New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Musong View Post
    mazda 3 is better than honda fd.
    like what resale rates kaya po?

i need to compare possible resale values ng bnew 2007/08 mazda3 1.6v a/t vs. 2008 honda civic 1.8v a/t. yun kase ang mga final 2 choices ko. its one of the things i need to weigh before buying the car.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I can bet with confidence that the Civic FD will sell more than a comparative Mazda 3 5 years from now.... Among the Japanese Honda is #1 in resale follow very very closely by Toyota. Whether its a rational idea that these two brands have premiums over others is a subject of a different discussion but the fact is that Honda and Toyota always have top notch resale values among Japanese brands....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I can bet with confidence that the Civic FD will sell more than a comparative Mazda 3 5 years from now.... Among the Japanese Honda is #1 in resale follow very very closely by Toyota. Whether its a rational idea that these two brands have premiums over others is a subject of a different discussion but the fact is that Honda and Toyota always have top notch resale values among Japanese brands....

like how much estimated difference in peso amount? P50k, P100k, P150k?

kase, mababa din naman ang bnew price ng mazda3 1.6v a/t compared sa civic 1.8V a/t.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its hard to say at this time since wala pang madaming seller (pero alam ko madaming buyer nagaabang ) for the Civic FD (since like everyone is enjoying theirs still) so mahirap maguage market price nor the price difference with the Mazda 3. Confident lang ako na mas mataas resale ng Civic FD di ako super sure kung malaki difference.... Try the 2nd hand market websites like carfinderph.com or autoindustriya.com/4sale or even here in tsikot we have a buy and sell....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm pretty sure the Civic FD will hold resale value better. The 7th gen didn't, and is about dead even with the Mazda3... something to do with the dumpy looks of the 7th gen.

The difference might be about 50k worth... but it'll remain to be seen whether the difference over time will outweigh the price premium you pay for the Civic versus the Mazda3 (when comparing variants with the same specs).

RE: overpriced? Altis... definitely. Secondhand prices for older Corollas are okay (whereas older Civics are terribly overpriced), while asking for the current Altis is outrageous, considering how outdated it is. Fuel economy of the 1.6 MT is great, but the Altis just isn't worth that much, IMHO, despite the vaunted Toyota "indestructibility" (which, having seen a couple of secondhands... they aren't). My cousin paid an arm and a leg for his, and that was "friendly" price, from his fiance's family. But I haven't looked at prices lately, and I expect they'll go down when the new Altis comes out.

Personally, I like the Mazda3 more. More secure handling, more comfortable seats. But until they come out with a 5-speed AT or at least a manual transmission, you're probably better off getting the Civic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    what tint did you use on your car? i'd like mine clear sana but baka mainit rin. ano nga yung protection na clear lang -- vcool? but i hear its expensive may cheaper alternative ba nito?

if ever am forced to have car tinted talaga sa init, ano ba bagay if black ang car? what about silver?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Civic FD will hold resale value better.

The difference might be about 50k worth... but it'll remain to be seen whether the difference over time will outweigh the price premium you pay for the Civic versus the Mazda3 (when comparing variants with the same specs).

Personally, I like the Mazda3 more. More secure handling, more comfortable seats. But until they come out with a 5-speed AT or at least a manual transmission, you're probably better off getting the Civic.

i've actually already decided on the civic. so, no more turning back na. hehe!

thanks a lot for all the tips & advice! i surely found this site (and bigbigcar too ) and the posters to be very helpful especially on evaluating car specs.

will definitely become a regular here!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Congratulations on choosing the Civic. The Mazda 3 is a good car no doubt but I still think you made the right choice on the Civic and I am sure it will give you many many years of pleasure and come selling time I am sure you are again all smiles (BIASED cause I also own one)....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Congratulations on choosing the Civic. The Mazda 3 is a good car no doubt but I still think you made the right choice on the Civic and I am sure it will give you many many years of pleasure and come selling time I am sure you are again all smiles (BIASED cause I also own one)....

thanks a lot! i chose the 1.8v a/t black.

chose the civic kase i know na may mga reviews na the mazda3 1.6 is kinda sluggish e. if i had enough funds for the 2.0 engine ng civic & mazda3, baka mas lalo pa mahirapan and matagalan mag decide!!! haha

anyway, baka daw in 2weeks ma release na sakin ang unit... excited na! hehe

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stgo0727 View Post
    thanks a lot! i chose the 1.8v a/t black.

chose the civic kase i know na may mga reviews na the mazda3 1.6 is kinda sluggish e. if i had enough funds for the 2.0 engine ng civic & mazda3, baka mas lalo pa mahirapan and matagalan mag decide!!! haha

anyway, baka daw in 2weeks ma release na sakin ang unit... excited na! hehe

wow, brand new car!!! kainggit naman... i must admit na ok talaga yung civic legacy. i still have mine for 8 years now and i dont have any plans of selling it.

ganda talaga performance honda. congrats on your future brand new car.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Resale values for 2004-2006 Civics and Mazda3s