New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Yup, taking the Xterra and the Magnum for my move. Although I have to pay for moving one of the vehicles because I am only allowed one vehicle under my orders but that's okay. The Magnum is coming back home to Canada since it was built in Bramerton, Ontario. Hehehe Still don't know much about when we will actually get there since I am still completing the requirements. I do know that my vehicles are excempted from the RIV program, so that's one less thing to worry about.

What neighborhood should I be looking at in the NW area? Is there any I should avoid? Where do all the Pinoys stay so my mom will have new friends? Most of the other people assigned there stay in Panorama Hills. Is that a good area? -39C wow!!! I guess I better like winter if I will be living there.

panorama is a very good area dun ako ngayon kaka 1 year ko pa alng dito. sa uncle ko pa ako naka tira baka kumuha ko ng place bago dumating si mrs. ang nakaktakot na area dito is yung downtown which they call SE area nandun madalas yung gulo mga gang gang hehe. nagbukas na pala yung bagong mall dito sa may balzac (10mins away from calgary) kaya ngayon laging traffic sa panorama.

I am not sure where all the pinoys are work from home kasi ako lagi kaya walang interaction hehe kaya yung truck ko eh 6mos na 4000km pa lang ang odo lol. There is a forum called pinoy to canada mayron silang mga gathering once in a while.

baka lang magulat ka pag dating mo sa calgary walang ka view view kahit puno bihira hehe pero malapit lang naman ang banff 1hr 3omins away napaka ganda dun parang bc.

Last year makapal ang snow dami namin naitulak na civic at mga kotse sa tapat ng bahay lalo na mga RWD vehicle hirap dito nag spin sila during climb. dito sa tapat namin kumapal snow up to half ng tire ng ordinary cars pero you dont have to worry about major roads nililinis naman lagi ng city.

required nga pala dito daylight running lights (tama ba) so kelangan pa convert yung mga car & truck mo sir.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My cars are exempted some of the requirements because of my government assignment there and as long as I declare that I will not sell the vehicle in Canada. Thanks for the info, I guess my Magnum will have a hard time there since it has no abs or traction control at all and it's RWD. That's fine though since it will become a 3 season car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag winter most of the time that I am braking umiilaw yung abs at slip lights naman during acceleration its really good having these technologies during winter keeps the car going straight kahit 2wd mode lang :D

nga pala pag sa labas naka parada yung car you would need engine block heater. during work in winter youll notice people going to there car and warming them up para umandar pa rin pag dating ng uwian, napaka gastos sa gas :D kaya sikat na sikat yung remote start.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Do you have a block heater? Good idea on the remote start better look into in now.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Block heater is a standard equipment on canadian cars but I haven't tried using it yet :D. theres this viper alarm that reads temp inside your car via remote so you can get in when its warm inside but I heard the battery on the remote runs out fast like about in a month.

btw be sure to get an insurance with a windshield coverage, 90% of the cars in alberta has windshield crack cause they use pebbles on the roads during winter:D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    That explains why they don't use salt in Alberta. I'll inform my friend who is going to Edmonton about what you said regarding the pebbles. What insurance company do you use? I used to have Wawanesa when I was California but I may not qualify with them for awhile since I had a claim with them in 2007, when I ran my Lancer into the back of a Land Rover.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    state farm sir, insurance here is very expensive specially when your new, I pay CND180 a month for a 500k coverage its like paying mortgage for another car, some goes up to 300 sheesh! If you have a group insurance with your work go for it I will be moving to that option too.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My Xterra with Flowmaster 50 series SUV dual inlet/dual outlet exhaust. I had resonated tips installed but it gave it really bad sound and lots of resonance inside so I removed it. It also wasn't welded on because I may have to remove it later to install the stock exhaust when I move so I had them use clamps instead.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJHXDmtHnHw"]YouTube- 2005 Nissan Xterra SE VQ40 w/ Flowmaster 50 series[/ame]
    Last edited by redorange; November 19th, 2009 at 09:21 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Truck is too loud inside with lots of resonance, my daughter was complaining and I lost low end torque. I now have to put back the stock exhaust if I don't want permanent hearing damage from the muffler. I guess I'll just have the Y pipe fixed and have the muffler installed in the Magnum, with it's large resonator after the muffler the resonance inside shouldn't be that bad.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cool! did you install it by yourself? thats a nice deep sounding flowmaster.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
My 2005 Xterra 4x4