New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Apparently winning third place in a time-attack bracket in Circuit Showdown gets you in the papers. I got a mention at the bottom of column 2.

Philippine Daily Inquirer, October 14, 2012

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... Cool!

NA on a 1.3... Man, I know guys who went hog wild on that route... Down to cams and tuning. I went that way once. And while it IS nice to see your once puny motor whirring like a well oiled little wildcat, you're still going to be left for dead down tge main straights.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I figured I should post a couple static photos to better show the SSR Type M wheels.

This is perhaps the final set of wheels I'm getting for Aibo. The black finish translates to low maintenance and no fear of excess brake dust, and you just can't argue with an 11-pound wheel. Getting the set for 1/6 the price of genuine 15" Volk TE37s sealed the deal.

Black Kyo-Ei 17mm hex lugnuts complete what little practical aesthetic gain the car has.

Still the same old ride height and yawning front fender gap hahaha :D

The Michelins look loads better than the 55-aspect Kumho SPTs, though. With such tall sidewalls Aibo looks like an angry shrunken Innova.

I'm looking for a rear wing; my OE unit is actually busted up at one side and has been anchored by duct tape for two years.
    Last edited by Type 100; October 18th, 2012 at 10:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Aeromod. Hehe... Put an extended spoiler to reduce drag for a little more top speed. Then put covers over the rear wheel wells for a little more.

Might gain you about... five? kmh down the main straight.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I figured I should post a couple static photos to better show the SSR Type M wheels.

This is perhaps the final set of wheels I'm getting for Aibo. The black finish translates to low maintenance and no fear of excess brake dust, and you just can't argue with an 11-pound wheel. Getting the set for 1/6 the price of genuine 15" Volk TE37s sealed the deal.

Black Kyo-Ei 17mm hex lugnuts complete what little practical aesthetic gain the car has.

Still the same old ride height and yawning front fender gap hahaha :D

The Michelins look loads better than the 55-aspect Kumho SPTs, though. With such tall sidewalls Aibo looks like an angry shrunken Innova.

I'm looking for a rear wing; my OE unit is actually busted up at one side and has been anchored by duct tape for two years.
    ganda. sa angeles ba yan sir?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by millean View Post
    ganda. sa angeles ba yan sir?
    Thanks. The final photo with the dark gray wheels is from Batangas Racing Circuit in Rosario, but the rest are from Clark International Speedway in Angeles.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This is pretty much the only remaining photo I found of the daily driver I had before Aibo. Ahh, those were the days.

I was still a college student trying to pay for his own fuel bill back then...and unfortunately I wasn't able to spend as much on this car as I wanted, both on maintenance and on modifications. The farthest I went was equipping it with Bridgestone Turanza GR-80s.

Still an excellent car to drive and own. Learning how to park and perform low-speed maneuvers is a doddle on an SX8 City.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    A few photos from my two-year hiatus.

Went to Laiya in Batangas, as well as Morong and Subic in Bataan last March.

Check out the odometer.
    Last edited by Type 100; November 3rd, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I wrenched the Recaro SRDs out of the car one hot summer day because I wanted to clean them. The Alcantara material on the seat bolsters attracted the lint from my shifting elbow, some dirt along the seat belts, and dust bunnies from the pants legs of both driver and passenger.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to show just how different they were from the stock seats...thanks to a couple bottles of San Mig Light.

The SRDs use Alcantara material on about 80% of the seat. Following the suggested care instructions of the makers of the material, I made a solution of one part Woolite and four parts water and put it into a bottle that used to house quick detailer spray. I then sprayed the solution, manually massaged it into the seat, then used a wet shop vacuum cleaner on the seats and air-dried them away from direct sunlight.

Last edited by Type 100; November 3rd, 2012 at 01:23 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This is how I manage to shoot onboard video in the Jazz.

Panasonic Lumix LX5 + neck lanyard + Joby Gorillapod SLR Zoom + Recaro SRD headrest = "poor man's GoPro" onboard video rig.

It's worked amazingly well so far. That Gorillapod is just so robust and so solid.
    Last edited by Type 100; November 9th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Project "Hyaku Shiki Hamster": My 2005 GD1 Honda Jazz 1.3S