New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    It will arrive here according to Mazda Makati Next year is the release of Mazda 2 here, ang sabi nong isang SA e pinipigilan daw sila ng Ford to release it early here kase maluugi lalo ang Ford pag nilabas na ang bagong Mazda 2 dito...ewan ko lang kung nagsasabi ng totoo yung SA ng Mazda
    I don't know what that SA is saying, but as far as I know production of the ASEAN Mazda 2 and Fiesta at the Ford-Mazda AutoAlliance plant in Thailand will begin sometime in 2009.

Since a lot of people mentioned this, here is the status of Ford and Mazda globally and in the RP...
    Ford sold 20% of their stake in Mazda but will retain their ties with Mazda through their ongoing joint projects (platform and engine/technology sharing).

Here in the Philippines its a different case, the top level Ford executives now share responsibilities with Mazda after Ford and Mazda retrenched some of their executives in a move to make their operations here more efficient
    Last edited by AG4; December 8th, 2008 at 05:07 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    sana nga ilabas na dito ang mazda2... if they'll release it next year, magiging kasabay sya ng 2010 mazda3. good for mazda since they will have reps from two key market segments (sub-compact and compact)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i think i spotted one this morning along alabang-zapote road. naka park dun sa may alabang home depot. i think lang ha. im not sure if it was the real thing. might be an import kasi or what since hindi pa released dito. natakluban vision ko kaya di ko mafinalize kung mazda2 nga yun salamat sa bwiset na jip na humarang sa sight ko while i was inside a jeepney on my way home. pero feel ko it was it. ang layo naman kasi maging yaris or getz in a dark grey color, yung tail lights kasi as seen from a side view really looks like the one on those pictures above

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    i think i spotted one this morning along alabang-zapote road. naka park dun sa may alabang home depot. i think lang ha. im not sure if it was the real thing. might be an import kasi or what since hindi pa released dito. natakluban vision ko kaya di ko mafinalize kung mazda2 nga yun salamat sa bwiset na jip na humarang sa sight ko while i was inside a jeepney on my way home. pero feel ko it was it. ang layo naman kasi maging yaris or getz in a dark grey color, yung tail lights kasi as seen from a side view really looks like the one on those pictures above
    dude nakita mo ba ako sa loob na kumakaway sayo? kase tinging ka ng tingin sa M2 ko e wahahahaha joke OT na to:

on the topic: next year na lalabas mazda2 dito while 2010 pa si mazda 3 na bago

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    dude nakita mo ba ako sa loob na kumakaway sayo? kase tinging ka ng tingin sa M2 ko e wahahahaha joke OT na to:

on the topic: next year na lalabas mazda2 dito while 2010 pa si mazda 3 na bago
    i do think na ilalabas nila yung 3 late 2009 or earlier basta 2009 kasi siguro naman alam na nilang mahihirapan silang bumenta pagcrisis days. and just like the current mazda3, diba lumabas siya earlier than expected? so sa tingin ko hindi by 2010.

aba buti nakita mo ko eh ako nga di ko nahagilap masyado eh dahil sa jeepney na humarang sa sight ko well i really guess that it's an imported one. same na same yung side view talaga. sana sa mga susunod kong daan dun eh mapatunayan ko talaga sa sarili ko na mazda2 nga yung nakita ko

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    and just like the current mazda3, diba lumabas siya earlier than expected?
    The current outgoing Mazda 3 was launched here almost a year late (they can be forgiven, it made its worldwide debut before Mazda opened their 1st showroom in the Philippines), but its mid cycle facelift was over a year late.
    Other countries got the facelifted Mazda 3 in the early half of 2006 (for the 2007MY) while we got it in mid-2007.

i think i spotted one this morning along alabang-zapote road. naka park dun sa may alabang home depot. i think lang ha. im not sure if it was the real thing. might be an import kasi or what since hindi pa released dito. natakluban vision ko kaya di ko mafinalize kung mazda2 nga yun salamat sa bwiset na jip na humarang sa sight ko while i was inside a jeepney on my way home.
    I wonder what country that Mazda 2 unit came from? China? Japan?
    As far as I know, production of the Mazda 2 for the ASEAN region is scheduled to start in 2009.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Galing Thailand daw,kasabay ng Ford Fiesta..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Jan or Feb daw to, mukhang it will duke it out with the new Honda City... Kung may test car na on road 2-3 mos nalang waiting time nyan.

Tingin ko the hatchbacks will sell well than the sedan. I think the City has the upper hand in the subcompact sedan market.

Turbo diesel engine please! *wish*

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The current outgoing Mazda 3 was launched here almost a year late (they can be forgiven, it made its worldwide debut before Mazda opened their 1st showroom in the Philippines)
    ay ganun? so mali pala pagkakaintindi kong maaga released ng outgoing mazda3 sa kabilang thread

Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    Jan or Feb daw to, mukhang it will duke it out with the new Honda City...

Tingin ko the hatchbacks will sell well than the sedan. I think the City has the upper hand in the subcompact sedan market.
    kaninong source po yan sir na jan or feb daw? hmm.. i think the vios parin ang may upper hand in that category dahil sa mga taxi fleets pero let's wait and see kung tataas pa rin percentage ng car buyers by next year

10. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    is this car coming to the philippines?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
The New Mazda 2