New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi,

I would like to ask inputs on cars since I dont know much about it. I am trying to gradually learn things since we bought a second hand 2005 AT Mazda Tribute 2 months ago. I just had my engine oil and filter changed and was advised to have my brake pads, brake shoe, brake fluid and air cleaner to be changed as well. I would also like the car to be tuned up din.

Where can I buy the brake pads, brake shoe, brake fluid and air cleaner? The mechanic says I have to buy these from an Auto supply shop and I would have to pay labor cost na lang to him.

Are there any specifications whatsoever in purchasing these items? How much would these things cost and how long can I use it until I have it changed again? Also, how often do I need to change AT fluid? and for the Tune up, the mechanic who did my engine oil change said I should take it to Mazda for Tune up, is that so ba tlga?

Thanks in Advance

Hi!

For maintenance schedule, see your vehicle's manual. For every oil change/tune up, the following should be replaced:

OIL
    OIL FILTER
    AIR FILTER element
    FUEL FILTER
    SPARK PLUGS

Have the following checked/cleaned/adjusted to spec:

BRAKES, front & rear (including brake master cyl in the engine bay)
    RADIATOR COOLANT

Try purchasing these from Mazford, Banawe, QC or at any Mazda Dealer (if you want orig Mazda Japan parts).

Oil change/tune up is usually done every 5months or 5000km whichever comes first. Include brakes checkup and tire rotation.

Thanks,
    azzkkr2600

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    This is indeed very helpful! Thanks a lot!

There's a lot to know pala when u have a car. Now I'm thinking of learning the basics about automotive also, para I know how to troubleshoot basic engine problems also.

Mazda Tribute Maintenance/s