New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    hmmmm...can you say torque steer?
    Well, Mazda seems so intent on the MazdaSpeed 3 not stealing the MazdaSpeed 6's thunder. They had to give up something. AWD was one of them. Still, turbos are harder to modulate off a stoplight unless you want to make a racket while you keep your boost up. But out in the freeway, a 290hp MazdaSpeed 3 must be amazing.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mazda is claiming a 155 mph top speed.. I have read the article about this but not sure if it was motor trend or car & driver were they tested a MSP 3 on germany's autobahn..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post
    Mazda is claiming a 155 mph top speed.. I have read the article about this but not sure if it was motor trend or car & driver were they tested a MSP 3 on germany's autobahn..
    Probably C&D or R&T. Motor Trend has a tradition of not posting top speeds.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yah that was R&T indeed.. i wonder how much boost the stock motor is running? maybe 13.5 psi? why these automakers nowadays are going forced induction? (eg; saturn sky redline, cobalt ss, caliber srt4)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    More power, lower fuel consumption. Also, forced induction is a good way to make power in these increasingly emissions-strangled times.

RE: Torque steer... Mazda's electronic throttle and traction control work together to keep torque down in the first three gears to prevent torque steer and wheel spin. From all road test accounts, it works very well. I don't doubt that it could successfully quell torque steer even at 290 hp.

I still want to know how it'll do on track against the Golf GTi and the SRT and SS...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I still want to know how it'll do on track against the Golf GTi.
    it'll probably take the GTi, maybe even the R32.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    It still 280ft/lb of torque in the 1st and 2nd gears, be it the stock 263hp or the Mazdaspeed tuned Mazdaspeed3 290Hp.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mazdaspeed3 hatchback turbo