New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Panget pala RX-8.

For that amount of money, especially considering the road conditions here, why not get a midsize CRDi Turbocharged SUV?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hunt around the Morato-Greenhills area... ang daming high-end importers doon.

At 1.3 million? What are you going for? Looks? Sportiness? Speed? Reliability?

If it's speed, a Civic 2.0 S MT hits the spot, but it's not very sporty. You can get into a Mazda3 2.0R, which is pretty good, and comes with great tires as stock, or the Mazda6 2.3 (just add a little more money), which drives really sweetly. But you're right, you could wait for a facelift, and hope they give them more power or manual transmissions when they do... medyo bitin yung mga Mazda dahil automatic lang. (fingers crossed!)

Kung porma, again, puwede ang Hyundai Coupe. Mala-Ferrari ang loob...

If you're looking at secondhand sportscars, puwede ang mga Mitsubishi Evo sa price na yun... at mga mas recent na Acura RSX / Honda Integra... and they'll be easier to care for than the Evos.
    Last edited by niky; March 21st, 2007 at 11:57 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rotary engine unless you know a good mechanic steer away from this.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Ay, wala ren pala. I used to really like the RX-8 alot but having it serviced will probably be a big hassle kaya nag pass ako.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kung may warranty and service dito sa casa ok sana.
    baka kasi magulat yung mga local mechanics pag nakita yung engine baka sabihin sa yo bakit ka naglagay ng motor ng washing machine sa sports car mo hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Panget pala RX-8.

For that amount of money, especially considering the road conditions here, why not get a midsize CRDi Turbocharged SUV?
    Sorry I just couldn't help it. You have to own one. I'm in the US and I drive one everyday, so does my buddy who works with me and we're both crazy about our 8s.
    The RX-8 is Mazda's flagship, and the wankel rotary is a reliable engine. Lahat ng sasakyan requires maintenance and it's no different with the 8, sure you'll pay a hefty amount for it but the car basically pays for itself once you've experienced the thrill of driving it.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    im a diehard rotary nut, maganda yan rx8, but you have to pay d price, id agree with the guys who were thingking about the warranty, bcoz wala used car importer nagbibigay ng warranty this the reason ive landed on 07mzd6 , the casa naman does not hav service manual or spare parts for RX, but the good mechanix/tuning shops here in manila can service and fix rx cars But you will have to aquire your own oil splugs brake pads etc on your own, yun lang. to own drive rx frnt mid engine layout is truly rewarding

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    madami naman mga naka rx8 dito sa manila may mga jdm meron din us vers. 4white black bluematic red meron din, i actualy got to talk to a RX8 owner this week lang at tiendesitas he drives USO3white mazdaspeed w/ carbon wing black work rims. wala naman siya problema sa oto niya , d nagooverheat at kaya pa din umakyat ng humps nd banketa para magpark,but he bought 1year supply of oil yes you will have to change oil arnd evry3 months5Tkm, ganto din naman if naka subaru or evo ka if you want engine to last.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
    Hi guys. Medyo bago pa ako sa cars and I was thinking of buying a Mazda RX-8. Ok lng ba itong car na ito? And good buy ba sya? Also, san po kya ako makakita ng brand new / second hand na RX-8? Thanks in advance.

try mo sa r33 exchange sa ortigas malapit sa dating ultra (yung pinangyarihan ng disaster na wowowee) daming SPORTS CAR DUN. SOBRA PA SA CAR SHOW MGA KOTSE DUN

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    you need to replace the oil every 1000 miles or 1600 kilometers (which comes out to every 5 full tanks!). it requires fully synthetic oil. If you do 500km/month (which is pretty low) that means oil change every 3 months * 4000+ per oil change.
    it's not necessary to change the oil every 100 but miles you will have to monitor your oil level and maintain it. synthetic oil is NOT recommended unless you are using an Oil Meterin Pump adapter that taps oil/premix from an external reservoir. Reason being is that synthetic oils do not burn completely and since the rotary engines inject oil from the oil pan to the combustion chamber to lubricate the apex seals (similar to piston rings on a 4 stroke engine), using synthetic oil would just contribute to the carbon deposit build-up.

My daily driver is an RX-8 and I've had it since for over 2 years now. So far I have racked almost 60,000 miles on it and have yet to encounter any major problems. This is by far the best car I have ever owned and the best part of my morning is to hit the 9K redline on 2nd, 3rd and maybe 4th gear on my way to work. It's a great car IMO... lightweight, near 50/50 weight distribution, decent power, outstanding handling and superior braking and I can fit my family of four comfortably. It may not be a torque monster and it guzzles gas like a V6 but if I want a fuel efficient commuter, I'd get a hybrid, 1.5/1.6 four banger or even a 3 cyl geo metro. But that wouldn't be as exciting and nowhere near as ***y as my RX8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mazda RX-8