New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wag na active matic at anong ek-ek! iwan sa full auto mode at iba nalang hawakan mo! hehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravoexo
    Depending on the slope, the activematic mode doesn't go down 2 gears unless nasa incline...
    bro, kaya nga may activematic dahil you can even shift to 1st from 4th. did you see my previous post? I passed the Nissan Frontier on a hill, downshifted from 4th to 2nd. Uphill or Downhill, you can shift two gears up or down with an activematic. Kaya nagtataka ako kung ang conventional A/T is able to shift from 4th to 2nd, then Activematic is nothing but a very expensive future spare part.

Im pretty sure the conventional A/T will be able to shift from 4th to 2nd. The question is, how long before the tranny or engine realize that it needs to downshift again from 4th to 3rd to 2nd when you gun the accelerator? With Activematic, you can 'tap' the tranny from 4th, 3rd, 2nd in 1sec. ;)

There, I should have been more specific when I said 4th to 2nd. I should have said 4th to 2nd in 1sec since the interval is 0.5sec between shifts.

4th to 3rd 0.5sec
    3rd to 2nd 0.5sec

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    wag na active matic at anong ek-ek! iwan sa full auto mode at iba nalang hawakan mo! hehe
    baka naman ma aksidente ako nyan kapatid....hahaha

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
mazda's activematic transmission