New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hi carlo, yup I think it's leaps ahead of the 206CC in terms of styling and technology. With the older model the roof wasn't fully automatic. You'd have to release some latches somewhere in car (I think in the boot). The engine is the same as the 1.6L naturally aspirated four-banger used in the MINI Cooper, while the transmission was co-developed with Porsche. That means if the time comes to have any of those two components repaired and the warranty has lapsed, I'll have to pay an arm and a leg. Hehehe.

The only thing I don't fancy about the car is the interior. It looks okay, feels upmarket, but it's kinda dated for me, especially compared to the interior of the 308. But the CC variant of the 308 won't be available until Q4 of this year I think, so I guess I'm just gonna have to make my peace with that.

Thanks for dropping by!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    what!? an arm and leg? nako na curious na talaga ako gano kamahal mag maintain ng peugeot cars. pero just what like the others already said. nice ride nga. exotic dating base from the side view. siguro if it was really lower than 1m dito i think marami ring mag gaganyan dito

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hi Burai, I'm just thinking it'd be expensive to maintain the powertrain (if it does break down) because the engine is from BMW while the tranny is from Porsche. I hope they don't break down LOL. I'll observe na rin, kasi kung sirain, I'll get rid of it before the warranty expires. Or ship it to Manila to display in the garage LOL.

Naku, overpriced nga sa atin. Dito na very minimal ang tax, umabot din ng 1M ang converted price. So baka sa atin eh dagdagan nila ng daan daang libo, say maging 1.5M. That's what they did to the 206CC, and it was just too expensive for just a cutesy boulevardier. Tapos sasabihan ka pa ng pambabae auto mo. :-D
    Last edited by picantorange; April 20th, 2009 at 04:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
My tiny French convertible - Peugeot 207CC