New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Truck is too loud inside with lots of resonance, my daughter was complaining and I lost low end torque. I now have to put back the stock exhaust if I don't want permanent hearing damage from the muffler. I guess I'll just have the Y pipe fixed and have the muffler installed in the Magnum, with it's large resonator after the muffler the resonance inside shouldn't be that bad.
    sayang. I s there somewhere we can order that Y pipe?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The Y pipe is available at all muffler shops or you can have them custom made at the shop.

Some how the video is nothing like what it is inside when driving. The deep sound is fine except the drone just gets to be too much inside, when the rpm goes above 3000 the variable valve kicks in it sounds like an open exhaust at that point. So I basically threw out $300 for the custom set up I will save the pipes and maybe if I find a resonator that will fit I can use the set up again. It really needs a second muffler or resonator to make it quieter and maybe give me back my low end torque. Well mods cost money so I guess I just have to live with it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hows your seats? i have only 5500km and its starting to get ugly might claim warranty on the next service
    Last edited by fierari; November 26th, 2009 at 11:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My seats are good, I've had Cover King leatherette seat covers since about a month after buying the truck. I later found out that the materials used on the non-OR/NISMO models wear out real fast. I know some guys in the US had it replaced under warranty but most buy covers to prevent the problem.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    where did you order coverking? how much? do you have a pic? gusto ko sana neoprene baka kasi masyado malamig ang leather sa winter :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you have Costco in your area you can get it from there or just go to their website and look for an authorized dealer in your area or in Canada you can order from online. I bought mine from one of their authorized dealer online but can't recall the name. It was $200 for the front and the same for the back if I recall correctly.

BTW I'm back to stock on the muffler and have the low end torque back, also started gaining my mpg back since I lost about 1.1mpg with the muffler.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why did it have to be so darn expensive :D kung kasukat lang sana yung likod sa navarra sana nakabili sa pinas :D

so whats next on your mod list? naka pag decide ka na ba mag move sa calgary? 4 inches ang snow ngayon may snow storm sarado mga highway :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We are still doing all the requirements for the move and if the govt still wants to move me there then I go. But mt wife and I have put a deadline on when this can happen and if still has not happened by that time we will be looking at other options. Believe me if it was our choice we would already be there 6 months ago but the process I am on takes some time because of the requirements that need to be done.

Laying off the X for now and will be modding the Magnum, I have some parts I ordered and should be getting here in the next few weeks. I am looking for rims but all the have are 20's and those only look good but make no real sense to me, so I am looking for 17's or 18's at the most to try and keep it light. Besides the only 20's I like are the Viper wheels and the AR Torque Trust but they are out of my budget.
    Last edited by redorange; December 5th, 2009 at 08:22 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    presenting the God of all Xterra's

V8 sweeet!!!!!!!!!

i hope someday mine looks like that :D

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Isn't that project X with the Titan V8, M205 and Atlas transfer case, front and rear lockers?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
My 2005 Xterra 4x4