New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    I like them Plymouth Laser RS as well.. I work on those DSM's all the time. pretty capable platform w/ the 4G63 turbo engine, easy 12-11 second 1/4 mile cars w/ moderate mods!
    I quit with the HKS Stage 4 (281 hp). The thing was FWD and already had pretty good torque steer even at the stock 190 hp. The stock hp may not seem much. But then, the car weighed in at a mere 2700 lbs. At 281 hp, I really needed to grip the steering wheel during spirited launches. Soft-rubber low-profiles helped. But, they wore out pretty fast.

I never did dyno the Laser with the HKS mods. The extra torque steer and worn out tires (attempting a good launch) was discouraging enough. But, I'd say it got 240-250 hp at the front wheels, enough to hang in there with the heavier STi's and Evo's on the freeway.

It's not mine anymore, though. I signed it over to my nephew* who now have dreams of bumping up the hp to 400. Good luck to him. I also feel sorry for his dad. He He.

*He also received 2 low-mileage 4G63 turbo engines that I had squirreled away in storage. He'll have plenty to play with.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I quit with the HKS Stage 4 (281 hp). The thing was FWD and already had pretty good torque steer even at the stock 190 hp. The stock hp may not seem much. But then, the car weighed in at a mere 2700 lbs. At 281 hp, I really needed to grip the steering wheel during spirited launches. Soft-rubber low-profiles helped. But, they wore out pretty fast.

I never did dyno the Laser with the HKS mods. The extra torque steer and worn out tires (attempting a good launch) was discouraging enough. But, I'd say it got 240-250 hp at the front wheels, enough to hang in there with the heavier STi's and Evo's on the freeway.

It's not mine anymore, though. I signed it over to my nephew* who now have dreams of bumping up the hp to 400. Good luck to him. I also feel sorry for his dad. He He.

*He also received 2 low-mileage 4G63 turbo engines that I had squirreled away in storage. He'll have plenty to play with.

nice.. and you got one lucky nephew as well!

anywayz, FWD's isnt that bad though.. I built a 600 bhp (roughly 530 whp on a DynoJet) '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Spyder. its fully built from top to bottom.. engine, suspension, brakes, roll cage, everything imaginable. its a 10 sec (even high 9's) car. the car is well balanced and Torque Steer is almost non existent (we have a fully built tranny w/ a Quaife 2 way LSD).

hope I could post pix here, but I guess I have to wait till I reached 300 posts!! lolz.

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    nice.. and you got one lucky nephew as well!

anywayz, FWD's isnt that bad though.. I built a 600 bhp (roughly 530 whp on a DynoJet) '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Spyder. its fully built from top to bottom.. engine, suspension, brakes, roll cage, everything imaginable. its a 10 sec (even high 9's) car. the car is well balanced and Torque Steer is almost non existent (we have a fully built tranny w/ a Quaife 2 way LSD).

hope I could post pix here, but I guess I have to wait till I reached 300 posts!! lolz.

aite, peace.
    Mmm. LSD didn't even enter my mind. How long has the Quaife LSD for DSM been around? I kinda quit tuning (stopped where I was) after the wife arrived here (mid 90's) and lost track of further DSM developments.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Mmm. LSD didn't even enter my mind. How long has the Quaife LSD for DSM been around? I kinda quit tuning (stopped where I was) after the wife arrived here (mid 90's) and lost track of further DSM developments.

mid 90's?? wow, thats a very long time ago!

anywayz, the Quaife LSD has been around for almost 8-10 yrs. now. usually, back then (mid 90's) only race teams/shops can only get a hold of Quaife LSD's. but nowadays Quaife LSD's can now be ordered through an authorized Quaife dealer. also there are other LSD manufacturers for DSM's like Kaaz, Cusco.. just to name a few.

aite, peace.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    mid 90's?? wow, thats a very long time ago!

anywayz, the Quaife LSD has been around for almost 8-10 yrs. now. usually, back then (mid 90's) only race teams/shops can only get a hold of Quaife LSD's. but nowadays Quaife LSD's can now be ordered through an authorized Quaife dealer. also there are other LSD manufacturers for DSM's like Kaaz, Cusco.. just to name a few.

aite, peace.
    Well, we have priorities and family had to come first. Anyway, I bought the 1g Laser brand new in 1991. Back in the mid-90's, HKS Stage 4 (281 bhp) was the top mod for my car. I vaguely remember it eventually went up to Stage 8 which is probably the 600 hp you mentioned. But I never did hear LSD for street tuning back then. It would've been nice.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SOnog NA TA e

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    SOnog NA TA e
    Gee Thanks. I see you have a Suzuki. Is that supposed to be an exotic because it's so rare here?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thats what she said

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    Thats what she said
    She? Who is she? Pretty chick? Pic?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The definition of an unenthusiast's car....... reminds me of an ugly mutt. But, I like it anyway. 2.5 years old with no problems thus far....

Yup. The Pinoy flag's still up front. I thought about replacing it with the Arizona state flag instead. But, it looked like a commie emblem (NVA).
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 21st, 2007 at 08:52 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
2006 Sonata GLS V6 and 1991 PLymouth Laser RS Turbo