New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Niky, oo nga eh sayang, pero it was worth the two months I was there with my wife naman. Looks like it's back to Neovas this time, we'll see! He has the Jazz now for daily use kung tinamad siya mag-clutch, since nakakapagod i-drive yung SiR when in traffic (ACT clutch plus stop and go traffic).

Dr. Kamiya, exactly what some of my other friends say! Baliktad dapat di ba? After riding with us throughout the entire road trips to San Francisco with both MB's, he's now bugging me to get a 300CE. The Civic isn't really hard to drive, but it is definitely more involved than the Jazz. I can take the Jazz with just one hand as long as it's in drive but the Civic is, of course, more "fun" and I don't drive it at its limit compared to the Jazz with its weaker engine. Besides, having a Civic here in the US in that configuration is definitely a target for cops and thieves. I don't want to have a problem with both sides of the law!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... I wonder how hard my life will be... I've got an ACT clutch now, too... and I might find out how much my car makes, soon. Have your dad ring me up... hahaha... I need a strong car to gauge against... I'd gauge it against the cars at the shop, but they're all turbo... no way can I take those on... :hysterical: ...it'd be interesting to see what numbers his car can put up.

300CE? Sounds nice... my grandpa once had a 300D... really nice car to tootle around in... and it could hit over 100 mph, no issues, rock-stable... not bad for a 20+ year old diesel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hey Niky, check your PM Sounds like a fun idea!

I have a 300D and it's gone 110mph already. Where can you do 110mph and still do 22MPG

Maybe I'll tell my father to also bring along his friend Benjie, he has an SiR and a Ford Lynx too I believe!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Father tells me the person who bought the SiR had it dyno'd and the result was 176 wheel horsepower. How much crank HP is that?

That's why he misses it a lot...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on where he dyno'd... that's typically 196-206 hp...

That's a lot of frickin' power.

Sayang, benta na? I thought it was his baby!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Father tells me the person who bought the SiR had it dyno'd and the result was 176 wheel horsepower. How much crank HP is that?

That's why he misses it a lot...
    WHP is typically 15-20% lower than crank HP accounting for drivetrain loss.
    That said, could be as high as 220 HP at the crank

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    WHP is usually 15-20% down from the crank due to drivetrain losses.
    That said the car could have made as much as 220 from the crank :D

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Ekis na yung photos sa page 1.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yah nabenta na eh. I told him, once he migrates over with us to get a 500E, or a 2.3-16. It may not accelerate as fast as the Civic which is very light but he fell in love with the W124 coupe so I'm sure a fast one along that generation of cars (w124/w201) should do the trick :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Civic SiR is definitely a keeper . . .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
My dad's toy - '99 SiR