New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    MZR engines are much more fuel efficient than of previous Mazda Engines. just as efficient as Toyota's or Honda's w/ Similar Displacement.
    i cannot reconcile this statement with my 6.9km/L all city driving.
    my colleague gets 9km/L with the R18 civic.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Pardon my ignorance...the MZR engine is what is on the current Mazda 3. While the variable valve timing engine is called a VVT? Is this right?

Which engine is more (fuel) efficient?

TIA

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Ok yan ha standard na yung dual airbags at ABS sa basic entry level na Mazda3....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Ok yan ha standard na yung dual airbags at ABS sa basic entry level na Mazda3....
    Hinda daw eh...
    the S spec is the same as before pa daw. The hatch is V-spec level na. That's what my agent said...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Parang ganun pa din ah.hehehe.
    So wala pa rin MT ito?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not too convincing. May order na sana ako last May for the old V variant kaya lang naubos na yung stock. The agent tried to convince me to wait for this "all new" model. After browsing through the Mazda US site, I got an idea already on what it will look like.

So, I got a Civic S A/T instead with fog lights and, leatherete seats and backup sensor as freebies before the price hike takes effect.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    i cannot reconcile this statement with my 6.9km/L all city driving.
    my colleague gets 9km/L with the R18 civic.

Honda's latest R18 is probably the top one to beat in terms of Power per economy. heck the New Civic has even slightly better FC on the HighWay based on the 2008 EPA compared to the 1.5vTEC Jazz/fit (which is also have).... anways i was referring to the MZR 2.0 vs. K20Z3. those two engines arent far apart in terms of Fuel Consumption, the Mazda's might be slightly more fuel efficient but Honda's K20 seems to have higher HP rating...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    2.0 versus 2.0, yes, the consumption is similar. In fact, the K series is kinda thirsty for a Honda block.

As for the R18 versus the 1.5 VTEC on the EPA, the 1.8 Civic has longer gearing than the Jazz, which gives it the better EPA rating. In terms of city driving, the 1.8 is still comparable to a 1.6.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *niky,

so which is which? is the 'S' spec (entry level) equipped with ABS already? or was my agent correct in stating that the hatch now has the spec of the 'V' (dual airbag, ABS, electronic climate control) albeit at 879K vs 849K previously?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sorry, man, I left my press pack at home. I think that's true. And it's about time. Of course, it would be even better if the 2.0 came in hatch form, as the 2.0 is more a "lifestyle" choice than a "practical sedan-man" choice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Mazda3 2007 Model Update now out!