img_9.jpg
    Grats!!!![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    where is that place!
    it looks like a car museum!
    It is the "Mazda Classic Automobile Museum Frey" in Augsburg, Germany.

Frey’s Mazda Classic Car Museum, the Mazda Museum in Augsburg

This is now my wife's third Mazda 2, and the dealership where we have purchased all 3 has been Automobile Frey in Augsburg. The father, Mr Walter Frey is a technology freak and mechanic. Mr Frey senior was intrigued by the rotary Wankel engine and started collecting everything to do with rotary engines. Later he then attained a Mazda franchise and started not only collecting anything to do with rotary engines, but also anything to do with Mazda. The Frey family own what is probably the largest collection of Mazda cars outside of Japan and opened the museum in 2017. They had already secured the MX-5 and Mazda 3 100th. Anniversary Edition models, shown in the second from last photo, for the museum, and when we enquired about a Mazda 2 100th. Anniversary Edition Markus Frey pilled out all the stops to secure us a car and offered that we did the handover in the museum. The first picture in the posts above is just after the car arrived at the dealership. All the others are at the museum and the final photo, outside of the museum shows my wifes last Mazda 2 together with her new Mazda 2 100th. Anniversary Edition.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by A RO-95 View Post
    It is the "Mazda Classic Automobile Museum Frey" in Augsburg, Germany.

Frey’s Mazda Classic Car Museum, the Mazda Museum in Augsburg

This is now my wife's third Mazda 2, and the dealership where we have purchased all 3 has been Automobile Frey in Augsburg. The father, Mr Walter Frey is a technology freak and mechanic. Mr Frey senior was intrigued by the rotary Wankel engine and started collecting everything to do with rotary engines. Later he then attained a Mazda franchise and started not only collecting anything to do with rotary engines, but also anything to do with Mazda. The Frey family own what is probably the largest collection of Mazda cars outside of Japan and opened the museum in 2017. They had already secured the MX-5 and Mazda 3 100th. Anniversary Edition models, shown in the second from last photo, for the museum, and when we enquired about a Mazda 2 100th. Anniversary Edition Markus Frey pilled out all the stops to secure us a car and offered that we did the handover in the museum. The first picture in the posts above is just after the car arrived at the dealership. All the others are at the museum and the final photo, outside of the museum shows my wifes last Mazda 2 together with her new Mazda 2 100th. Anniversary Edition.
    Wow!!!! Grats some more, sir...much much more!!![emoji120][emoji106][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Good day! Sorry if in case this has been addressed before but I'd like to know if it is possible to have the android auto software installed into the original head unit or it is really necessary to get the entire thing replaced by Mazda? I am hoping a reliable third party installation is possible that will be fully compatible with the original touchscreen MZD connect head unit. I bought my Mazda2 V+ in 2017 so it did not come with android auto.

Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by taxo_p View Post
    Good day! Sorry if in case this has been addressed before but I'd like to know if it is possible to have the android auto software installed into the original head unit or it is really necessary to get the entire thing replaced by Mazda? I am hoping a reliable third party installation is possible that will be fully compatible with the original touchscreen MZD connect head unit. I bought my Mazda2 V+ in 2017 so it did not come with android auto.

Thanks!
    V+ is the TOTL right? It already has the commander dial on the center console? If so then Android Auto and Apple Carplay can be easily installed on it. It just requires the correct software and the updated USB module.

Option 1 is to give the casa a call. Option 2 (the one I took) is to contact Mikstore on FB and ask if they still have modules available. Hardware install is easy. It's the software update that takes a while.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Mazda2 [MERGED]