New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    The two rounds of Circuit Showdown I went to in 2012 both took place on Clark International Speedway. Round 4 in June used the West short track; Round 8 used the full course.

You can compare the Kumho Ecsta SPTs vs. the Michelin Pilot Sport 3s around the common corners -- Turns 6 to 15, the ones used for the short track -- in the two videos below. Turn 6 is the one with the large acacia tree.

Circuit Showdown R4, on the Kumho Ecsta SPTs

Circuit Showdown R8, on the Michelin Pilot Sport 3s
    how much is it to play drive around CIS?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    how much is it to play drive around CIS?
    If you go with Circuit Showdown, it's PhP3,000 for either Time Attack or Grid (wheel-to-wheel racing); if you want to join both it's PhP4,500.

You usually also rent tents or paddock space as it's hot out there. One tent can take two cars and is PhP1,500 apiece.

More snaps from a friend who serves as unofficial photographer for Circuit Showdown.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    If you go with Circuit Showdown, it's PhP3,000 for either Time Attack or Grid (wheel-to-wheel racing); if you want to join both it's PhP4,500.

You usually also rent tents or paddock space as it's hot out there. One tent can take two cars and is PhP1,500 apiece.

More snaps from a friend who serves as unofficial photographer for Circuit Showdown.

Thanks. I think I need atleast 10K to burn, to enjoy... hehehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    basti08, if I remember correctly, 2.5k/car sa BRC naman for the whole day. you just have to bring your own gear though, usually helmet lang naman required nila

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Thanks. I think I need atleast 10K to burn, to enjoy... hehehe
    10K is good for two rounds, if you factor in the cost of tent rental and some expense for food.

If you can split the tent rental with a buddy and just go for Time Attack, attending one of Circuit Showdown's eight rounds per year will set you back PhP3750. At each round, the track is open in the morning for more than two hours of open practice - but you do have to get there early.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    basti08, if I remember correctly, 2.5k/car sa BRC naman for the whole day. you just have to bring your own gear though, usually helmet lang naman required nila
    whole day? 2.5K lang??? sabagay pag whole day siguro mga 2.5K din gasoline expense ko, plus all the add ons pa. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Man, wish I was still single and had the budget to do that.

Have to be content with simply going to the track to work...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    What I wish Aibo had under his hood:

Custom intake manifold + velocity stack + exhaust + E-manage = 100 WHP and zero boost. Of course, it's also a totally different engine as it's an L15A1 and not my L13A3.

This car belongs to Luigi, a friend of mine. It looks like he and I are the only remaining people brave enough to run GD Jazzes around racetracks nowadays.
    Last edited by Type 100; October 16th, 2012 at 11:19 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The GD boys have moved on. But I'd hit it, still. The GD is a good track toy, despite the rear torsion beam.

100 whp on whose dyno? What was stock? That looks like a helluva lot of work for what seems like 15 whp... unless the stock dyno was 75 whp, then holy crow, that's good.

With a custom mani, he should also now go for racing cams.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The GD boys have moved on. But I'd hit it, still. The GD is a good track toy, despite the rear torsion beam.

100 whp on whose dyno? What was stock? That looks like a helluva lot of work for what seems like 15 whp... unless the stock dyno was 75 whp, then holy crow, that's good.

With a custom mani, he should also now go for racing cams.
    100 WHP on AutoPlus' DynoJet chassis dyno, I'm told. He runs the stock box for now, but even so it still makes just a smidge under 100.

Unlike the older D-series that it replaced in Honda's engine hierarchy, I'm afraid there just isn't much NA grunt you can pull out of an L-series mill. Not much aftermarket support apart from the requisite bolt-ons either; a custom intake manifold is just about as exotic as they come. A racing camshaft for an L-series motor...I wish! That'd have to be a completely custom piece, from what I know of GD mods.

Oddly enough, all these years later I am now actually getting tempted to pull out what little hidden power I can from Aibo's heart via the NA route. After four years of trackdays, I know exactly what can be mechanically improved on the GD Jazz: stiffer front springs and more grunt. In my book, that's it, unless you're willing to sacrifice utility by throwing out the rear seats and installing cross-bars all over the inside.

Oh, and make sure it has a manual gearbox.

Project "Hyaku Shiki Hamster": My 2005 GD1 Honda Jazz 1.3S