New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    SIr Niky,

What is this? you are accusing me of accusing orly? picking a fight? just because i'd ask him if he is connected with mazda motors in the Philippines? Whats wrong if I ask that question? Di ba he can just easily answer no?Di ba, its just like when I was asked of being a MVPMAP or FMC employee because of my stand for the PHUV? Did anyone who asked me that question (MVPMAP or FMC worker) perceived as throwing accusation against me?

Just because of adverse comments about Mazda vehicles or about that Mazda-FMC rift, PHUV posters were lumped and mocked as a bunch of paranoids (who believe in big-boy conspiracies) and a bunch no-sense zealots? Now, how do you call that niky?

It all started with the bad comments I posted about mazda, based on the experience of my friends who formerly owned Mazda vehicles (i.e. 1996 Mazda Familia 323, 1996 Mazda Astina 323, 1994 Mazda 626).. i never owned a Mazda (almost, I used to own a 1995 Kia pride LX. i think they share similar parts i.e. rack and pinion parts ata). Anyway, How can I dispute their personal experiences?Hinayang nga ako, maganda kasi yung 1996 Mazda Familia (130t ata binenta).

I acknowledged the posts of mazda owners who encountered the same problems such as overheating, perhaps unavailability of parts or not so cheap maintenance costs. I relayed also that my friends sold their mazdas at a cheaper price vis-a-vis with say, toyota or mitsubishi.

Indeed, all vehicles encounter problems especially if poorly maintained or perhaps because of age (or wear and tear).

I did not say overheating cannot be remedied. I just said, my friend disposed his mazda vehicle (626) because of overheating problem and I have no knowledge if his mechanic is stupid or not. He just what to rid of it because of the problem.
    Last edited by jpdm; January 28th, 2008 at 12:38 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    jpdm,

ironically, i also post on the PHUV thread. and a number of my posts there were deemed to be "constructive."

but you see -- your post on this thread was non-sensical and hearsay. so I correlated it with similar non-sensical posts on the PHUV thread. like that guy -- was it you? was it not? i don't have the inclination to look it up -- who said to stop posting designs on the PHUV thread because the "big boys" might steal it.

you used the word paranoid, i did not. but that's exactly what it sounds like, paranoid.

ANYWAY, back to topic. the local recall is supposedly not for an engine mount, but rather, a wiring harness issue. and i haven't received any letter, but since my 10,000 km checkup is coming soon, i'll have a look at the VIN.

i think the best all around is not to jump to conclusions or disparage. you see, Toyota has also had several serious recalls -- one for the transmission prop shaft, and a lot for the D4D injectors failing. I didn't see you muttering "serves Toyota right for crushing all the local vehicle assemblers." Instead you say that Mazda screwed Mr Francisco and thus somehow deserves bad publicity. Sounds very much like you have an axe to grind.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    So there's a recall. And the starting salvo of this thread is just way too generalized. Just try to abuse the Corolla (specially the XL) in a way as specified from the tech service bulletin, it is very highly likely to suffer the same problem. And they (Toyota) will never admit it. Even the first gear vibration, I always asked my friends who has XLs or XEs "Bakit nagba-vibrate ang first gear mo?". They'll just answer like a taxi driver "ok lang yan" (read: "Wala akong pera pang pagawa eh, ang mahal kaya ng transmission").

At least Mazda is responsible enough to admit this without waiting for the accident to happen first. Great Customer Service!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpogi View Post
    So there's a recall. And the starting salvo of this thread is just way too generalized. Just try to abuse the Corolla (specially the XL) in a way as specified from the tech service bulletin, it is very highly likely to suffer the same problem. And they (Toyota) will never admit it. Even the first gear vibration, I always asked my friends who has XLs or XEs "Bakit nagba-vibrate ang first gear mo?". They'll just answer like a taxi driver "ok lang yan" (read: "Wala akong pera pang pagawa eh, ang mahal kaya ng transmission").

At least Mazda is responsible enough to admit this without waiting for the accident to happen first. Great Customer Service!
    Natumbok mo pogi!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    SIr Niky,

What is this? you are accusing me of accusing orly? picking a fight? just because i'd ask him if he is connected with mazda motors in the Philippines? Whats wrong if I ask that question? Di ba he can just easily answer no?Di ba, its just like when I was asked of being a MVPMAP or FMC employee because of my stand for the PHUV? Did anyone who asked me that question (MVPMAP or FMC worker) perceived as throwing accusation against me?
    Damn right you are.

If you haven't noticed, the thread title is about the Mazda3. Not a 626, 323, B-series, Astina, Miata, or even an RX-7.

What's also the connection of your "karma" comment and this current issue? Nada.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Natumbok mo pogi!
    OT: sadya bang nilulunok ng ibang mga customers at fans ng toyota ang symptom na yan (the legendary first gear vibration hehehe)? Parang ok lang sa kanila dahil hindi sila nagiisa sa problema nila...bwahahaha! so pathetic. ok back to Mazda Jak...Recall pala hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    SIr Niky,

Just because of adverse comments about Mazda vehicles or about that Mazda-FMC rift, PHUV posters were lumped and mocked as a bunch of paranoids (who believe in big-boy conspiracies) and a bunch no-sense zealots? Now, how do you call that niky?

