New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    is it going to be sold in our country?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I doubt it - considering we're one of the last in the ASEAN to get the new model Mazda3, and that we've never even seen the M/T variants of the 3 here in our market.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    this could be the reason why i did not receive any feedbacks coming from them.

but if they introduce that car here i'm pretty sure there's plenty of buyers for that. the car looks great in photos.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Plenty of buyers for the new 3 for sure.

For the turbo mazdaspeed variant, that will depend on the price.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Ford-Mazda alliance in the Philippines has traditionally been reluctant to bring in specialty models and low-volume cars because they're concerned about servicing issues and the "reliability" stigma attached to having sportscars with hard-to-find parts. People already b*tch and moan about waiting more than a two weeks for a trim piece or a rarely-stocked part... even if they have to wait the same amount of time (or longer) for similar items from the Japanese dealers. They'd throw a gasket if they had to wait for shipping from the US for a Ford Mustang clutch!

But you never know... Mazda brought in a short run of RX8s, they sell the low-volume CX9, and they have the MX-5. And for the past year, Mazda Philippines has been trying to forge an identity separate from Ford. Yet I don't see them clamoring to bring in the Mazdaspeed3... with taxes, it'd cost much more than the WRX, (Just like the Ralliart) which would seriously hamper sales.

The MX-5 suffers from similarly heavy taxes... but there really is no other alternative in the price range if you want a classic roadster-type sportscar (the Genesis Coupe is a different animal... it's a sportscar/grand tourer).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'd think twice before I'd say a sporty car would find a lot of buyers. It's so easy to say but money talks much louder.

Case in point: the FD2 Honda Civic 2.0S M/T. People clamored for it but very few people actually bought the thing. Look at it now: discontinued.

With that in mind, I'd say probably not. Mitsubishi is doing a similar move with the Lancer Ralliart, but at PhP2.37 million...I say good luck to them finding buyers for that when the Subaru Impreza WRX is a whole PhP700k cheaper.

new mazda 3 hatch turbo (2010) model