New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    napa repaint na namin tribute hehe..parang bago na....ulit..hirap pg itim pala eh...hehe...mga ilan ba f/c ng tribby? d ko pa nccompute e...haha...e balak namin mgpagudpud pa naman...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hey Tribesmen,

Was wondering, what oil and viscosity do you use on your rides?
    To answer my question, hehe, I called up Mazda Quezon Ave. According to their Service department, the oil they put in Tribby's are either Regular (20w-50), Semi-synthetic/Synthetic blend (10w-40) or Fully Synthetic (5w-40).

These are the oils and viscosities offered by their oil supplier, Castrol.

Funny, but neither of these viscosities conform to the 5w-20 or 5w-30 prescribed in the owner's manual. I wonder, is this so because the manual was supposedly for markets with colder temperatures? Or just because these are what are available from the supplier?

Hmmm...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Probably. 5w40 shouldn't harm your engine, but if thinner oil is recommended, it's better to use that.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by docchris View Post
    napa repaint na namin tribute hehe..parang bago na....ulit..hirap pg itim pala eh...hehe...mga ilan ba f/c ng tribby? d ko pa nccompute e...haha...e balak namin mgpagudpud pa naman...
    docchris....washover ba repaint mo or certain parts of the tribute lang?,,,if washover...where po and how much?..thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Probably. 5w40 shouldn't harm your engine, but if thinner oil is recommended, it's better to use that.
    yeah, i would think so, too.

so much for casa-maintained eh? the oil recommended for the engine gets thrown out the window for the sake of business interests. what about the tribbys (and escapes) of people who entrust their service maintenance to casa who don't pay attention to this detail?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    wala bang eb?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    guys share ko lang. i had my 2005 2.3L tribute converted to lpg recently. no significant loss in power except that i have to shell out 39k for the conversion....hehehe. so far sulit naman. i was able to save at least P1,200 a week. so that's easily 4,800 a month (tama ba?). aside from the fact that it also made me more environment friendly....hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphA_Q View Post
    guys share ko lang. i had my 2005 2.3L tribute converted to lpg recently. no significant loss in power except that i have to shell out 39k for the conversion....hehehe. so far sulit naman. i was able to save at least P1,200 a week. so that's easily 4,800 a month (tama ba?). aside from the fact that it also made me more environment friendly....hehehe
    oohh! interesting! what type of tank did you use? same kit ba for the 3.0L version? what's your fuel consumption pala, btw?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    pinalagay ko torroidal tank. they placed it sa well where my spare wheel is at. then i had to buy a donut tire na lang para may spare pa ako. fuel consumption is around 7-8km/l city driving. fuel consumption is almost d same using petrol, but you can have it tuned to be a miser or a guzzler. btw it has its own injectors and own ecu. galing!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    diff kit for a 6cyl engine ata. or add lang sila injectors. m not sure sorry. but im pretty sure na mas mattas price konti than the kit for a 4 cyl engine....