New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    945
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    lucky rich kids...ako maski motorsiklo ako ang bumili hehehe..too bad i'm no rich man's son
    its better than having none. ako nga i don't own any pero what my knowledge and passion for / about cars eh galing sa mga natututunan ko sa paligid ko. kahit wala sariling ride eh sumasali pa rin sa community gaya ng tsikot

    yeah... lucky rich kids

    to be back on the topic
    panu nga pala yan? will it ever arrive here in our shores kahit na ba tuloy tuloy pa rin ang financial crisis at ang threat na possible bankruptcy ng ford?

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    723
    #42
    There are two things that could happen * Burai.

    A) Somebody else might buy Ford's stake in Mazda, it can be Mazda itself to remain independent, Honda or God NO! Toyota or Nissan....

    B) Ford will resurge and might be the only survivor among the big 3, Mazda will gain independence finally (it can rebuy back shares) due to the success of its product line.

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,219
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    its better than having none. ako nga i don't own any pero what my knowledge and passion for / about cars eh galing sa mga natututunan ko sa paligid ko. kahit wala sariling ride eh sumasali pa rin sa community gaya ng tsikot

    yeah... lucky rich kids

    to be back on the topic
    panu nga pala yan? will it ever arrive here in our shores kahit na ba tuloy tuloy pa rin ang financial crisis at ang threat na possible bankruptcy ng ford?
    It will arrive here according to Mazda Makati Next year is the release of Mazda 2 here, ang sabi nong isang SA e pinipigilan daw sila ng Ford to release it early here kase maluugi lalo ang Ford pag nilabas na ang bagong Mazda 2 dito...ewan ko lang kung nagsasabi ng totoo yung SA ng Mazda

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    723
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    It will arrive here according to Mazda Makati Next year is the release of Mazda 2 here, ang sabi nong isang SA e pinipigilan daw sila ng Ford to release it early here kase maluugi lalo ang Ford pag nilabas na ang bagong Mazda 2 dito...ewan ko lang kung nagsasabi ng totoo yung SA ng Mazda
    *actor21 may konting katotohanan dyan. But Ford just announced that it is selling 20% of its 33% share of Mazda which means 13% nalang ang controlling stake nya dito. Of the 20% Mazda is expected to rebuy back 7% of it.

    In effect wala nang pumipigil sa pag angat ng Mazda as a 4th Japanese automotive power.

    I don't see the Mazda 2 as a direct threat to Ford. It competes more with Vios, City, Yaris and Jazz. Ford focuses more on SUVs and Trucks. I think they need to focus more on Focus IMHO ( no pun intended )

    Pero unless Mazda releases the best types of the 2 (euro version diesel eng) in the Phils medyo dehado s'ya sa laban with City and Vios because of the Honda/Toyota mentality ng Pinoy. I think the Mazda 2 Hatch has better chance of competing with the Yaris and even the dominant Jazz if they price it right.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    723
    #45
    BTW Mazda 2 is a WCOTY winner awarded around summer of 2008

    http://www.caradvice.com.au/11472/ma...r-of-the-year/





    The sloping side contours is becoming more and more like a Mazda trademark don't you think?

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,219
    #46
    i love the two door 2 hehehe nag rhyme

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    62
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    *actor21 may konting katotohanan dyan. But Ford just announced that it is selling 20% of its 33% share of Mazda which means 13% nalang ang controlling stake nya dito. Of the 20% Mazda is expected to rebuy back 7% of it.

    In effect wala nang pumipigil sa pag angat ng Mazda as a 4th Japanese automotive power.

    I don't see the Mazda 2 as a direct threat to Ford. It competes more with Vios, City, Yaris and Jazz. Ford focuses more on SUVs and Trucks. I think they need to focus more on Focus IMHO ( no pun intended )
    baka kasi ford is also planning to make the ford fiesta available here?

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    945
    #48
    i don't see any mazda threat sa ford here unless ford was also trying to sell their fiestas here. kung threat ang mazda sa kanila at ayaw nilang malugi dun why not make mazda dont sell at all diba?

    yang m2 na yan malabong dumating ang 2door for sure

    langya, ang m2 nagiging parang i10 tuloy. baka tuloy iisipin ng karamihang walang alam sa m2 dati na i10 ang nauna sa design (kasi late nilabas m2 dito) hahaha

    *daimengrui
    sir masyado na kayo naaadik sa contour lines ng mazda designs hahaha

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    723
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    *daimengrui
    sir masyado na kayo naaadik sa contour lines ng mazda designs hahaha
    Nice observation. Minimalism, Simplicity and Fluidity are design philosophies I've always admired. So it's no surprise even the smallest thing like side contours pleases me. Of course substance will always matter over looks.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    723
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    ahas naman ang sa Mazda.
    Sounds bad but I would have to agree though. Looks like the inspiration of most Mazda headlights and front fascia came from Vipers and Lizards. Although they're not the first company to do so. The execution is tasteful and to some extent functional.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
The New Mazda 2