It all started with the bad comments I posted about mazda, based on the experience of my friends who formerly owned Mazda vehicles (i.e. 1996 Mazda Familia 323, 1996 Mazda Astina 323, 1994 Mazda 626).. i never owned a Mazda (almost, I used to own a 1995 Kia pride LX. i think they share similar parts i.e. rack and pinion parts ata). Anyway, How can I dispute their personal experiences?Hinayang nga ako, maganda kasi yung 1996 Mazda Familia (130t ata binenta).

I acknowledged the posts of mazda owners who encountered the same problems such as overheating, perhaps unavailability of parts or not so cheap maintenance costs. I relayed also that my friends sold their mazdas at a cheaper price vis-a-vis with say, toyota or mitsubishi.

Indeed, all vehicles encounter problems especially if poorly maintained or perhaps because of age (or wear and tear).

I did not say overheating cannot be remedied. I just said, my friend disposed his mazda vehicle (626) because of overheating problem and I have no knowledge if his mechanic is stupid or not. He just what to rid of it because of the problem.
    It's simply this:

Every time somebody questions you, you question their loyalties and motivations. Masyadong confrontational. This is a free forum, and yes, you're right to ask. But before you ask, I beg you... please look at the history of the poster you are confronting.

And yes, you do tend to be zealous sometimes, and overly critical of some people or some manufacturers and extremely supportive of others. While your enthusiastic support of the PhUV movement is quite appreciated, the negative vibe you bring to threads regarding Ford or Mazda, due to their dropping of Francisco Motors is not.

That Francisco Motors issue may or may not be a cold-blooded decision... depending on which way you look at it... Ford has shed a lot of partners due to financial difficulties in the past, and those financial difficulties were part of the reason Mazda folded in the Philippines so long ago. I suggest you look at what other manufacturers are doing to "screw over" the local industry, and I beg you to remember that Ford is one of the precious few manufacturers pouring in serious money into building bigger and better facilities in the Philippines.

A company is in business, first and foremost to make money. Many companies, like Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi, are scaling back their local operations and concentrating in Thailand in order to save costs, because Thailand is a bigger market. When Ford pulled out of the deal with the Fiero, did you see any new Ford AUVs... anywhere? They just stopped making them. And why not take shots at GM for stopping production of the Harabas? Or Mitsubishi for killing the Cimarron? There comes a point where a manufacturer is not willing to support an outdated platform anymore, due to the cost and difficulty of making parts that cannot be shared with other vehicles in their range... which is finally why the Sentra LEC, AD Resort and Corolla "Lovelife" were finally killed, despite decent sales.

Please, let's leave the politics out of the main threads, and keep it in the PhUV forum, where it belongs. ;)

-----

Regarding the recall... okay, I've found word of it on Teamrage, but not yet on PTP (oh... caloyski... my log-in is messed up again... :lol: )... but no mention of falling engines.

The wider range recalls seem to be mostly about the Mazdaspeed3... as I've said, I've heard about that... engines do fall out of the Mazdaspeed3 under hard acceleration, as the mounts aren't stiff enough for the monstrous torque of the engine... but I have not heard of this happening to owners of smaller displacement Mazda3s... though many owners note that the left-side mount is a tad soft. Mazda's soft rubber strikes again!

I've cracked three of my own mounts due to hard driving... I've busted two mounts at once... but I've never had the engine fall out of the car...
    Last edited by niky; January 28th, 2008 at 02:04 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's simply this:

Every time somebody questions you, you question their loyalties and motivations. Masyadong confrontational.
    Very strong words niky, very strong words.

Because I made some negative comments about a Japanese firm, somebody with insult me that I belong to a bunch of people with no-sense zealot-ism at naniniwala sa conspiracies.

I will accept if a guy or a representative from Mazda Motors or anyone from the firm will react and hit me hard for those (about the negative comments of my friends who are former Mazda owners and the FMC vs. Mazda case) comments. Ok lang kung banatan nila ako kasi Expected yun because they have all the reasons to defend the quality of their products.....

I never expected these adverse reactions from you guys, niky, orly andico. I thought i'm safe here in tsikot. com philippines and i can't do it in mazda japan forums (if there are).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    *jpdm

i think you're perfectly safe here...

it's just so many wrong choices of words from your side and most of which are too generalized, it's is understood what you're trying to point out but getting your message across does not need to step on somebody's head conscious or unconsciously. As a result, your motivations are questioned as to whether you're just trolling around or trying to start a flame war. I'm not telling you to say the nice words rather I'm telling you to say the RIGHT words because members here have different level of sensitivities. Try to step out and figure if you're at the receiving end of your own words, how would you feel?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When I say masyadong confrontational, that's just an observation, not an attack... sinasabi ko lang, tsong... cool lang.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Recall: Mazda 3- Nala-laglag ang makina?