The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice mods on your N16.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    how much po score nio sir sa plug and play na projector? san na ren po pala ung shop. thanks!
    Eto po chief: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=55

Yan po ay self-scouting lang at antayan, pero makakamenos din po kayo kahit paano. Ako lang din po nagkabit, pero if you want someone to fit it for you, I highly recommend Abay's Repair Shop in Evangelista, mga 1-2K lang ang singil niya para ikabit kasama na ang electrical.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Nice mods on your N16.
    Thanks Sir GH! May Sentra din po kayo di ba? Musta po yung inyo?
    Last edited by batang_raon14; July 10th, 2009 at 01:03 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    11K is not bad at all..may angel eyes effect na ren pala yun! Sweet!
    thanks for the replies!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Thanks Sir GH! May Sentra din po kayo di ba? Musta po yung inyo?
    It's basically done. Most of the mods are performance oriented so not much to see except for the carbon hood and trunk.

"Done" depends if I want to go racing in it, I might upgrade the brakes to bigger rotors at the front. Otherwise, for my usual spirited driving, its about perfect.

Twice, I went driving through some mountain roads in Tanay,Rizal some weeks ago. and it performed to expectation. The car experienced some traction fade after half an hour of hard driving through nearly continuous curves but that was to be expected.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    It's basically done. Most of the mods are performance oriented so not much to see except for the carbon hood and trunk.

"Done" depends if I want to go racing in it, I might upgrade the brakes to bigger rotors at the front. Otherwise, for my usual spirited driving, its about perfect.

Twice, I went driving through some mountain roads in Tanay,Rizal some weeks ago. and it performed to expectation. The car experienced some traction fade after half an hour of hard driving through nearly continuous curves but that was to be expected.
    Sweet! Wala naman po ba kayong issues pag sinasabak sa baha with all the performance mods?

Speaking of brakes, I'm eyeing the brembo rotors that Mayo Parts is selling din - bitin kasi talaga yung sa Sentra pag napreno kasi not to mention na drum brakes pa yung sa rear (unlike sa GS).

It appears the mods are all worth it, kasi I frequent the Talisay-Laurel Road in Batangas, and mga 20 minutes pa lang sablay na yung traction eh, and kailangan ko na magcompensate by braking early din when approaching the curves. Still though, it's a sweet ride, cheap to maintain and pretty much delivers.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sweet! Wala naman po ba kayong issues pag sinasabak sa baha with all the performance mods?
    Not really as long as the flood isn't that deep. Due to my track-rated springs, it's not that low (as compared to my other car). The sentra has better clearance than my corolla.

Speaking of brakes, I'm eyeing the brembo rotors that Mayo Parts is selling din - bitin kasi talaga yung sa Sentra pag napreno kasi not to mention na drum brakes pa yung sa rear (unlike sa GS).
    go for it if you have the budget. My sentra has brakes from a bluebird so it's already bigger than stock. Even then, I need bigger calipers to make better use of them.

It appears the mods are all worth it, kasi I frequent the Talisay-Laurel Road in Batangas, and mga 20 minutes pa lang sablay na yung traction eh, and kailangan ko na magcompensate by braking early din when approaching the curves. Still though, it's a sweet ride, cheap to maintain and pretty much delivers.
    Maybe its your tires that is giving out on you? In my Tanay-Rizal drives, I was holding back from using too much on the brakes so I was using my engine to control my speed through the curves and use the brakes only when needed. When my tires are starting to slip, I just adjusted my corner entry speed to around 10kph slower than "normal".

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Not really as long as the flood isn't that deep. Due to my track-rated springs, it's not that low (as compared to my other car). The sentra has better clearance than my corolla.

Maybe its your tires that is giving out on you? In my Tanay-Rizal drives, I was holding back from using too much on the brakes so I was using my engine to control my speed through the curves and use the brakes only when needed. When my tires are starting to slip, I just adjusted my corner entry speed to around 10kph slower than "normal".
    Yeah, the Sentra's real high in terms of ground clearance at stock. As for the tires, I'm not pretty sure Sir, I'm on Maxxis set at 215's front and rear.

When braking on the straights I don't hear screeches, yun nga lang it gets harder and harder to brake as the time I dance with the curves lengthens. Is it possible that the braking distance as the bigger-sized tire wears increases?

But I'll check, di ko rin kasi gaano ma-utilize ang engine braking gawa ng matic, I'm stuck with the O/D off function for keeping the speed coz it nearly redlines most of the time when I'm downshifting it further to '2'.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, the Sentra's real high in terms of ground clearance at stock. As for the tires, I'm not pretty sure Sir, I'm on Maxxis set at 215's front and rear.
    For my sentra, I could have fixed the height by moving the spring perches on the shocks. The perches were welded in for a difference set of springs which rode lower. But since the springs were too soft (front bottoms out), I had to replace them with a stiffer set. When I had the new springs installed, I didn't anymore move the perches.

When braking on the straights I don't hear screeches, yun nga lang it gets harder and harder to brake as the time I dance with the curves lengthens. Is it possible that the braking distance as the bigger-sized tire wears increases?
    It is also possible your brake pads are overheating causing the increased brake distance. Are your pads upgraded or stock spec? I am using Bendix Metal-Kings for better bite and better heat resistance (compared to stock).

But I'll check, di ko rin kasi gaano ma-utilize ang engine braking gawa ng matic, I'm stuck with the O/D off function for keeping the speed coz it nearly redlines most of the time when I'm downshifting it further to '2'.
    When I used to abuse my Corolla (automatic tranny), I downshift the tranny to get some degree of engine braking. Of course it will shorten the tranny's life. Fact is, I have already replaced my corolla's tranny.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008

But I'll check, di ko rin kasi gaano ma-utilize ang engine braking ilagawa ng matic, I'm stuck with the O/D off function for keeping the speed coz it nearly redlines most of the time when I'm downshifting it further to '2'.

sir, gusto ko ang mags/tires mo.
    ano size/brand nila?thanks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
My on-going project - the N16