New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello TSikoteers,

Need inputs po for possible trouble ng Mazda 3 ko.

Almost 1 month na di ko siya nagamit tapos kahapon drive ko siya ng aroung 10 kilometers with no sign of any problem.

Attend sana kami ng church sana kagabi eh hard start na siya kaya di ko na ginamit. This morning check ko ulit - check battery (OK naman). Start ko ulit siya talagang pilit then nagstart pero iba yung tunug ..... parang tok tok tok sound ng engine... di ko na tinuloy.

pwede ba pa chek sa mga mechanics jan sa mga talyer o kelangan talaga itawag pa sa CASA? ANo kaya possible na sira?

17Kkms pa lang, last maintenance niya is 15kms december 2008pa.

Car is 2006 Mazda 3.

Looking forward po sa mga inputs nyo.

Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    if its still within Warranty. better bring it to CASA. actually have no idea what could be causing the tok tok sound. can u find out more by listening to it and describe to us once again where its originating fm.?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unfortunately last month expiration ng warranty niya.
    Yung tok tok tok sound ay yun na mismo ang sound nung engine.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir if i were you, mas mabuting sa CASA mo na lang dalhin even out of warranty.. Slightly expensive nga ung mga parts nila doon pero tiwala ka sa kanila kasi lahat my warranty doon, at siguradong alam nila ang gagawin dyan sa unit nyo.. sa mga talyer kasi sasabihn ito may problema, ayun may problema.... haggang lahat na lang e sabihing may problema syempre mapapamahal ka din sa gastos... RIGHT?... and sometimes sa talyer kasi kinakahoy ung mga original spare parts or plugs ng auto...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    May be some water settled in your fuel tank... what is the current fuel level?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fuel level indicator is 1/4.
    OKey lang ba piliting start ?

thanks for the reply.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not unless you're sure about what's causing the sound.

If it's "knocking" or something similar, running it could be potential disastrous for the engine. If it's something like a loose fan belt or engine mount, then not so... not hearing the sound myself, I can't say what it might be.

1/4th tank might be low enough to allow condensation of water inside... but it'd have to be pretty bad gas to begin with... personally, I'd call a mechanic for a home consult, or tow it to the dealership or a good garage instead of running it that way.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have you opened your hood? check for unusual stuffs like dead animals etc.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Niky; not really sure if this is a "knocking" sound.
    HorsePower; Yes, Sir! Opened up the hood and check for any unusaul stuffs but nothing is abnormal.

Anyway, here's the latest update. I left again the car in the garage and for usual activity of my wife is to start it every wednesday. She said she started it successfully in one attemp but she noticed that it's bit unusual white smoke from the tail pipe but went normal after a while. THis morning, it started as normal as before, one click and no smoke.

Could this be the first speculation of Niky; about condensed water inside the fuel tank?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ch0k0y View Post
    Niky; not really sure if this is a "knocking" sound.
    HorsePower; Yes, Sir! Opened up the hood and check for any unusaul stuffs but nothing is abnormal.

Anyway, here's the latest update. I left again the car in the garage and for usual activity of my wife is to start it every wednesday. She said she started it successfully in one attemp but she noticed that it's bit unusual white smoke from the tail pipe but went normal after a while. THis morning, it started as normal as before, one click and no smoke.

Could this be the first speculation of Niky; about condensed water inside the fuel tank?
    It's possible... enough moisture to change your octane and cause knock, though? That's scary...

I'd fill it up with 95 and drive it around for a while... if nothing else unusual happens, that could be it.

Need Advise....MAZDA 3 hardstart then TOK TOK TOK  Engine Sound