New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ooh, free bump

Thanks guys. The ACT clutch has worn in already so it's already smoother, but still just as grabby. Yep those are Rotas.

I took newer pics, here's two of them. Nothing much new, except more pics of its nicer parts. About the Tokico's, my father said if he had known how good the Bilsteins were, that's what he would have gotten instead.

Can't guesstimate its current power but if the stock 160hp went to 100kph in around 7 seconds at its fastest, this thing can easily go 100 in 7 seconds without even trying. That's pretty much my last timed run (not drag, we don't do drag racing - just havin' fun).

By the way can anybody recommend tires for this thing? It currently has Advan Neovas (205/50/R16 87V) but they're already worn out. I'll advise my father of your suggestions. The Neovas are great tires when it's dry but once it's wet it gets slippery especially with that ACT clutch. Getting into the garage with its pebbled floor can be fun when it's raining

I forgot pics of the engine bay! Pardon the color-coding scheme, medyo nantrip father ko when he decided that...
    Last edited by mbeige; April 6th, 2008 at 12:29 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    astig erpats mo ha Mbeige! hehe, hip na hip! lolz!

but as for the Tires, I would have him try Falken Azenis or Dunlop Direzza. and Im sure they are available in the PI as well.

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks bro!

He used to have the Falken Azenis before, I'll look into the Dunlops instead. The Jazz has Dunlops but they're noisy (it doesn't help they're 17's too haha).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Putukin ang Dunlop eh. Malambot lang talaga ang timpla ng rubber nila.

All the Dunlop users I know on HCP say the same thing: if you hit a rut particularly hard they will either grow blisters or lumps, or succumb to the damage. They've improved over the years but they're still not in the same league as the other tire makers in terms of rut resilience.

+1 na lang ako sa Falken bro. Their Azenis or ZIEX will do nicely. HTHs.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Really? We've never had problems with the ones in the Jazz. Thanks for the heads up, I'll tell my father about this.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Neovas are still okay in the wet if they're not worn.

The new Bridgestone RE050As (probably a half-step down in performance from the Neovas) are red-hot tires, but they're also reportedly just "okay" in the wet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Neovas are still okay in the wet if they're not worn.

The new Bridgestone RE050As (probably a half-step down in performance from the Neovas) are red-hot tires, but they're also reportedly just "okay" in the wet.

try Bridgestone RE001 Adrenaline (semi-sleek) tires.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Are the Advan Neovas semi-slick tires?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They're close to R-comps in terms of grip... though the Federal RS 595s are supposed to be stickier. A lot of tracksters still prefer the Neovas over the RS595s or even the Falken Azenis RT615s (which are supposed to be the top of the totem pole for street-legal racing) because of the better thermal stability.

I'd stick with the Neovas... but it might be a good idea to go down to a lower-spec tire for daily use.

OT: sayang you had to leave already... lots of track events coming up this summer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It is three different kinds of awesome how you have the mature, grown-up rides and your dad has this beast of a civic. Props!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
My dad's toy - '99 SiR