New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    who has the 2007, 2.3 L version? how much mileage do you guys get per liter of gasoline? gas guzzler ba?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Anybody able to buy a matting for the cargo/trunk of the Tribute? I saw some pics on ebay but it has to be shipped here pa.

Better if can source locally at a reasonable price. If not, how do you protect the carpet from spills and dirt? Need some ideas.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wala ba sa banawe or sa casa? they probably have it there?...am enjoying the tribute...fuel economy isnt as bad as others say. hehe...though i still havent computed for its consumption.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by docchris View Post
    wala ba sa banawe or sa casa? they probably have it there?...am enjoying the tribute...fuel economy isnt as bad as others say. hehe...though i still havent computed for its consumption.
    docchris,

enjoy your tribute. it's quite a comfortable car to ride & drive. And with the new throttle system , your version should be more responsive (daw) than our 2006 model, which to me is already not bad

as for the fuel consumption, my average is ~7km/li considering its a 2.3L, not as bad as others say (1.6L sedans consume somewhere in this range already). just make sure you dont modify much on your wheels and you dont use a driver to drive you around (he sleeps with the aircon turned on while waiting for you ), this consumption will stay valid. also, the fuel consumption will improve and stabilize when you pass the 5000kms mark.

i dont go to banawe like i used to before. casa pricing is a no-no; you know you can get a better deal than what they offer. i just rely on recommendations & friends in the industry. no more time to window shop hehe

comfort & performance is what i look for in this car segment so i dont really mind if the looks dont seem flashy enough to others, electronic features seem inadequate, fuel consumpion sucks as compared to the Vios and resale value is as bad as a ford expedition; as long as it serves you well and you enjoy the ride

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mojojojo,
    thanks form those encouraging words..hehe...new car smell is reall good...hahaha....i really am enjoying it na..hehe...although its a gift for my mom, i still get to drive it when shes lazy or tired. hehehe. when you say not to modify too much, are 18's acceptable?

by the way, youre not mojojojo from magic 899 naman di ba? hehe...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    mojojojo,
    thanks form those encouraging words..hehe...new car smell is reall good...hahaha....i really am enjoying it na..hehe...although its a gift for my mom, i still get to drive it when shes lazy or tired. hehehe. when you say not to modify too much, are 18's acceptable?

by the way, youre not mojojojo from magic 899 naman di ba? hehe...
    Duuuhh....nope. Me am not radio personality guy. I just idolize the monkey for standing up to the heroes

For the tires/rims, I read from an Escape forum as well as a tribute in this forum (kay 3ple4 yata) that their vehicles consume a lot of gas. Both of them changed their tires to larger ones so. Larger diameter tires require the engine/transmission to exert more effort (physics principle on torque yata) to move it. So if you do decide to change your tires to a larger one as well, let us know your fuel consumption after that and if you experience a thirstier tribute, then my theory is verified

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    oh ok...hehe...i think i wont go to that route anymore...ill just stick with it as is....hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    For the tires/rims, I read from an Escape forum as well as a tribute in this forum (kay 3ple4 yata) that their vehicles consume a lot of gas. Both of them changed their tires to larger ones so. Larger diameter tires require the engine/transmission to exert more effort (physics principle on torque yata) to move it. So if you do decide to change your tires to a larger one as well, let us know your fuel consumption after that and if you experience a thirstier tribute, then my theory is verified
    Yep, once you Go Big Time with those rims, expect more fuel consumption. It's in part due to the additional weight, and the difference in overall diameter, assuming you don't plus-size correctly. The problem with plus-sizing correctly, your wheel and tire combo sometimes looks smaller, which is why when I upgrade, I end up with a bigger wheel and tire combo. Oh well.

oh ok...hehe...i think i wont go to that route anymore...ill just stick with it as is....hehe
    Talaga? Wag. Stock is evil! Upgrade!!!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    my 3.0 tribies is running at ave. of 7km/l , the highest I got was 8.91 km/lt baguio/laoag/candon with max speed of 100km/h or 1.5k to 2K rpm only. Ang maganda with the v6. kahit 1.5K rpm mo nasa 80kph na takbo mo eh. so di birit ang engine nya kaya ok ang fuel consumption nya. But when you do quick accelaration at parating mataas ang rpm mo, mga 6km/l lang siguro aabutin mo But I must say this car has a nice ride at comportable.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Talaga? Wag. Stock is evil! Upgrade!!!

hehe...i got the impression kasi that upgrading isnt practical..hehe...and i dont know how to choose the right combination anyways...by the way mga how much for a set of good wheels and tires kaya?

medyo mataas tlaga fuel consumption no frank clean? i wonder if the crv does any better...