New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    [QUOTE=IMm29;748431]Nice grille Planning to go the sounds route as well? ;)

Sounds.... hmmmm.... haven't made up my mind yet. I do have 2 Kicker 15" L7 Solobarics and 2 Kicker Class D 350watt/rms amps stashed away. It's from a set-up in Kia Carnival which I gave to my son (that Carnival still has 1 Kicker 15" L7, 1 Lanzar 1000 watt/rms amp, 1 Sony Xplod amp, 2 sets of Kicker separates, Pioneer HU controling a Pioneer 50-disc CD changer, and an iPod dock/fm transmitter). I took out 2 of the subs because he's not the responsible boomer type. BTW, I subsrcribe to SOund Quality which I believe should not leave out the lowest frequencies (25 & below) which only big subs can reach.

If I do decide to upgrade the sound system (the brochure says there's a subwoofer in the back but I can't see what it looks like cause it's behind a grill and you have to remove the right rear panel to see it) I'll have to buy a new HU, EQ, XO, ana an additional amp for new separates.

I've been dreaming of getting the new Pioneer HU. The one that can monitor and display your car's vital functions. I hope it has nav.

But right now, I'm not too keen on adding the super heavy weight of the MDF boxes that the subs require. But who knows...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE=jamescibie;748750]
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Nice grille Planning to go the sounds route as well? ;)

Sounds.... hmmmm.... haven't made up my mind yet. I do have 2 Kicker 15" L7 Solobarics and 2 Kicker Class D 350watt/rms amps stashed away. It's from a set-up in Kia Carnival which I gave to my son (that Carnival still has 1 Kicker 15" L7, 1 Lanzar 1000 watt/rms amp, 1 Sony Xplod amp, 2 sets of Kicker separates, Pioneer HU controling a Pioneer 50-disc CD changer, and an iPod dock/fm transmitter). I took out 2 of the subs because he's not the responsible boomer type. BTW, I subsrcribe to SOund Quality which I believe should not leave out the lowest frequencies (25 & below) which only big subs can reach.

If I do decide to upgrade the sound system (the brochure says there's a subwoofer in the back but I can't see what it looks like cause it's behind a grill and you have to remove the right rear panel to see it) I'll have to buy a new HU, EQ, XO, ana an additional amp for new separates.

I've been dreaming of getting the new Pioneer HU. The one that can monitor and display your car's vital functions. I hope it has nav.

But right now, I'm not too keen on adding the super heavy weight of the MDF boxes that the subs require. But who knows...
    Who knows, indeed

50 disc changer? Whoa! That's a lot of discs. Hehehe! And a lot of bass. But yeah, there's such a thing as a responsible boomer.

There is a puny subwoofer in the back. I dunno, 6.5" sub, perhaps? The stock set-up for the v6 is better than quite a few Jap stock setups, but a far cry from what you're used to. In the meantime, make the most of what it has to offer while you're planning your set up. Chances are once you throw in the MDF boxes, your fuel consumption will get worse. Hehehe!

Btw, have you gotten used to your new blings already?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Btw, have you gotten used to your new blings already?
    My Butt Hurts.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescibie View Post
    My Ass Hurts.
    Hehehe! Good luck

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi! San kaya merong lowering springs compatible w Tribute? Mga 2" drop. I have never lowered a vehicle before... am i right in assuming that name brand springs such as H&R can lower a vehicle while maintaining a soft ride? Before I scout around Banawe, can anyone point me in the right direction of possible shops? Salamat!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice grille Planning to go the sounds route as well? ;)
    Can't the sales agent give you a dummy sales invoice or something like that to allow you to "legally" use the vehicle without the plates? An agent from Honda did this to my friend's City so she could drive it without plates for an additional week or two after the first sales invoice "expired".
    we have this on the tribby.
    i think total of 4weeks extension yung copy na meron kami.
    although right now, nasa province lang yung unit.
    so useless din.
    hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi! San kaya merong lowering springs compatible w Tribute? Mga 2" drop. I have never lowered a vehicle before... am i right in assuming that name brand springs such as H&R can lower a vehicle while maintaining a soft ride? Before I scout around Banawe, can anyone point me in the right direction of possible shops? Salamat!
    I think Makna Marketing distributes H&R. A lot of shops in Banawe should be able to help you with them. If you just want to canvass, don't bring your Tribby muna. Baka tumaas ang bigay sa yo at maporma na ang oto mo. Hehehe!

I used to have their Sport Springs (1.5" drop) on my Camry. No matter what they say that the feel is the same as stock springs, there is still a degradation in ride, in some rides more than others of course. Tumagtag ng konti compared to stock springs ang Camry ko. But then, you're closer to the ground and there's a little less play in your springs, what did you expect?

Espelir (2" drop) which is distributed by Autoplus is also good. A friend of mine with the same Camry as mine tried H&R first (1.5" drop) and then, nung nabitin siya, tried Espelir (2" drop). According to him, mas ok daw ride niya nung naka Espelir. Ako naman, ok na sa 1.5" drop. Right now, since I'm not the only riding and driving the Camry, balik muna stock springs para di kawawa ang oto, at hindi sumayad ang 20s kahit puno. Hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by jappy View Post
    we have this on the tribby.
    i think total of 4weeks extension yung copy na meron kami.
    although right now, nasa province lang yung unit.
    so useless din.
    hehehe.
    Hehehe! Nakakainis talaga tong gobyerno natin. They demand you to travel only once they've issued you your plates and they'll apprehend if you don't. But then, it takes forever for them to issue you your plates, so do they expect you to not make use of your car which you've plunked a whole lot of dough to acquire?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Geez, thanks so much IMm29 (RUreally29?hehe). After reading your post,, zoom-zoomed over to Autoplus. They had a LAST set of Espelir (tama ba yung Espeling?) for Tribute's. Hindi ko dala si Tribbie but bought the set and plan to return tomorrow (free installation). The salesdude (John) was honest enough to inform me that, unavoidably, (very) slightly stiffer ang ride. Can't wait to have 'em installed tomorrow... salamat uli! 20's on a Camry!!?? WeeeHoooh!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Geez, thanks so much IMm29 (RUreally29?hehe). After reading your post,, zoom-zoomed over to Autoplus. They had a LAST set of Espelir (tama ba yung Espeling?) for Tribute's. Hindi ko dala si Tribbie but bought the set and plan to return tomorrow (free installation). The salesdude (John) was honest enough to inform me that, unavoidably, (very) slightly stiffer ang ride. Can't wait to have 'em installed tomorrow... salamat uli! 20's on a Camry!!?? WeeeHoooh!!!
    Yes, I'm 29, but just until the end of this year. Hehehe!

Man, this is going to be one sweet Tribby!

Tama Espeling ng Espelir. At mukhang tama din ang bagsak niyan sa 20s mo. I'm sure your butt will get used to the stiffer ride. Just like the guys with Evos, whose left feet get stronger with more use of their hot rides ;)

OT: Here's some pix of the Camry.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/599474

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Guys!, In my butt's opinion, hindi naging masmatagtag dahil sa lowering springs. Tapos I don't know if I'm just imagining things... but the Trib suddenly handles and feels as if it lost lots of weight... weird, but nice weird.

BTW, did some before n after measurements - front was lowered abt 2 1/4"; rear abt 1 3/4". According to the Autoplus guys, "Lalapat pa yan" after about 2 weeks.

To IMm29, many thanks again for the heads up referral!