New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [SIZE=4]eLoW GuYz...

Tanong ko lang...Yung mga Mazda cars gaya ng 2 and 3 dito sa atin ngayon eh yan n a ba yung skydrive engine nila na may compression ratio na 14:1..?
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not yet. Maybe in 2012. The SkyActive Mazda2 was just launched in Japan a few months ago. It'll be a while before we get them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hindi pa, and its interesting to note that USDM models don't have the i-Stop function. which saves more fuel esp. in high traffic areas.... kasi ang reason nila eh it doesn't do much to improve EPA ratings based on 2008 standard.....JDM versions have it, probably the European versions would also have it.....

i've asked Mazda dealership SA who had some display in Market Market a few months back, he did confirm the 2nd. Gen Mazda3 would indeed come 2012 to Philippines and entirely skipping the port injected model. and would just come with the3 SkyActiv engine.....Yay!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    hindi pa, and its interesting to note that USDM models don't have the i-Stop function. which saves more fuel esp. in high traffic areas.... kasi ang reason nila eh it doesn't do much to improve EPA ratings based on 2008 standard.....JDM versions have it, probably the European versions would also have it.....

i've asked Mazda dealership SA who had some display in Market Market a few months back, he did confirm the 2nd. Gen Mazda3 would indeed come 2012 to Philippines and entirely skipping the port injected model. and would just come with the3 SkyActiv engine.....Yay!
    bossing parakito,

sir, is that the reason why they are now selling their old mazda 3's from 2006 up to 2009 models at low prices? are they also in the know about the upcoming new tech by mazda next yr?

spook..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Sir Parakito, do you know what month in 2012 will the new 3 be released?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    to Spookles2006,
    i'm sure may kinalaman 'yun dun, as they need to deplete inventory
    to acceptable levels before changing over to the new model...
    and i've only spoke to one Sales agent, and he seems to know about
    the next gen will have SkyActiv technologies...

to MrBones,
    sorry no idea po, sa Japan and US eh kalalabas pa lang...
    based purely on my speculation would take a months pa siguro...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    sir parakito,

pls post any updates on mazda 3 skyactive in pinas.. i am really very interested about it. i am also monitoring the arrival of ford focus titanium. i am torn between the two which to buy, the mazda 3 or the ford focus 2012 titanium.. any comment master parakito.. i am sure you are the most knowledgeable when it comes to motor vehicle updates.. TIA
    spook....

New Mazda Technology