New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    may recall daw!!??

http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/04/11/...all/index.html

does anybody have an idea kung kasama sa recall yun phil version na tributes? thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hello people.

It's been over a year now since I had my ride. I remember reading threads about poor fuel consumption & the difficulty of going up steep roads by the Tribute and here's my take on these issues.

It is only now that I had the opportunity to bring our stock Tribute to Baguio. And the following are my deductions.

1) fuel consumption was about 10 kms/li
    2) there was no problem climbing the zigzag kenon road or the steep, uphill streets of Baguio at full load (4 adults and trunk full of cargo).

My conclusion on both issues that's bugging me before I made this trip:

1) The large rims really make a difference in a vehicle's performance. Physics has proven that a larger wheel radius require more effort to turn the wheels. This explains the low FC and the difficult climb experienced by the other Tribute/Escape users I read somewhere. I thought a few inches was negligible to the engine
    2) I also believe that driving skills is also a factor (ex. accelarating prior to an uphill climb instead of shifting to low gear in the middle of the climb, etc)
    3) That the Tribute starts off on 2nd gear and shifts to 1st only when it finds it difficult to climb (maybe another reason why other owners had difficulty climbing uphill). Shifting to a lower gear in the middle of a steep climb would prove to be difficult to continue for any vehicle. Solution to these long steep climbs is to shift to 1st gear from the beginning of the climb.

If and when you have done these steps and the car still has difficulty doing steep climbs, then we can conclude that the engine is really inadequate

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the performance of the Tribute. I have not experienced it gasping for breath

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    meron pa ba tribu group? i own a 2005 tribute kasi. I installed 20 inch rims and sound set-up

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    Hello people.

It's been over a year now since I had my ride. I remember reading threads about poor fuel consumption & the difficulty of going up steep roads by the Tribute and here's my take on these issues.

It is only now that I had the opportunity to bring our stock Tribute to Baguio. And the following are my deductions.

1) fuel consumption was about 10 kms/li
    2) there was no problem climbing the zigzag kenon road or the steep, uphill streets of Baguio at full load (4 adults and trunk full of cargo).

My conclusion on both issues that's bugging me before I made this trip:

1) The large rims really make a difference in a vehicle's performance. Physics has proven that a larger wheel radius require more effort to turn the wheels. This explains the low FC and the difficult climb experienced by the other Tribute/Escape users I read somewhere. I thought a few inches was negligible to the engine
    2) I also believe that driving skills is also a factor (ex. accelarating prior to an uphill climb instead of shifting to low gear in the middle of the climb, etc)
    3) That the Tribute starts off on 2nd gear and shifts to 1st only when it finds it difficult to climb (maybe another reason why other owners had difficulty climbing uphill). Shifting to a lower gear in the middle of a steep climb would prove to be difficult to continue for any vehicle. Solution to these long steep climbs is to shift to 1st gear from the beginning of the climb.

If and when you have done these steps and the car still has difficulty doing steep climbs, then we can conclude that the engine is really inadequate

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the performance of the Tribute. I have not experienced it gasping for breath
    I agree. How one drives his car can make a big difference. Is your Tribby a v6? Coz that's a nice consumption figure

Haven't felt the V6 Tribute and Escape gasp for breath, though, especially from a crawl. It was during high speed climbs in the US that I felt a bit of a lag. Then again, that was on wide US highways, and the guys leaving me behind had 8 cylinders and heavier feet. Not so in the local setting.

Quote Originally Posted by _mig View Post
    meron pa ba tribu group? i own a 2005 tribute kasi. I installed 20 inch rims and sound set-up
    Hmmm... Sounds like jamescibie's set-up. Paging the Tribe. Natuloy nga ba ang Tribe? Hehehe!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    [QUOTE=IMm29;939705 Is your Tribby a v6? Coz that's a nice consumption figure QUOTE]

I always wonder what it would be like if i had chosen the V6 variant?

Nope, i have the 2.3L model. So far have not heard much from the V6 owners except for those that say it's a guzzler; no rebuke from others that this isnt true so I guess it really is a guzzler. Oh well ....

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wow...its been a while since i posted sa tsikot....hehe...anyway, medyo nagagastusan na ko sa gas consumption ng tribute...haha....im form angeles kasi and my gf is in las pinas...1500 na agad average sa gas pa lang wala pa toll...hahaha...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yung barkada ko may tribute.....Ang lakassssssssss daw sa gas......

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by docchris View Post
    wow...its been a while since i posted sa tsikot....hehe...anyway, medyo nagagastusan na ko sa gas consumption ng tribute...haha....im form angeles kasi and my gf is in las pinas...1500 na agad average sa gas pa lang wala pa toll...hahaha...
    docchris: if i remember it correctly, yours is a V6, right?

with the amount you indicated, it would get you around 35 liters of gasoline in today's prices so you average around 7-8 kms/li, that's from angeles to paranaque (hiway-city driving; ~250kms roundtrip). if my assumptions are accurate, i think i can now gauge the consumption of the V6: you get 1-2kms off the milage of a 2.3L in exchange for speed and power not a bad trade-off if you are not complaining about fuel costs!

suv: i think a 7 km/li fuel consumption for a car this size in the city is not that bad. try looking at the fuel consumption of an altis or a civic and i think you will agree with me. if you're used to driving a vios, getz, picanto, etc, you will surely feel the pinch in fuel costs but in exchange, you get better response and comfort if you are getting below 6 km/li on a 2.3L, then i guess you have a driver that sleeps with the engine and aircon turned-on while waiting for you when you are shopping

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

with the amount you indicated, it would get you around 35 liters of gasoline in today's prices so you average around 7-8 kms/li, that's from angeles to paranaque (hiway-city driving; ~250kms roundtrip). if my assumptions are accurate, i think i can now gauge the consumption of the V6: you get 1-2kms off the milage of a 2.3L in exchange for speed and power not a bad trade-off if you are not complaining about fuel costs!
    I got 8 Kms/L on a V6 Escape in the States. And that was mostly freeway driving. So your consumption with your V6 Tribbie, as per mojojojo's estimation, is acceptable. I get about the same consumption with the 2.0L Gen 5 Camry, mixed city/highway, that's about 60 horses down on power from your ride.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007

sir, 2.3 lang...jsut got the tribute this year, so there wasnt any v6 model..hmm, actually sir i was kind of inaccurate with my fuel expenses. 1500 would actually kind of take me from angeles to laspinas, las pinas to st lukes, st lukes to some mall, mall to las pinas, las pinas back to home. hehe...well..come to think of it, it doesnt sound pretty bad. i guess im just used to the costs of driving the mazda 3. hehe...too bad my m3 is coded during the day of the week that i get to travel to NCR....hehe....