New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    we just want those Japanese manufacturers to treat Pinoy customers to the same delight they make available to their European customers.
    It's because those Japanese 'delights' have to be fed the right kind of fuel, and that's something that European customers easily have access to, unlike here in the Philippines. Refining the fuel is the obvious solution, but that would entail increasing prices. Alam mo naman ang Pinoy, konting taas lang ng gasolina, "boycott" na ang sinisigaw. :D

Besides, many might balk at such prices for diesel machines when they can go for gas ones for less.

I'm willing to bet that, given ten years of using *just* local diesel, my own non-CRDi, indirect injection oil burner can easily outlast all these new-fangled common rail engines.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 26th, 2008 at 07:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    maybe they should buy their systems from Bosch, kung bosch CRDi ang nakasalpak sa Fortuner or innova panalo talaga yan...isa kasi ang bosch sa mga major developer ng common rail technology kaya mas advanced yung mga engines nila... AFAIK most european car brands are using Bosch CRDi system... kaya nung malaman ko na bosch ang gamit ng kia hyundai sulit talaga.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    what's exactly the difference between euro 5 and our local diesel?
    alam ko lang na maduming diesel ang sa atin (which is cheaper to produce)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    The diesel sold in the Philippines currently adheres to the Euro 2 standard, while Europe is already implementing the more stringent Euro 4, which has lower levels of CO, NOx and particulate matter. Ganun pa kadumi ang diesel natin compared sa kanila.

The Euro 5 standard is set to be implemented in Europe by September, 2009.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    don't forget Audi makes powerful diesels too...

hay... ingit ako. I'd like to plant a new 2.2 BMW diesel in our old 2.5 Pajero. but if I have even more money, I'll just scrap it and buy a BMW diesel.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    hay... ingit ako. I'd like to plant a new 2.2 BMW diesel in our old 2.5 Pajero.
    hahaha i have the same thoughts for my terrano. i actually asked sa iba kung merong available na crdi engine na swak. best bet na lang daw e yung pang navarra. kaso malamang wala pang surplus nun. haaay wishful thinking na lang muna. hehehehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The particulates is the bad part, as this is what directly destroys the piezo-injectors... but besides that, water contamination clogs fuel filters and eventually destroys/starves the fuel pumps of CRDi engines (the filters of CRDis are veeeeeery fine, to keep particulates from entering the fuel rail... so it's easy to clog them)... I've seen/heard of fuel pump failures (outside of the typical D4D issues) once or twice.

Also, our fuel was, at one time, lacking in lubricity in the change to Euro2... Toyota blamed this for the first set of D4D failures... and it may have affected others, too. Lito German from BMW says that in their testing, BMW's more powerful CRDis can't survive on local fuel, and their engines have to be detuned for local use.

Our diesel plain sucks. Even for non-CRDis... if you fill up at the wrong place, you get all kinds of problems... at some stations, the water separator of the Crosswind gets filled right away (gaddemmit...) and our oldest diesel units have busted pumps and worn injectors due to fuel contaminants. At least pre-combustion diesels have cheap injectors... ...but the switch to WVO for us can't come soon enough. I don't mind the shorter oil change intervals if it assures us of longer engine life... ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    medyo ot lang sir niky, does an ordinary old school diesel fuel filter has a capabilty to filter some water?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    another thing about exhaust emission performance that's exciting about this new engine is that. Mazda has engineered to be EURO-5 Compliant without the need for Bulky/cumbersome/expensive UREA tank/injection system!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
a new benchmark for 2.2li CrDI engines!