New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 2.0 is still claimed at 145 hp... we were hoping for an even 150 hp or more, but the important thing is how it'll feel on the road. With the transmission still the same old 4-speed AT, though, it'll probably feel the same... with maybe a bit more midrange push.
    Any feedback on the fuel economy of the new variable valve timing engine? The only thing that's stopping me from choosing a Mazda 3 is its poor fuel economy...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    May idea ba kayo ng prices nitong bago?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Suggested retail price is nearly the same as the old one. Starting at 799, I think... but the base version already has airbags and ABS.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Any feedback on the fuel economy of the new variable valve timing engine? The only thing that's stopping me from choosing a Mazda 3 is its poor fuel economy...
    Truthfully, we won't know till they've been broken in. Reports say that the Duratec/MZRs consume much less gas as they get "broken in"... leading me to believe that they're very "tight" engines. Thus, initial fuel economy figures from testers at under 1000 kms on the odometer won't show much.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Suggested retail price is nearly the same as the old one. Starting at 799, I think... but the base version already has airbags and ABS.
    WTF?!! Malas!

You're saying the entry-level model has dual airbags and ABS already like the 04-06 'V' spec?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    that's good news, entry level with aBS and airbags.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Bad news for me and our 1200-km Mazda3

It would most probably be ABS and single airbag, just like the focus.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ganyan talaga

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hmmm...

Called up Mazda Greenhills and ang sabi sa akin 10K off daw from the current prices na posted sa site nila this means base model will be at 789K and the S spec will have a price of 879K.

Sabi pa nung naka usap ko baka pwede pa daw nilang maibigay yung 100K discount on the current / outgoing models.

So ano kaya ang maganda?

Old version S trim or new version V (base model) trim?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^Mazda claims they have done 100 or so improvements/changes for this newly facelifted model. I guess if you dont mind the old model then, why not? The amount you save is good for a few years of insurance and maintenance.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    MZR engines are much more fuel efficient than of previous Mazda Engines. just as efficient as Toyota's or Honda's w/ Similar Displacement.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Mazda3 2007 Model Update now out!