New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    You should've done your homework first. Carmakers rarely (if not at all) state the real world fuel consumption of their vehicles. Furthermore, agents will say anything you want to hear to make a sale.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    yan siguro dahilan why so many people buy Toyota. the more people buying Toyota, the greater the chances owners will figure in some mild accidents. so more owners will be demanding replacement parts. parts that are readily available.

minsan when I encounter some car vs. car minor bumps on the road, tintignan ko kung ano brand ng mga cars involved.

most of the time, i see vios vs. vios, corolla vs. vios, new gen vios vs. prev. gen vios, innova vs. revo, innova vs. innova. taxi vs. corolla or vs. vios. usually taxi Toyota din.

sabi ko, ayos swerte na naman si Toyota nito, dalawang Toyota cars nasiraan ng bumpers? that's X2 orders!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Here's an update, Mazda Quezon Avenue called and asked me if I would still like to have them repair my steering problem. They said that they will set a schedule with their plant technicians to have a look at my unit.

What do you think guys? Should I let them tinker with my car again? I'm afraid it will take several visits to their repair bay again.

Oh, and they also said that Mazda Philippines is aware of this post and they will do something to change my Mazda experience.

Will keep you guys updated.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    give it a shot. hopefully maayos na especially if it's true na mazda/ford phils is watching. it's an opportunity for them for damage control and hopefully better quality and after sales service.

i-schedule mo and make them commit to it. kung di masunod yung sked, alis ka na and never return. most likely, di na rin babalik ibang current and potential customers nila.

sobrang ganda pa naman ng upcoming mazda3, sayang naman kung maturn off mga future customers because of stories like this.

good luck!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ser Kulgan,
    IMO yes u'd better have the casa people/technicians take a look at your vehicle. its freaking brand new and it shouldn't be like that.

and its good that Mazda Phil. is taking a serious look at this issue...and if ur listening. (sorry medyo off-topic).

please offer both 6Manual_T and ( at least ) 5A/T for the upcoming Mazda3.
    people will look at your product as inferior to the Civic's auto tranny if u offer anything less. (though i don't know why Toyota can still get away with 4A/T these days)....

engines should include the cracking new 2.0 DISI (Direct Injection with SISS) that can run A/C with the engine off. so parang semi-hybrid ang compressor nya. haha.

for Common Rail Turbo Diesel engines. it would be wise to consider 1.6CDI (115bhp) & 2.0 (141bhp) {with matching auto & manual tranny combo's}. Though i would recommend you reserve the 2.2li CDI (185bhp -oh yeah baby) to the Mazda6 and Tribute SUV.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Update:

November 5, 2008: Mazda Quezon ave. called to tell me that they have the replacement part for my steering problem. They have a new rack and pinion that is ready to be fitted on my car. They promised to finish the installation in 2 days.

November 6, 2008: I brought the car to Mazda Quezon ave to have them fixed the steering noise problem. They showed me the replacement parts and explained the source of the problem. Finally admitted that there was something wrong.:clap1: They were quite nice, kept me entertained and didn't make me wait too long this time.

November 7, 2008: Mazda Quezon Ave. called again to inform me that my car is ready. That was quite fast, I was expecting to get it the next day. They finished the installation within 24 hours. I test drove the unit with their technician and voila! noise is gone magically! But the steering felt heavier and asked them several times if the rack and pinion wasn't altered in any way and they said yes, it was factory setting. I must have been used to the adjusted lighter setting before. Anyway, I was happy with the outcome. I'll just have to see if it stays that way after several kilometers of use.

The Mazda 6 is a great car but even CBU Japan units are not spared from these kind of problems. It is how the dealer handles the problem that matters.

They fixed the problem as they should but that is after several visits, test drives, adjustments, convincing, letters and finally when I gave up, Posting in this forum. I hope that my bad experience will somehow improve Mazda's services.

I still believe that I do not deserve this. I has caused me stress, wasted my time and money which I cannot get back.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    sakin nga pintuan lang at running board ang papalitan ni Mazda Makati it took 2weeks..ako pag nagrequest sa Insurance na ipa speed up ang process ng cheque kase check upon release...

Mine is Mazda 3...kaka disappoint talaga..2weeks for a simple door?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kulgan View Post
    Update:

November 5, 2008: Mazda Quezon ave. called to tell me that they have the replacement part for my steering problem. They have a new rack and pinion that is ready to be fitted on my car. They promised to finish the installation in 2 days.

November 6, 2008: I brought the car to Mazda Quezon ave to have them fixed the steering noise problem. They showed me the replacement parts and explained the source of the problem. Finally admitted that there was something wrong.:clap1: They were quite nice, kept me entertained and didn't make me wait too long this time.

November 7, 2008: Mazda Quezon Ave. called again to inform me that my car is ready. That was quite fast, I was expecting to get it the next day. They finished the installation within 24 hours. I test drove the unit with their technician and voila! noise is gone magically! But the steering felt heavier and asked them several times if the rack and pinion wasn't altered in any way and they said yes, it was factory setting. I must have been used to the adjusted lighter setting before. Anyway, I was happy with the outcome. I'll just have to see if it stays that way after several kilometers of use.

The Mazda 6 is a great car but even CBU Japan units are not spared from these kind of problems. It is how the dealer handles the problem that matters.

They fixed the problem as they should but that is after several visits, test drives, adjustments, convincing, letters and finally when I gave up, Posting in this forum. I hope that my bad experience will somehow improve Mazda's services.

I still believe that I do not deserve this. I has caused me stress, wasted my time and money which I cannot get back.
    that's good news ser "Kulgan", yes you shouldn't have those problems with a brand new car...but like they always say there's no such thing as "0" defect. let's just hope ur car stays that way - fixed. do give us another update before the year end about your car...ZOOM ZOOM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    In my opinion, your car is jinxed. Malas ika nga.

You should get rid of it. If you really want a Mazda6, get another one, but get rid of the one you have now.

An uncle of mine rejected a Grandia when he saw a tiny scratch in it during turn over. Even cancelled the order. I asked why, sabi nya, malas daw yun. Haven't seen him for a long time, not sure kung bumili pa rin sya.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i have test driven the m6..and the steering feels very light...lighter than the previous version, the m3 and the civic..parang hindi na nga sporty e

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
My 2008 Mazda6 experience