car might or might not have, most notably, the Honda VTEC sticker from the later model Preludes, and the plaques from the later model Integras.

Rice-Boys do not exclusively drive Japanese cars. There are quite a few fake Mustang '5.0's and Camaro Z28's out there, as well as quite a few strange looking Neons.
    "

Well, base lang naman to sa isang website sa US kung saan nagsimula yung term. Since sa US nagsimula yung term, sa kanila natin kunin what they meant by it. Ngaon kasi, may sarili na tayong connotation what rice means... karamaihan sa atin will say that ricey car means "baduy" car.

Eto pa mga sample from FAQ page:

"What's wrong with wanting to make a car look good? - Nothing! As far as I can tell, there are three kinds of people who fix up their cars. There are the ones that care about performance and want to make their cars go fast/handle well. Then there are the ones that want to make their car look good. But there is a third group - those who try to make their car look fast.

You see, there is a difference between making a car look good and making a car look fast. Lowering a car and putting some nice rims on will enhance most cars' appearance. A car that has been lowered improperly that bounces down the street or leans to one side, though low, does not look better than stock. It just looks stupid. Putting on a giant sticker on the side of your car 99.9% of the time does not enhance your cars appearance.

But those who only want to make their cars look fast do so under the pretense of going for high-performance. They use performance to "justify" what they do to their cars. In actuality, they don't really care (or know anything about) performance and really just want to fit some image. These are the kind of people that bother me.

I drive this car, with these mods. Am I a rice-boy? - I get this question a lot. Someone will describe to me what kind of car they drive and what they have done to it to get an opinion from "the expert" on whether their car is rice or not rice.

Well, the truth is, only you really know. Ask yourself - Why am I doing these things to my car? To make it look good? To add performance? If your answer is the second one, then you have to really ask yourself honestly - Do I really care about performance? Or am I just trying to look cool? Are you doing what you do just because other people are doing it or say it is cool? Have you really done anything to your car that really adds performance? Do you know why and how your mods improve performance? Do you really?

Do you sincerely believe that your car has an additional 30 horsepower because the magazine ad for your exhaust claims an increase of 10 horsepower, your air filter 5 horsepower and your header 15 horsepower?

If so, you might be a rice-boy...

On the other hand, do you really fix up your car just to make it look good? (Remember, looking good and looking fast aren't the same thing...) Do you really care about performance? Is your car actually fast? Do you not care whether your car is or looks fast or not? Then you probably are not a rice-boy...

It is quite possible for two guys to have essentially the same cars with the same mods, and have one be a rice-boy and one not. The reason is that it doesn't have so much to do with the cars themselves as it does with the attitude of the people who own them.
    "

read on...
    Last edited by aries.domingo; March 13th, 2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: add info

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009

hhmm, kelan ko kaya mapapa-washover/repaint to, ala pa kasing budget e. guys, any suggestion kung saan yong reputable shop na affordable but can do good quality paint jobs? trip ko sana royal blue or yong pagka-blue ng costume ni superman. or do you know a one stop shop na sila na lahat ang gagawa from mecanical parts, underchassis to paint jobs, etc.? based on my experience kasi, nakakapagod mag-set up/restore ng medyo old car na e, 'coz the mechanics are just like doctors. kanya2Xng specialization. T.I.A.! the very reason why i love this car so much kasi pinaghirapan ko talaga syang i-restore, as in marami akong pnagawa after buying her, pinabayaan kasi ng previous owner and nabili ko lang at cheap price pero halos ganon din lang ang gastos if i bought a well-maintained car kahit medyo mahal. pero at least sulit naman ang effort ko kasi alam ko kung ano yong mga binili kong parts and kelan dapat palitan.
    go to reputable shops imo. shops that are known by others or was tested by yourself. mahirap maging guinea pig, malaki ang involved na pera. kung ako sayo, i'd rather spend much money on my paintjob and look good rather than spend less then it would look na mukhang madalian ang trabaho.

go to either patpaint or hotwheels or crossfive, these three are known to be good painters. yung quality ba, top notch.

nangaling ka na sa " cheap-way ", you've learned your lesson. so now, i guess, you wont go the same way again.

imo hindi. hindi naman siya OA like any other civic fd's out there ( check ricey thread ) ta's mas hindi pa siya ricey if its backed up with a modified engine ( IHE + unichip )

Quote Originally Posted by chaos0324 View Post
    Renzo, Thanks sa info. So bro ano tawag sa bumper ng red na fd?

mugen dominator bodykits ta's naka rota grid 1/2. how did i know kung rota or hindi, halata naman sa design. iba tayo ng orig compared sa rota grid kahit na ba may sticker yan na VOLK
    Last edited by renzo_d10; March 13th, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    for me, ok na to, ang ganda nga eh, indeed, beauty depends upon the eye of the beholder.

wow! thank you so much sir!
    really appreciate it...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ mam sa avatar niyo naka neon lights kayo ?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    go to reputable shops imo. shops that are known by others or was tested by yourself. mahirap maging guinea pig, malaki ang involved na pera. kung ako sayo, i'd rather spend much money on my paintjob and look good rather than spend less then it would look na mukhang madalian ang trabaho.

go to either patpaint or hotwheels or crossfive, these three are known to be good painters. yung quality ba, top notch.

nangaling ka na sa " cheap-way ", you've learned your lesson. so now, i guess, you wont go the same way again.
    thanks dude!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010

hhmm, kelan ko kaya mapapa-washover/repaint to, ala pa kasing budget e. guys, any suggestion kung saan yong reputable shop na affordable but can do good quality paint jobs? trip ko sana royal blue or yong pagka-blue ng costume ni superman. or do you know a one stop shop na sila na lahat ang gagawa from mecanical parts, underchassis to paint jobs, etc.? based on my experience kasi, nakakapagod mag-set up/restore ng medyo old car na e, 'coz the mechanics are just like doctors. kanya2Xng specialization. T.I.A.! the very reason why i love this car so much kasi pinaghirapan ko talaga syang i-restore, as in marami akong pnagawa after buying her, pinabayaan kasi ng previous owner and nabili ko lang at cheap price pero halos ganon din lang ang gastos if i bought a well-maintained car kahit medyo mahal. pero at least sulit naman ang effort ko kasi alam ko kung ano yong mga binili kong parts and kelan dapat palitan.

sir try looking this thread... gaganda ng gawa niya, kilala siya HCP...

http://s3.zetaboards.com/HCP/topic/418151/1/

What is your ride?