New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescibie View Post
    Am now in Baguio (great way to break in the new Tribbie [Tribby?]). Man ,what a ride up. Though I never went past 2000rpm, the car sailed along effortlessly up Kennon. And it handled so much like a small sedan specially so on curves.
    So advice about the 18" rims with low profiles is well taken. I do want to maintain the current handling which might might be adversely affected by fat tires or gigantic wheels.
    And, yes, great idea...I'd love to be part of a Tribute Club, or at least a Mazda Club
    So how was the consumption to and from Baguio? The Tribby does drive like a tall car (zoom-zoom indeed ;) ). Just be careful when cornering, you might forget you're in an SUV. IMO, the nice thing about 18s, aside from the looks, are the handling benefits. I find the stock 215/70r16s to be quite small and narrow for the car's power. It'll handle better with wider tires. Go with 20s for more bling factor tho

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uy sama din dito.
    hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I haven't gotten around to computing mileage. Cguro pagkatapos ng break in or 1000km. I did notice na sobrang liit ata ng fuel tank ni Tribbie. P1,500 lang halos fulll na.
    Took the Nestea plunge yesterday and went to Dubshop. After much contemplation, drooling, and discussions with the sales staff and manager, the winner is... 20" Elegance wrapped with 255/40 Toyo. Now here's the catch; handling (steering, cornering) seems unchanged. Pero the ride feels a bit bumpier, sobrang nipis ata napili kong rubber. Kasya pa kaya 50 series?The 40 series fit perfectly... walang sumasayad pag steering all the way left or right.
    On the Tribbie Club that appears to be materializing... hell, I'd be a gung-ho and active member. But being the introvert that I am (aside from the fact that I've only had my first mazda for 5 days so my Tribbie knowledge is in its infancy), I can't be one of the organizers/leaders. Why don't we just have a very informal, disorganized EB as a first stepping stone. Any other alcoholics out there?

Tagal LTO release plaka!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I haven't gotten around to computing mileage. Cguro pagkatapos ng break in or 1000km. I did notice na sobrang liit ata ng fuel tank ni Tribbie. P1,500 lang halos fulll na.
    Took the Nestea plunge yesterday and went to Dubshop. After much contemplation, drooling, and discussions with the sales staff and manager, the winner is... 20" Elegance wrapped with 255/40 Toyo. Now here's the catch; handling (steering, cornering) seems unchanged. Pero the ride feels a bit bumpier, sobrang nipis ata napili kong rubber. Kasya pa kaya 50 series?The 40 series fit perfectly... walang sumasayad pag steering all the way left or right.
    Wow! Nice ride. Nice rims Overall, they're bigger than the stock 16" wheels and tires, but they still seem a bit thin. But then, that's the diff between 16s and 20s. Anyhow, if you did go bigger, you'd mess with your speedo calibration all the more. Ride will be bumpier because you're now on low profile rubber bands instead of the high profile rubber. Ingat lang sa lubak. Handling and cornering should improve. Do post how your fuel consumption on 20s goes tho.

Good luck with the Tribby Club Can I drop by with my Mom's (bonestock) Tribby when you have your EBs? ;)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    nice ride....where'd you got those grills? yap i agree....we can set up an informal eb to set things up....lets set a date and location na malapit sa lahat......a drinking eb perhaps....hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sama ako.
    hehehe.
    nice grills indeed.
    tsk tsk tsk
    those 20"s are really a bling factor to the ride.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    From what I'm seeing, I foresee we're gonna have a Tribute Club w/ 4 members. Oh well, it's not quantity but size right? (or something like that). Yeah, you would wonder about those grills... they're one off.. meaning homemade. The aluminum black grils are Foliatec from concord but I cut and massaged them to fit with some elbow grease.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    great job on those grills man......four member are better than none....i thinks its ok start with a few then start building it up dba..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Seven days down. Sabi ng sales agent it will take 2 weeks for LTO to release plates (1 month if u want ending #7,8,or 9). In the meantime I'll have to patintero with the Moronic Masochistic Devil's A#ses (MMDA).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice grille Planning to go the sounds route as well? ;)

Seven days down. Sabi ng sales agent it will take 2 weeks for LTO to release plates (1 month if u want ending #7,8,or 9). In the meantime I'll have to patintero with the Moronic Masochistic Devil's A#ses (MMDA).
    Can't the sales agent give you a dummy sales invoice or something like that to allow you to "legally" use the vehicle without the plates? An agent from Honda did this to my friend's City so she could drive it without plates for an additional week or two after the first sales invoice "expired".

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast