New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    not a big honda fan but i have to say that this one's a finely built project car.

Good Job :thumbup:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    nice car!cool dad!!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks guys, keep them coming. I'll send this link to my dad soon ;)

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Sayang, we didn't have a chance to hook up when you were here... I'd have loved to time your dad's car.
    I'm sure I'd also love to time it too, multiple times pa para average... (of course we know the real reason for getting multiple times)!

You're right about the CAI I also think it's not as efficient as the standard airbox. He even plumbed the CAI into a hole in the front right fender so it goes down and out the front bumper holes (he cut off the bumper vents to get some more air). Of course when it starts raining heavily he switches back to the shorter version to prevent water getting in. But as it stands right now I'm not complaining a single bit about its punch! He also kept all original items with him. Even the original seats, hood, sidemirrors, B16 head, etc...all stored at home.

*Memphis, I think he used to have Arias pistons (domed) to get higher compression. I asked him before why he didn't want to go turbo and he said iba ang feel ng all-motor engine. Besides he already installed the higher compression pistons so he cannot risk having the turbo. He always uses Petron Blaze btw sometimes Shell V-Power/Velocity but likes the Blaze better.

From my experience I can go 0-60kph in 1st, up to 100 in 2nd, and 140 in 3rd...then the road becomes too short what an expensive adrenaline rush but it's worth it each time! I never even have to use 4th or 5th gear anymore unless sobrang cruise lang ako pero.

Of course when I bring my wife with me I have to be careful kasi it gets so torquey at high rpm's that her head bumps the seats so much it gets irritating pero sometimes I cannot help it kasi that's how the ACT clutch is sobrang grabby siya. Pero natuto na rin ako sometimes I even go for 2nd gear starts na kasi masyado maalog yung first. He was planning on getting an LSD pero masyado na mahal.

By the way if anybody knows Morris sa Novaliches, that's where he takes this car when he does some stuff to it. The Honda dealer he frequents cannot even maintain this car anymore dahil out of their specs na, except maybe oil changes and such.

The best part is when he gets the cars cleaned. Always a thorough cleaning with engine, body, interior and underbody wash. Sobrang linis ang ilalim nito parang bago. When he had motor mounts installed (due to that ACT clutch that ruined one mount) I came by and the mechanic didn't even have to wear gloves kasi malinis na ang ilalim. I should have taken a pic of it when I had the chance to! He even has all four wheels removed and cleaned individually...

His addiction is stickers. Now he has "OBD-I" on the trunklid. Funny as hell but only enthusiasts would laugh

Attached is the custom Type-R grille. Wala kang makikitang ganyan kahit saan there's this "Type-R" cover for the dashboard clock of the Civic so he cut off the "Type R" part and screwed it into the grille mesh, which I think he also got somewhere else. Nice di ba?
    Last edited by mbeige; August 16th, 2007 at 07:45 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK....stickers makes the car run faster than any other mods....hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Kudos! One heck of a car. :drool: sana ganyan din ang papsy ko. di lang pang track ito pang concours pa!

ever thought of entering this baby in car show?
    Last edited by ian_rex; August 16th, 2007 at 11:27 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    just now.

i wish my dad has the same hobby..
    deym! that's one HELL of a Ride.

vroooommm!!!

nice ride <----

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    nice car and cool dad. i like sir but the manila road is becoming a swimming pool, unting ulan baha na, and even the road to province is also becoming submerge and muddy thats why i fore go buying a car and instead opted a suv. but how i wish i owned a sir

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hahaha... I've got to get one of those OBD-I stickers... those OBD-II loser can suck my exhaust!

Oh well... maybe next time, mbeige... pasensiya na... with business the way it is and my starting my MBA this year, I haven't had much unscheduled time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice mods!

Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Attached is the custom Type-R grille. Wala kang makikitang ganyan kahit saan there's this "Type-R" cover for the dashboard clock of the Civic so he cut off the "Type R" part and screwed it into the grille mesh, which I think he also got somewhere else. Nice di ba?
    upgrade the screw to allen screw for additional hp.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hahaha... I've got to get one of those OBD-I stickers... those OBD-II loser can suck my exhaust!

Oh well... maybe next time, mbeige... pasensiya na... with business the way it is and my starting my MBA this year, I haven't had much unscheduled time.

We'll see, I think he's planning on selling it kaya when I was there I drove it like I stole it kasi baka last time ko na i-drive yon.

*Baiskee: Allen screws aren't as aerodynamic as the current ones

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
My dad's toy - '99 SiR