New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ganda nung upuan kuya max! parang magandang palitan yung mags nyan..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice nissan!!!!!!!!!! hows the gas consumption?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    wheels will be much later (or never )

i drove it home from the dealer about 40 miles straight, no ac, and pull 28mpg! it even peaked 32mpg during the drive. now city short drives with cargo and ac most of the time 12.7mpg.

cleaned and conditioned the leather one night and nearly took 2 hours with matching back pain. more detailing to go such as the ceiling marks and plastic shine removal. paint is in bad shape and will get an estimate too.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The Nissan Quest is a good family minivan.... It has been in the US market for a while now.... I remember driving my friend's Quest in the early 2000s(?).... Good value for money....

9303:grin2:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thats nice! im getting only 20MPG on my VQ40 on highways and 14 on city and short drives

Quote Originally Posted by MXFX View Post
    wheels will be much later (or never )

i drove it home from the dealer about 40 miles straight, no ac, and pull 28mpg! it even peaked 32mpg during the drive. now city short drives with cargo and ac most of the time 12.7mpg.

cleaned and conditioned the leather one night and nearly took 2 hours with matching back pain. more detailing to go such as the ceiling marks and plastic shine removal. paint is in bad shape and will get an estimate too.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    my fx does 11 city 18 fwy the way i drive it. always fun though

this van pulls like my 95 maxima and feels heavy like the qx56 i borrowed one time. though no exhaust note, there is a nice hum on the engine.

looks like i have something to look into that may turn out to be major - rust. somehow, the seat rails and other interior (unpainted) metal are rusted. i did check history on carfax and autocheck and both came out clean. everything else seem original and clean. the engine bay looks original as well. the fact that there is a tow hitch tells me the previous owner own a small boat and may have this van parked next to the waters a lot. i guess, the red leather made it harder to see the rust when wife and i inspected the van.

im getting my body shop check this and also looking into any rust treatment products i can use. anyone with experience or expertise on this, feel free to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by fierari View Post
    Thats nice! im getting only 20MPG on my VQ40 on highways and 14 on city and short drives

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    after a little planning and deciding to use a ladder, i finally cleaned this big thing. for the first time, i used optimum no rinse mixed with klasse aio and was pleased with the outcome even if the paint is dull and scratched up. now im thinking of learning how to paint and fix scratches and using an orbital polisher. i changed my mind about to repaint after i cleaned it:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    family and i just moved to a house for the first time and this van came in very handy. we used the quest to load things we like to move ourselves. also, i used the quest for the last remaining items in the apartment. on one trip, i got 5 dining chairs, a utility cart, small items in bags, and i think a mountain bike with one of the middle captain chairs and rear seats folded down. also, this is too big for me to maintain along with the other cars, so i give up on cleaning it myself.

the quest is in the shop now getting 60k service. wish that was it but i was informed the later on, it needs new bushings on the control arm and a front engine mount. problem with the bushing is that nissan sells the entire control arm only. the arms cost an arm, and the labor costs a leg . the mount and control arms will cost about 1K altogether. ill consider buying the bushing instead (aftermarket only), though cheap, but labor may cost more.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I love how the old Quest look like. Almost bought one back in 2005 but my wife told me to stick with our van.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The Quest for our Family Ride is Over!