New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are these 285 16? nice bfg AT's

Last edited by fierari; August 29th, 2009 at 04:30 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think those are the 285's, my tires don't look that wide since my BFG is only 265. No scan gauge yet I will probably get one here at the Autoport on base so it's tax free. I wish I had the $$$ for something like that so my truck will look meaner. Do they have a lottery there? Maybe I'll play it so I can get what I want. LOL

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cool how much is the scan gauge there? I am really liking his wheels and tires hope I get a bonus this year :D I read in club frontier that when your using 285's you'll get a lot of rock chips just before the rear tires is that true in an x?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I have to check the price but they have different kinds they sell. Haven't read about rock chips from the tires on the forum.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any ideas where can I find those 6 spoke nismo offroad wheels? just dont like the S wheels :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    AFAIK Xterraparts.com may have it or you can check ebay0. But those are expensive you might as well get aftermarket wheels.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir kelan dating mo dito? tuloy ba kayo sa calgary?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Things have come up and we are not sure where we'll be going but it is still one of the options, the other being I quit my job and start a business of my own in the Philippines.

I know you mentioned about the transmission before, but have you had any noise from your timing chain guide? I'm thinking of taking mine into the stealership for that to be checked. Also I will have a Flowmaster 50 series installed on Wednesday and will post video of it. I'll have the Y pipe removed because it's a dual inlet dual outlet muffler so I can get more of the rumble sound from the VQ40.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sayang naka ready pa naman garahe for the projects. :D

I hear the timing chain sound during morning start ups for a couple of second (fast tik tik tik tik sound) but its random. one thread in club frontier they say its normal and very thin ang chances na may problema although there are some. I have read one where its not his timing chain is making noise but his radiator fan cover, the bottom part vibrates and hits the radiator during start up you might want to check that.

wow flowmaster which series is the most quiet? nice to have those dual inlet in there because that Y pipe is PITA how much did it cost you?

So you'll be the only Gen2 X in PH? hehe I have seen a couple of Gen 1 driven by foreigners in there but not Gen 2.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Well don't close out that garage just yet we are still hoping to be able to go there, as I said it's still an option that is very much open and the wife would prefer to got there.

Sadly if we do decide on the Philippines the Xterra will be sold because the taxes for it would be more than the value of the truck. So maybe a Patrol or something else instead. But there aer bigger issues to iron out before that can happen sot he 1st choice is still Canada.

I have a ticking sound coming from the engine itself so I will have my timing chain checked while they do the belt tensioner. I tried doing the belt tensioner but it was a PITA to remove the bolt and I didn't want to round off the bolt itself for my attempt so off to the stealership I go on the 27th.

I have the 50 series Flowmaster to be installed tomorrow morning so I will have dual inlet and outlet of my exhaust to get a little more rumble for the VQ40. It cost me $170 for the muffler and I will find out how much for installation tomorrow but I was quoted $110 for a dual inlet and use the same outlet pipe but that will increase because it will have new pipes now. I'll post up a video when it's done.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2008 Xterra S