New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mzrz6
    superb! i wish i won a lottery to get that mazda 6
    OT din
    but im sure if you won a Lottery worth P20M, you would not be buying a Mazda6, baka bimmer/merc or full-size SUV na bibilhin mo hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marvin...

have you tried driving it about 100kph? how was it?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i was wondering, baka kaya naman di maganda ang feedback regarding the 6 is because the drive was quite brief and short. sometimes to tap the potential of a car's dynamics is to drive it overtime. but, if you are in the market of such sedans and find the current market leaders quite cliche' and boring, here is the answer. honestly, napakadalang ng 6. i guess if i had the money i'll get one. that is, if i had the money...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi maganda ang feedback?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes... pero hindi sustained, really short bursts lang up to 120 kph, downhill and on curving roads pa hehe, so can't really say anything

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    yes... pero hindi sustained, really short bursts lang up to 120 kph, downhill and on curving roads pa hehe, so can't really say anything
    wow flogging the MZ6 on a downhill. ha ha, just like Takumi on his AE86? so it could mean that going down thru those curves at insane speeds must bode well for the MZ6 superb chassis, balance, handling dynamics (and one brave driver) ...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i didn't feel skilled or experienced enough to go really fast (unlike some of the other media peeps who were drifting all over the blind corners hehehe)... but i'm pretty sure that if i'd have done the same thing in my own CR-V, i'd have been understeering severely straight onto the guardrail, the rear tires would have been sliding all over under braking, and the airbags may have deployed

mazda 6 has practically zero understeer through tight bends

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    *mbt

Any idea on the 2.3L's petrol consumption? Have you noticed how they covered the rear wheel wells with a carpet-like material (very similar to the used on the hood liner). I also did not see a manual control for the trunk. Does the moonroof incline or slide open? Lastly, did you get a chance to see what kind of spare tire it has? I got this funny feeling its a donut tire again.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had the chance to test drive the Mazda6 2.3L yesterday aruond Greenhills.

At first, those 215/45/R17 tires is a sure recipe for a harsh ride - but I was surprised on how smooth the ride is. Well, not as ultra smooth as a Cefiro but it was acceptable and confidence-inspiring nonetheless. Heck, it even behaved more composed than my Rav4 when going over potholes and other road imperfections.

The engine is very refined (unlike the trashy Toyota VVTi engines), ergo the power delivery is linear - it will putter along with the rest of the Metro traffic but the fun starts after 3000 rpm. There is a huge helping of torque down low which will make you forget about the MZ6's old 2.0L engine.

The Activematic's manual mode is a step-up from the ones found in the MZ3 as the response time has improved a lot.

The brakes initially bite hard but are very capable. Also, the front brakes are ventilated - nice when doing some track time.

Btw, only the low-beam of the headlamps is HID-equipped. The foglamps that was previously integrated with the headlamp cluster was just deactivated and placed on the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Any idea on the 2.3L's petrol consumption? Have you noticed how they covered the rear wheel wells with a carpet-like material (very similar to the used on the hood liner). I also did not see a manual control for the trunk. Does the moonroof incline or slide open? Lastly, did you get a chance to see what kind of spare tire it has? I got this funny feeling its a donut tire again.
    According to the sales agent, fuel consumption is around 6 km/L.

The trunk openener is located near the rear license plate illuminator.

The spare tire is a donut (as with the old MZ6).

The sunroof can either tilt or slide.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    IMO, value for money talaga ang 6 2.3, kakamiss tuloy mag drive ng 6

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Tested: Mazda 6 2.3