New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hello Tributeers!
    My uncle is selling his 2004 Tribute for 300k. Full body kit, 22inch rims, the works!
    My plan was, before buying it, i wanted to have it checked out at the Mazda Casa to see what needs replacing or fixing. Then have them plug in their computer to the Tribute to see any further problems that might be present.
    So here's my question, any idea how much a checkup/computer diagnosis will cost at the Mazda Casa? And/or if there's a place outside of the casa that can do the same thing?
    I've already put off 50k for repairs just in case.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Anyone experience some erratic/rough idling and eventual stalling on the Tribute? And the check engine light going on?

Have had the ECU read and the CEL reset and it'll run fine for a few days, and then problem comes back again.

New oil change, new spark plugs, battery still good. What gives?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Guys,

Anyone experience some erratic/rough idling and eventual stalling on the Tribute? And the check engine light going on?

Have had the ECU read and the CEL reset and it'll run fine for a few days, and then problem comes back again.

New oil change, new spark plugs, battery still good. What gives?
    *IMm29 - have your ignition coils checked. I've had problems before with mine. 2 of the ignition coils (total of 6 coils) were misfiring reason why there's erratic/rough idling. After I had them replaced, idling went back to normal. Re: stalling - you can start engine but doesn't idle or stalled while engine running?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Need some advise: My friend Tribute 3.0 nagloloko ang dashboard (instrument panels) like to fuel gauge suddenly went down despite full pa siya and the speedometer went sagad tapos back to normall again, the power window won't open. The battery wala pa one year. Anyone who encouter these problems? TIA.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *jdjoeydean:
    As for the speedometer, there's a sensor that measures the speed of the vehicle via RPMs. i had this problem with another car before..it was an easy fix..i think they just replaced the sensor.
    For the fuel tank...it could be the floater mechanism in the tank. or it could be a faulty fuse/wire. As long as you can locate the wire..u can trace it and see if there's any split wires or if the fuse/relay isn't working properly. for mine it was a relay. i just removed the relay and soldered the wires together.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    *jdjoeydean:
    As for the speedometer, there's a sensor that measures the speed of the vehicle via RPMs. i had this problem with another car before..it was an easy fix..i think they just replaced the sensor.
    For the fuel tank...it could be the floater mechanism in the tank. or it could be a faulty fuse/wire. As long as you can locate the wire..u can trace it and see if there's any split wires or if the fuse/relay isn't working properly. for mine it was a relay. i just removed the relay and soldered the wires together.
    Thank you Sir for the quick reply. Galing na po sa casa check everything wiring, etc.... none so far. Anyway will double check the one you mention. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    sir anong feedback nyo sa sunroof ng tribute? di ba madali mag leak?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Hi,

Na encounter nyo na ba loose heat shield on the exhaust ng mazda tribute? when idle ang ingay ng sasakyon ko parang diesel

Thanks,

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    guys im planning to get a 2nd hand 2009 tribute any tips? what's the FC and how much is the PMS?
    thanks

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hello tribby owners,

wanted to get your opinion/s on the 2005 mazda tribute with regards to parts and maintenance.
    planning on getting one but with a busted auto tranny. owner is selling it dirt cheap (i guess) at 150k.
    are parts such as this readily available? surplus? replacement parts?
    thanks for your insights

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sagmaw View Post
    hello tribby owners,

wanted to get your opinion/s on the 2005 mazda tribute with regards to parts and maintenance.
    planning on getting one but with a busted auto tranny. owner is selling it dirt cheap (i guess) at 150k.
    are parts such as this readily available? surplus? replacement parts?
    thanks for your insights
    guys ,

What Happen to Tribute? still alive?

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435