New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005

needs a few fixes. "lv" leather... . more later.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MXFX View Post

needs a few fixes. "lv" leather... . more later.
    Nissan logo...

end of your Quest...

Nope... I don't get it.

Yeah, right... congrats!

Red leather? Posh. How many miles on it, and how much?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks. yes, the quest is over. last night, wife and i took home a 2005 Nissan Quest SL. these were dealer ad pics:

vq, 5 spd auto, adjustable pedals, hard to find red leather, bose, dvd, power door and hatch, backup sonar, etc. nearly 60k miles and we got it below trade in value. my wife is comfy since we know ahead the fixes needed soon as we get it.

elvie is in the shop now getting new tires, brake service, and a few other basic things. drives well so far, just longer than what i expected . next, possible wiring or bose amp fix.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Damn... a sea of red leather... sure they didn't accidentally deliver a seven seat 350Z to you?

Which car does this one replace?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Nice Max! Just in time for Valentines Day

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i guess since it has a vq, i can claim a seven seater Z . some of my fx mods might fit this (i have an extra intake somewhere). it doesnt replace any car, though the yaris has to be sold asap and i lowered the price to sell. now the quest is our family car, not the fx.

yes french, a valentine thingy for my family. i told my wife im done with her valentine, anniv, bday, etc. all of them naturally rejected.

still waiting for shop to call me, finishing with tires. next, extra key (dealer offered me free programming) and audio fix. hope i can finish everything by end of this week before i go back to work.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Now why can't I get a Valentine's gift like that? Maybe I should ask my wife...

Now the FX can be preserved as your personal toy, I suppose?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    the fx will be my daily car once the yaris is sold. though im looking ahead and may consider selling if and only if i do not use it that much anymore. if so, i plan to get a used g35, m45 (v8), or q45 (v8 and gattling gun hid).

i went for a slightly wider hankook optimo h727 and what a difference it made vs generic tires. very smooth and quiet. also got a pair of keys via dealership after waiving programming costs of about $115.

dealership did a quick check on the sound system and they think that the bose amp is dead ($500+ if new). an audio repair shop thinks the amp is ok since faint sound is present, and the problem maybe on the stereo instead. ill find out tomorrow. i might consider aftermarket if cost will be about the same and if it works without much modifications. next, interior detail and disinfection .

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    nice auto... the interior goes with the exterior details.... unique....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks. been to 4 shops so far and it got compliments on the interior everytime. even some nissan staff didnt know the red/black interior on the quest.

the quest now has sounds . i finally found a shop that repairs stereo and the guy was straightforward with the possibilities and the cost (not cheap) to fix it. after taking apart most of the dash panel, trying out the bose amp and stereo, it turns out the pc board on the stereo had corrosion on a small corner. a little cleaning and replacing a resistor and about 3.5 hours later, the volume started working. what a relief. one more thing to go, fix the stuck button on the dvd player or try with a remote.

so far so good. this thing can do easy 50mph on the city streets and 80mph on the freeway. if my fx is a g35 with a backpack, the quest is a maxima with a "backcave" .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The Quest for our Family Ride is Over!