New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    According to carscoop:

So its a high powered FWD car... torque steer?
    Good thing Ford decided to make the Focus ST AWD.
    Actually, the current Focus ST (the one with the Volvo T5) is FWD. There are rumors of AWD in the future, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The last turbo Mazda I've driven was a friend's turbo MX6 which was the equivalent of a 1G Ford Probe GT (turbo 4) back in 1992. It had moderate torque steer, but was fantastic off the line. It could do 0-60 mph in 7 seconds flat with only 145hp from the turbo 4. But it's torque rating was an astounding 190 lb-ft!

I'm betting the MazdaSpeed3 will continue that trend.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    me likes it long time!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    For some reason, the new front does even more wonders than others I've seen.

It would be a plus if Mazda brought it here as long as they add more features on this higher-end variant (ie. Cruise Control, etc.)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Nope. It's uneven loss of traction because of the tires spinning. Imagine that happening up front....Grrr.

But once the car is moving, it's all zoom zoom. With a turbo... when that boost kicks in, it's more like WHOOOOSH! Feel the rush.

ahhh, much like the fastar early Neon SRT4.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yummy!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    ahhh, much like the fastar early Neon SRT4.

OT:

Hmmm. I've forgotten that the first SRT4's were FWD. I imagine the later AWD versions were much heavier. AWD does add a lot of weight. Of course, weight is a turbo's worst enemy.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    OT:

Hmmm. I've forgotten that the first SRT4's were FWD. I imagine the later AWD versions were much heavier. AWD does add a lot of weight. Of course, weight is a turbo's worst enemy.
    2006 Neon SRT4 is AWD?! AFAIK, it's still a FWD.

2006 SRT4 Specs

I could be wrong though.

anyway, akala ko AWD na din ang MazdaSpeed 3 kagaya ng MSP 6.
    Last edited by Karding; February 15th, 2006 at 02:35 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    2006 Neon SRT4 is AWD?! AFAIK, it's still a FWD.

anyway, akala ko AWD na din ang MazdaSpeed 3 kagaya ng MSP 6.
    My bad. Limited Slip Differential isn't spelled A-W-D.

But 210hp is pretty good. Any idea on actual torque figures for the MazdaSpeed 3?

Edit: It'd be nice to see the MazdaSpeed 3 and the turbocharged Focus square off.

Edit: The turbo Focus ST numbers show 6.5 sec 0-60mph, top speed 150 mph.

The MazdaSpeed 3 should be able to match the 0-60mph times, not sure about the top speed.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 15th, 2006 at 03:08 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    langya ka pekto, pinaghanap mo pa ako sa internet ng AWD version ng SRT-4 :evillaugh

Like all other Mazdaspeed products, the 3 will undergo extensive development and thousands of miles of track work to determine proper calibration of its suspension system. As usual, the Mazdaspeed team must walk a fine line, balancing between ride comfort and performance, but must also find ways of eliminating torque steer and improving feedback from the accurate, but numb, electrically-assisted power steering. These concerns have proven to be the downfall of many modern sport compact cars.
    Wala pang actual numbers on MSP3 torque. Pero since MSP3 is 40hp less than MSP6, huhulaan ko na din na 220ft-lb ang sa MSP3.

base dito sa MSP6 specs ang prediction ko, hehehe.
    MSP6
    274 * 5500
    Peak torque (lb-ft)280 * 3000

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Mazdaspeed3 / Mazda3 MPS [Merged]