New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks po for your inputs. I think i will be giving rey electrical in cubao a try and if still can't be fixed, sir sherwin's contact in mazda GH is the way to go.

*monro: sir saan po mismo sa cubao yung Rey Electrical? Hingi po ako ng directions papunta dun, and contact number po nila kung meron kayo.
    Thanks po.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmax21 View Post
    Thanks po for your inputs. I think i will be giving rey electrical in cubao a try and if still can't be fixed, sir sherwin's contact in mazda GH is the way to go.

*monro: sir saan po mismo sa cubao yung Rey Electrical? Hingi po ako ng directions papunta dun, and contact number po nila kung meron kayo.
    Thanks po.
    Its located at 15th avenue in cubao, Coming from EDSA north bound turn right at new york st. go straight until you see 15th avenue and turn right at 15th avenue. dont have their number but you can do a search in the web to get it. Just to give you a perspective, this happened twice. 1st instance, I can open the back door but it doesnt lock, took it to Mazda Greenhills and told me need to replace assembly. Went to Rey and they just adjusted the "rod" of the mechanisim and it worked. After a year it happened again, I thought the rod needed adjustment already, brought it to Rey electrical, turned out to be the actuator, they pulled it out and was able to fix it. No problems as of writing and its been months already.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hello Sirs, Just had the lock fixed
    Ang galing talaga dun sa rey's.
    Overhaul din ng actuator ang ginawa, sobrang ingat nung technician (his name is Gil) sa paggawa at pagbaklas, yun tipong sariling sasakyan nya yung binabaklas nya na pagiingat
    and to top it off, 300 lang singil nya sakin.
    I paid for it and tipped him 200

I recommend you bring your tribbies (or even other types) to this shop for oem actuator problems.
    Ask for Gil

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmax21 View Post
    Hello Sirs, Just had the lock fixed
    Ang galing talaga dun sa rey's.
    Overhaul din ng actuator ang ginawa, sobrang ingat nung technician (his name is Gil) sa paggawa at pagbaklas, yun tipong sariling sasakyan nya yung binabaklas nya na pagiingat
    and to top it off, 300 lang singil nya sakin.
    I paid for it and tipped him 200

I recommend you bring your tribbies (or even other types) to this shop for oem actuator problems.
    Ask for Gil
    Thats nice to hear BTW has anybody had their airconditioning serviced? any shop recommendations?

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    saan ba made tribby natin? CBU japan ba or Thailand?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tancho_kuhaku View Post
    saan ba made tribby natin? CBU japan ba or Thailand?
    "Made in the Philippines"

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    Been awhile since I revisited this thread.

I have the same issue with the my Tribute tires. Am contemplating on changing it even if the tires could still last me 2 more years. I believe its the stock tires that are to blame. I have never encountered a stock Goodyear tire that did not give me the same problem; road noise, wobbling noise! All our vehicles (even sedans) that came with Goodyear tires have the same noise problem. Maybe its the reason why the local plant shut down :shutup: the local car makers finally realized this issue...

A tire dealer told me that most tires for this type of vehicle have aggressive design (for off-roads) that's why its noisy. But I dont go to dirt roads often and if I do, I make sure a sedan can pass thru those roads too else we'd have to bring a 4x4. He however recommended a certain Michellin model which he says is quiet.

Maybe when i really cant stand the road noise anymore :giveup: I will change my tires
    After a year or so of tolerating the tire noise, I still have my Tribute and finally gave in and replaced my tires with a new set of standard Kumhos.

Now the cabin is as quiet as can be :shhh: .... no need to raise your voice when driving at high speeds (the Goodyear tire noise is even louder than the radio!).

I recommend you guys who find this issue irritating to just change your tires without regretting about the remaing useful life of your existing tires for a more pleasant ride

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I'm not sure if I made a huge mistake buying a tribute last dec 2009.

To everyone out there who owned a tribute... after using it for few/several years... what can you say about keeping it for 5-7 years? I've just read someone who traded one for a cx7 within 4 years of ownership...

Can anyone please give some insights if the tribute is worth keeping for years... or is it wise to dispose of it (sell or trade in) as early as now?

Thank you.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphA_Q View Post
    uy sali ako dito....sorry tagal ko d na visit tong thread na to...medyo busy kase e....let me know kung ano plano....set tyo ng eb ...txt me 09178126975

1.)drewverde
    2.) Patrick T. (pjut)
    3.) jgkagaoan
    4.)AlphA_Q
    5.)
    6.)
    7.)
    8.)
    9.)
    10.)

wala na bang tribby owners' meet sa panahon ngayon...?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_komyuter View Post
    I'm not sure if I made a huge mistake buying a tribute last dec 2009.

To everyone out there who owned a tribute... after using it for few/several years... what can you say about keeping it for 5-7 years? I've just read someone who traded one for a cx7 within 4 years of ownership...

Can anyone please give some insights if the tribute is worth keeping for years... or is it wise to dispose of it (sell or trade in) as early as now?

Thank you.
    hi komyuter..that was me owning the tribute for 4 yrs and trading it for a cx7...what can i say?,,,tribute was my first suv and it was casa maintained....had it running for almost 65k kms na before having it traded...except for the regular PMS...wala naman major repairs na na encounter ang tribute ko...it's how you value and take care of your car that matters...kaya i can say that even owning one for 4 yrs kung pwede lang na 2 ang maintain ko na sasakyan why not..kaso hindi ko kaya yun....your tribute won't let you down , just take care of it...and you will never regret owning one....safe driving....