New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Do you think P2,150,000 is reasonable for a 263hp turbo,6 speed with traction control and limited slip dif station wagon?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    imo, not worth it. its front wheel drive diba? kung may ganyang cash ako, mag wrx or wrx sti na ako, yung power delivered to all 4 wheels pa. although its rare nga, but most people won't even notice unlike the Wrx Sti.

Wrx Sti : Php 2.25M
    wrx : 1.7M
    http://www.motorimage.net/PH/files/p.../pricelist.pdf
    Last edited by Negus; January 13th, 2007 at 04:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4 or 2 door? 4 wheel drive?

How's the price compared to the Mitsu EVO & Subaru Impressa WRX base units?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    5 dr hatchback front wheel drive. The WRX is 1.7 EVO IX MR is 2.4
    Last edited by Si 06; January 13th, 2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: d

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    holy kahoonies!!! sir jun! 2.4 na lang ang evo mr???? last time i checked 2.8 pa rin sha... o sayo galing yun mr?? available na rin ang sti dito satin? at 2.2 wow!!! i like ilike ilike!!!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gads... I was hoping it would be possible to get one at 1.7 or 1.8, but I suppose demand is high in the US, so the grey market price is understandably high.

IMHO, worth it naman. The standard 235 hp WRX that you can get for 1.7 has less power and is slightly slower from 0 to 100 km/h. The Mazdaspeed also has a better interior, more space (hatchback kasi) and good looks... a very sophisticated electronic traction control system (road testers report none of the unsettling torque steer you get from other 250+++ hp front wheel drive cars) and a more supple ride make it a better GT (grand tourer... for long distance drives) than the Evo or STi.

Plus, it's unique. That's got to be worth something.

Kaya lang, will the local Mazda be able to maintain it? It may share the same basic engine architecture as the Mazda6, but other items, like the LSD, the injectors, brakes, etcetera, are bespoke.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Demand is really high in the US so you have to spend extra to get units. People who buy imported cars have other cars to use in case of breakdowns and the means($) to pay for parts if needed.
    Last edited by Si 06; January 14th, 2007 at 07:00 AM. Reason: d

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Ramon View Post
    imo, not worth it. its front wheel drive diba? kung may ganyang cash ako, mag wrx or wrx sti na ako, yung power delivered to all 4 wheels pa. although its rare nga, but most people won't even notice unlike the Wrx Sti.

Wrx Sti : Php 2.25M
    wrx : 1.7M
    http://www.motorimage.net/PH/files/p.../pricelist.pdf
    Sir you don't compare a fun family ride to a race car. WRX sti of Motorimage 280hp Gray market WRX STI 320hp

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    Do you think P2,150,000 is reasonable for a 263hp turbo,6 speed with traction control and limited slip dif station wagon?
    Ok naman ang price nyan ha...Diba yan yung sa Standout Motors na Mazdaspeed3 diba?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I might be slanting towards OT here. But, a turbo family car is almost a contradiction in terms. Weight is the greatest enemy of a turbo (besides days with low atmospheric pressure *V8s can go at it anytime, anywhere*) and would have a telling effect on its acceleration unlike a V8 with has all its extra torque to compensate. That's why I rather see turbos in small 2+2 2-door sport coupes like the 1g Eclipse.

The MazdaSpeed 3 would certainly look better with a 2+2 2-door version. Have the backseats too small except for munchkins but still have the trunk space.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mazdaspeed3 hatchback turbo