New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Even rarer than premium Lexus sedans.

Is it just the pricing? Cost of maintaining one?

It's like leveled between somewhere between Camry/Accords and Lexus.. or not.

Anybody can share thoughts on this? I still dream of owning the Mazda 6 Estate

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Mazda6 is priced around the same as the usual Japanese midsize car. The Camry is still the market leader, then the Accord comes next. The rest (Mazda6, Altima, Legacy) are more bought by choice. The Koreans and Mitsubishi stopped selling their midisize sedan (Mitsubishi Galant, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima).

Midsize cars are a dying category locally. Even in the US, its sales is being eaten by the CUVs (CRV, Forester, RAV4, CX5, Tucson, Sportage). Only those who really want one will buy such cars. Locally, most buyers have long chosen the PPVs as the big car choice for a family vehicle. Even sales of compacts are declining.

Archerfish owns a Mazda6 turbo diesel, by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The Mazda 6 Is Dead in the US, Leaving Just One Sedan

Even in Australia, where mazda sells well, the Mazda6 just can't compete to the Camry's sales figures where it leads 10:1

and that awful cx3 ... just awful

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Unpopular model in a dying segment. You could say the same about the Accord. Hardly see any of the newer models.

Nearly everyone who used to have a Japanese midsize sedan back then drives an SUV now, or went to one of the luxury brands.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well,
    even in its heighday,
    the mazda6 was never a good seller...
    niche car, as someone said.
    a newly-graduated colleague drove one, years ago.
    "it's my dad's car", dr. d.
    he had since acquired an mpv.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 28th, 2022 at 09:42 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Midsize sedans and SUVs are big sellers in the North America. Most people still prefer their Camrys or Accords over an Altis or Civic. Explorers, Ascents, Pathfinders, and Sorentos are also selling well.

For the rest of the world, these don’t sell that much.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    I guess I'm one of the very few people who's into these type of cars - Used mid-size sedans (Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6, Sonata, Optima, etc.)

Here's my logic:
    - premium cars with excellent features
    - comfortable ride with capable engine
    - value is greatly depreciated (this means I can buy them at a much lower price now)
    - my daily drive is about 80kms (mostly highways)

But there's one problem I failed to prepare for... parts availability! It would have been easier if I went for a Camry/Accord, but for the mid-size Nissan I have now, genuine parts rarely come by.

Would anyone here know if the same problem exists with Mazda 6? I saw a few 2014-2015 models for sale, and Im thinking of getting one to replace my current drive.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Body parts take 2-3 months to arrive from Japan. Cheaper and faster if you get them from the casa. Might be difficult to find surplus. Insurance is a must ;)

No problem with mechanical parts. Some are shared between other SkyActiv models.

We have one 6 turbo sedan owner who regularly tracks his car. Hope he chimes in soon.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Body parts take 2-3 months to arrive from Japan. Cheaper and faster if you get them from the casa. Might be difficult to find surplus. Insurance is a must ;)

No problem with mechanical parts. Some are shared between other SkyActiv models.

We have one 6 turbo sedan owner who regularly tracks his car. Hope he chimes in soon.
    2-3 months for body parts? Might not be ideal for a daily drive then. Siguro parts are easier for Camry/Accord, since mas marami owners for those models, right?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie26 View Post
    2-3 months for body parts? Might not be ideal for a daily drive then. Siguro parts are easier for Camry/Accord, since mas marami owners for those models, right?
    Camry for sure but not the most recent Accord generation (10th). The two older generations of the Accord (8th and 9th) are built like tanks and you can still see a lot of them on the road (even the much older 7th gen). The usual model uses the same engine for over a long period of time (Honda K24 2.4L NA engine).

Another option is the Subaru Legacy GT (2009-2013). They are quite solid and uses a lot of similar parts as other Subies. They also share the same engine as the WRX STi (EJ25). It comes in a wagon also. These midsize sedans are quite quick and fast. They are also mod-friendly - a simple ECU tune and you are looking at around 300hp already.

Last edited by Egan101; February 8th, 2023 at 03:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast