New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    but remember though, an ordinary, conventional A/T (or the "activematic" left in D) WILL ALSO instantaneously (well, at least if the tranny is a good one hehehe) downshift when you punch the accelerator, even from 4th to 2nd if need be. don't get the idea that only by toggling buttons in "activematic" mode will you get this result. such "manumatic" overrides are most useful if the tranny is dumb, or if you're racing... other than those, medyo gimmick nalang yan (don't get me wrong though, gimmicks are usually fun while they last). hehe.
    But in fairness to those manufacturers e.g. Mazda & Mitsu. those manumatics do have some shift times improvement than the prev. generation slush boxes.

with regard to a CVT, as far as i know, a CVT will also improve performance... or at least, it has the potential to... aside from also improving fuel economy.
    i would say CVT equipped vehicles accelerate faster than those with conventional slushboxes but still behind that of the more direct MT.

come to think of it, "7-speed CVT" is a paradox hehehe.
    Well yes because we all know CVT's really don't have gears in them, just think of it this say those 7-speed just means they have pre-determined gates (approx. gear ratio's) hence called x-speed.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    exactly my point... "X-Speed CVT" is more marketing than anything, imo

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Does this have something to do with Rev drops? May rev drops ba sa CVT?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WILL ALSO instantaneously (well, at least if the tranny is a good one hehehe) downshift when you punch the accelerator,
    instantaneously? Not from my experience. Most of the time, the throttle is at WOT when you gun the accelerator and takes a bit more time for the tranny to realize that the driver wants to downshift. On the other hand, when you downshift the activematic and gun the accelerator, then you have the WOT and lower gear power to get the desired 'instant/quick/0.5secs' response. From what I know, A/T doesnt shift from 4th to 2nd when you gun the accelerator. A/T downshifts at next lower gear but not two lower gears.

ParakitoJDM, 5A/T will also be available with the USDM Mazda3 along with auto-climate control, traction control and a LED tails for hatch.

Sayang karding sana hinintay mo nalang yung 5speed A/T Mazda3. Zoom Zoom!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Sayang karding sana hinintay mo nalang yung 5speed A/T Mazda3. Zoom Zoom!
    kung hinintay ko, maglalakad ako "to and from work" until October... :hihihi:

tama na ito, wag mo na demonyohin mag trade-in next year! :twak:

Magkano ba resale value ng Mazda3? konteng dagdag na lang. :hihihi:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    nag shishift ang conventional a/t from 4th to 2nd depends on ur need pag full throttle sa 4th it would go down to 2nd diba

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marv0083
    nag shishift ang conventional a/t from 4th to 2nd depends on ur need pag full throttle sa 4th it would go down to 2nd diba
    According to the 04 Sentra's owners manual, it shifts down to a lower gear. So, I am under the impression that A/T doesnt shift two gears down. If so, I stand corrected.

Therefore, useless nga ang activematic. May pa shift shift pang nalalaman ang mazda, depress the gas pedal all the way lang pala. PWE! :hihihi:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Depending on the slope, the activematic mode doesn't go down 2 gears unless nasa incline...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
mazda's activematic transmission